Chapter 六

Protect My Body
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

She ran her other hand down the blade of the sword she held and looked at Jongin. Jongin smirked and got into a fighting stance. 

The girl beckoned for him to strike first and he obeyed. 

Clang! Clang! Their swords met each other, strike after strike, neither of them missing a beat. Jongin jumped and attempted to stab her, but she quickly blocked, allowing for his sword to hit hers. Jongin panted from the endless strikes he had attempted while the girl breathed evenly even after blocking his immensely powerful strikes. The girl smiled sweetly, "I've been on defense this whole time. Should I switch to offense?"

Jongin panted, "Do whatever you want."

He quickly kicked her away and brought his sword up for another strike, but the girl recovered from his kick and moved more quickly than he, kicking the sword out of his hand. He bent to get the sword and regain his composure quickly, but she already had her sword to his throat.

He chuckled and put up his hands, "You win."

She threw her sword away and scoffed, "I don't win anything; being your bodyguard is hardly a reward. It's just better than being in a prison."

With that, she walked away, her white robes trailing after her. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter