Chapter 五

Protect My Body
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jongin's newly appointed bodyguard stumbled as the servants struggled to force her into the robes that strangely resembled a man's. When the robes were fitted and her hair was tied into a ponytail, she made a move to leave. She frowned as one of the girls piped up, "Um, miss? We aren't done yet."

She turned back around and they placed a fake mustache on her. She rolled her eyes, "You have got to be kidding me."

Ignoring their pleas and protests, she stormed out and found Jongin standing by one of the palace's ponds. She pulled the mustache off and pasted it on his lips. Then, to Jongin's amazement, she took off her outer robes and shoes, throwing the pieces of clothing at him afterwards. Jongin almost laughed at the irony. She scoffed and pointed at the robes, "Are you trying to make me look like a man?"

Jongin peeled the mustache off his lips and flicked it onto the ground. He looked at her with his hands on his hips, "Exactly. Do you really think I'll let everyone see me with a female bodyguard?"

She shrugged, "You can either have me as your female bodyguard or not at all."

Jongin threw the shoes and robes at a nearby servant and he nodded, "Have it your way then."

He gestured for guards to take the girl back to the dungeons. The guards took her by the arms and she just smirked, "You think these measly male guards are enough to restrain me?"

She stomped on the guards' feet and they released their holds on her arms,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter