Chapter 七

Protect My Body
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

She threw her sword away and scoffed, "I don't win anything; being your bodyguard is hardly a reward. It's just better than being in a prison."

With that, she walked away, her white robes trailing after her. 

Jongin stood up and brushed himself off. He tossed his sword to the ground and then noticed the bit of blood that stained the tip; he had cut her unintentionally.

*~* 

The girl took off her underclothes and noticed a cut on her arm; she had gotten it from blocking one of Jongin's strikes with her left arm and sword, creating an 'x' with her arms. His strikes had been very powerful but slow. She sat on her bed with only her bindings and pants on when a girl suddenly burst in. She gasped as she saw the large and deep cut on the swordswoman's arm, "Mei mei*, what happened?"

*a affectionate way to address a younger girl or sister. In this instance, she means to address a younger girl affectionately, for they have no blood relation.

As the older girl got medical supplies out from under her own bed, the swordswoman smiled reassuringly and waved her hand dismissively, "It's ok. I've endured worse, Meiyu jie."

Meiyu went outside and when she returned, she held a bowl of water she fetched from a nearby well. She wet a towel and handed it to the girl sitting on the bed while she prepared bandages, "You've endured worse, but that doesn't mean you won't get an infection."

The girl cleansed her wound as Meiyu prepared

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter