casualty

Villain In The Drama
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

4

 

 

“Sohee, Sohee, babe, wait.”

“You lied to me.” She said.

“No, it’s not like what its looked like, babe.”

He saw tears in her eyes, “You liar!”

“I’m not!” Jiyong tried his luck.

“It wasn’t a voice of a maid! It was her voice!!” She raised her voice.

“Sohee, please.” Jiyong pleaded.

She’s crying.

“Babe,” he hugs her, “You knew the story, right? You knew why she’s always there, it’s all because of my mom… no need to worry… I’ll always choose you.” He said.

“Really?!”

“Of course! Chaerin is around me because my mom always makes her to…” he said, he tried to make his heart beating slower because he knew it was all lie. But he was saying the truth when he said he’s gonna choose Sohee.

Sohee wiped her tear, “Don’t leave me.”

“I won’t” he said, “Now go home safely and I’ll call you after I drop her off.”

“Do you have to drive her home? And let me walk alone in the dark? I am your girlfriend, not her!”

“Babe, please understand, I’d die if my mom knew I made her took taxi from here.” But suddenly a taxi approach and stop near Chaerin.

“Jiyong-ssi, I’ll take taxi from here.” She smiled.

“No, Chaerin.” He’s now jumbled.

“Its alright, I won’t tell eomu-nim.” She waved and bowed at Sohee.

“Whoaa so jealous, she even called your mom eomu-nim.” Sohee murmured.

“Let’s go, I walked you home.” He said.

 

+

 

“Chae…” her mom knocked on her door.

“Yes, eomma?”

“Honey, Mrs. Kwon called, said that you bring her the most delicious daechu-cha, and she invited me to have lunch tomorrow.”

Chaein smiled, “Yeah, she said she misses talking to you.”

“Are you doing this for me?”

“No, eomma… I just—you know I’m good at making cha, right? I found out that she loves daechu-cha, so I sent her one.”

Mrs. Lee sat on the edge of her bed, “Chae… if you really can’t date her son, don’t give her false hope.”

“Yeah… but.” Her mind flew to Jiyong, the way he talked, the way he laughs, nothing is really bad from that, she could like him easily. But there’s Sohee between them. “I made it clear to Mrs, Kwon that I did this purely because she likes tea.”

Mrs. Lee hug her, “I love you, Chaerin… my precious.”

“Good luck for tomorrow eomma, I hope Mrs. Kwon can do something for you, but even if she can’t, remember that the lunch is a friendly lunch because you two are friends, right?”

“Yes, we haven’t talked for such a long time due to business… we had some stories to catch tomorrow…” she got up, “rest well, Chae.”

 

+

 

Jiyong drive back home after another small fight with Sohee. He was tired since he and Sohee is always fight over many things. He tried to understand that sometimes Sohee just feel insecure. He suddenly remember about Chaerin, the girl with a just-right self esteem, cheerfulness and casualty. He suddenly press her number, he regret it when the connecting tone already rang.

“Hello?” she answered.

“Chaerin-ssi, this is Jiyong.”

She paused, “Jiyong-ssi, hi.”

“Hi.” He chuckles.

“What’s up?”

“I just—I need to check on you since you took a cab…”

“Oh, I’m home, safe and sound.” She chuckles. Her voice is husky and warm. “Where are you?”

“I’m on my way back home.”

“Isn’t it raining?”

“Yeah it is…” he said.

“Be careful.” She said, very casual, and again, it made him flustered for no reason.

“It’s very cold outside, I guess.” He said.

“I guess so…”

“I need some of your tea at home later.” He laughs.

“Add some mints if you like.”

“Mints?” he asked, “Mint leaves?”

“Yeah, mint leaves not candy.” She laughs.

They talked until Jiyong reach his house and he has to hung up, even though—strangely—he still wanted to hear her voice.

 

+

 

Jiyong and Sohee was at the Mall, they’re going to have lunch but Jiyong has to stop by her mother’s music store first to checking on some stuffs, as indie producer, Jiyong has some of his artists album sold in his mother’s music store.

“I’ll be at the bookstore,” Sohee said, Mrs. Kwon bookstore and music store is side by side in some branches.

Jiyong paused, he suddenly remember Chaerin is looking for a book. “Let’s go to the bookstore first.” He said.

Sohee furrowed her eyebrows, Jiyong is not someone who likes to read. “You’re looking for some books?”

“No… well, I just, its been a long time I’m not going there.” He said.

Sohee went to the fiction section while Jiyong immediately went to the literature section.

“Mr. Kwon…” a staff coming and greet him.

“Oh, Hello.”

“Can I help you?”

“Well, I’m looking for Oscar Wilde’s book.” He said.

“Oscar Wilde? Which book?”

“Uh… Ballad of… Gaol?”

“The Ballad of Reading Gaol?”

“Yeah, maybe that’s the title.” Jiyong nodded.

“That book will not be selling at this kind of modern bookstore, Mr. Kwon, it’s a collector items, and even the new edition is consider a collector item.”

“Oh, okay…” he rubbed his chinm “Do you know where I can get i

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter