Chapter 二

Protect My Body
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Losing another archery contest with his brother had put him in a sour mood. Also, he was only just informed that his father was planning a competition for his hand. Many princesses and noble ladies were coming in about a month to compete for marriage, a marriage that involved him and he didn't even get a say in it. He scoffed at the thought of it. He hated this palace - hated royalty and aristocrats. They were all so fake. There was no such thing as sincerity anymore. He wasn't born out of love. He never knew love. All in all, he was in a sour mood per usual.

Jongin draped a towel around his waist and walked out of the bathing area. He walked over to one of the court maidens who had her head bowed down with a towel resting upon her outstretched hands. He took the towel and wiped his face with it, throwing it at her afterwards. The court maiden, unprepared, gave a little shriek. As Jongin slowly turned to her with an annoyed face, other court maidens shied away in fear. Jongin slowly approached the court maiden who had shrieked and scoffed, "Can't take a little rough treatment?"

"A little?" the girl did not look at him as she scoffed and gestured to the other maidens who were cowering, "Your highness, if you cannot see the rough treatment you are subjecting us to everyday, you. Are. Blind."

Jongin narrowed his eyes and stepped closer to her, towering over her. She was not fazed by the proximity nor his attempt at intimidation; she simply stared strai

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter