Chapter 四

Protect My Body
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jongin looked up as the doors to his room slid open, revealing his mother, frantic with worry. She sat on the pillow next to his table and grabbed his arm, examining it, "Jongin! I heard you were attacked by some maniac girl! How dare she!"

Jongin twisted his arm out of his mother's grasp and sighed, "I am fine, mother. The girl has been punished. Go back, now."

The woman was dressed in exquisite red and black silk, and her hair was adorned with jewels and jade. In Jongin's eyes, she was just too extra and...decorated. He could hardly bear to acknowledge her as his mother, for he knew she had seduced his father just to achieve a more comfortable life. There was no such thing as love in the palace; he was sick of the king's emotionless family. His mother nodded, "As long as she has been properly punished, I suppose all is well." 

"Precisely. Now, please leave."

"Actually, I did not come here just to talk about the maniac," she fidgeted, which made Jongin narrow his eyes,"your father is holding a...contest, if you will, for your hand in marriage."

Jongin rolled his eyes and went back to his studies, muttering, "Very well. Tell him to go through with it."

His mother's eyes widened, "Really? You approve?"

"He would have proceeded with or without my permission."

She nodded, "That is true. I will leave now."

As soon as she left, Jongin slapped his book down and looked up at his two servants, who always stood

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter