cracked

Villain In The Drama
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

5

 

 

Jiyong just get in to his house from campus when he find Chaerin sitting at his living room along with his mother and another two persons. Big catalog books and many other things are everywhere.

“I’m home…” he said.

Chaerin lifted her head, “Hi.” She smiled.

“Hey, my son.” Mrs. Kwon also lifted her head looking at his confused face.

“What is this, eomma?” he asked, pointing at mess around his mom.

“Son, this is Mr. Kang and his assistant, he’s the party planner, I hired him for the engagement party and Chaerin here to help picking the theme and everything.” Mrs. Kwon explained while waving a big catalog of flower arrangements.

Jiyong saw Chaerin is in the middle of looking at another catalog, looks like a sample of party decorations.

“So this is the groom-to-be?” Mr. Kang asked.

“Grom-to-be?" Jiyong puzzled."

Chaerin laughs, "No, not him.” she said.

“Oh, my bad, I’m sorry, since I thought Mr. Kwon Jiyong is the one who's getting engage and Miss Chaerin is your soon-to-be fiancée.”

Jiyong feels his ear warm, “No… no…” he murmured.

 

"This engagement is for his older sister, my daughter, Kwon Dami, too bad she’s not living in Korea so that’s why I asked Chaerin to help, because if I asked Jiyong, he will not helping at all.” She explain.

Mr. Kang laughs, “That’s true, men are more clueless about something like this and you are lucky that your son have such a reliable girl friend like Chaerin.” He look at Chaerin. “She’s pretty and have a really good taste.”

Jiyong paused, in one side there’s a tiny feeling of not wanting to denying Mr. Kang’s misunderstanding. And he was also surprised to see Chaerin didn’t say anything about it.

Instead of denying Mr. Kang thoughts, she prefer to change the subject.

 “I have a good taste?” she asked.

“You are, Chaerin-ssi, look at this theme you choose.” Mr. Kang pointed his notes.

“What’s the theme?” Jiyong took his bag off and join them.

 

+

 

A nice sedan stop in front of Jiyong’s house.

“Ah that’s her.” Chaerin said.

Jiyong who send her outside nodded, “Thank you.”

“No worries! Turns out it’s a fun activity…” the she waved, “Bye.”

“Bye, thank you!”

 

“And why am I picking you up in Kwon Jiyong’s house?” Dara asked behind her steer wheel after Chaerin called her and asked Dara to pick her up in Jiyong’s house.

“Beause…” Chaerin pretended to be busy changing the radio station. “Let’s listen to another song, shall we…?”

“Chaerin, explain!”

Chaerin don’t know where to start, “Dara… you’re my cousin and my very best friend… I think you will not judge me.”

“I won’t.” Dara turn off the radio, “Now tell me since when you like this Jiyong guy?”

“No… I don’t like him that way… the reason why I’m getting close to him lately is…” And then she told her every reason behind her dilemma.

“So you’re trying to make Mrs. Kwon pleased?” Dara asked.

“I have no choice… it hurts to see my mother sad…” she said, “I did this purely for my mom.”

“But what if Mrs. Kwon desire to have you as her daughter-in-law getting stronger because you’re always there for her?”

Chaerin paused, she bite her lip, “Well…”

Her mind flew to several moments she spent with Jiyong, the phone calls, he’s a smart guy, his passion in music amaze her, he’s also a good listener, Chaerin is not an open person but she could talk about her personal life like they’re best friend. “Every mother loves Lee Chaerin, you know~” she laughs while Dara act like she’s gonna throw up.

 

+

 

“Jiyong,” his mom calls, “why you didn’t give these jars back to Chaerin?” she pointed at clean tea jars.

Chaerin said she doesn’t need it back but his mom didn’t know that.

“Oh, that…” he paused, “I think she forget, I’ll send it to her house later.”

Jiyong went to his room, closes the door, he’s been weird in this past few weeks, after encounter to encounter with Chaerin, the conversation he had with her, he’s not sure what kind of feeling he has for Chaerin. Maybe he just wanted to be friend with her because its so easy to talk to her. Chaerin is smart, she would catch up with every topic Jiyong brought easily, and maybe because Chaerin came from similar sphere with him, she could understand him more.

With Sohee, he could also talk about many things, but when Jiyong talked about something related to money, he could sense Sohee is a bit sensitive about it, like when he talked about holidays;

“So my family will leave to Auckland for a week.” He said to Sohee, “I’m gonna miss you and I will bring you a good present from there.”

“Your holiday is so different with mine, me and my family just going to hike and eat rice box.” She replied, sarcastically.

Somehow it made him feel bad. In other side, Jiyong didn’t say it for bragging, its just the way he is, born in rich family, holidays and expensive things are common thing, and he just want to share, but its difficult to talk about his ‘daily lifestyle’ which so much different with Sohee’s life style, so he stop talking about holiday and anything related to money with her.

Meanwhile in one conversation he has with Chaerin,

“Your sister live in Paris?”

Jiyong nodded.

“There is one dessert shop I love in Paris.” Chaerin said.

“La petite amie?” he said.

“OMG how did you know?”

“I like to go there too…” he laughs.

“I thought that place is not famous, but the dessert is surely heaven.”

“If you’re going to Prague, there’s one place that is so famous about their sweets, ugh forgot the name.” he said.

“Prague? Hmm I love that city… so romantic, isn’t it?”

“It is! I think its more romantic than Paris.” Jiyong replied.

“Agree! And I think many place in Italy also more romantic than Paris.” Chaerin said.

“Like Florence…”

“Oh yes, Florence… t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter