An Added Brown

Vibrant White
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Recount:

Nails: if someone likes you enough, their eye colour appears on your nails. If more than one person likes you enough, the rules remain the same, you just have some nails one eye colour and other nails another; whichever crusher likes you more claims more nails if there is an uneven amount of nails divided between the crushers. 

"Crusher": term of someone who likes another strong enough that their eye colour appears on said other's nails.

"Host": term of someone who is liked by another enough that said other's eye colour appears on their nails.

Eye colour: eye colour changes depending on one's mood, be it becoming more in depth or clouding over. Since this occurs, the nail colour on the host changes along with the eye of the crusher. 

Dark Pink: if the crusher decides to never reveal their feelings, the host's nails will turn a dark pink until they take notice, and then all colour disappears. This occurs more often than any other effect. 

White: if the crusher decides to reveal their feelings, the host's nails will turn a white until the crusher reveals themselves, to which afterwards all colour disappears.

Focus: if the crusher reveals their feelings, and the white on the nails of the host disappear, that doesn't mean the crusher no longer loves the host, so why does all colour disappear? It is thought that colour disappears from nails once the host knows who their crusher is. Therefore, if the host concentrates enough, they can make the colour of their crusher appear on their nails once more, as long as said crusher still likes them. 

Jimin: Host of two crushers, them being Taehyung and Hoseok.

Hoseok: Crusher of Jimin, currently dating Taehyung as a preparation for a three-way relationship.

Taehyung: Crusher of Jimin, currently dating Hoseok as a preparation for a three-way relationship.

Namjoon: Crusher of Seokjin, Host of Seokjin, currently dating Seokjin.

Seokjin: Crusher of Namjoon, Host of Namjoon, currently dating Namjoon.

Yoongi: Host of unknown crusher.

___________________________________________________

 

"Who's this?" Yoongi asked. His eyes landed on someone around his height, but his facial features were too childish for him to be around his age.

"Ah! You haven't met him yet, have you?" Jimin asked. 

"This is Kookie!" Taehyung cut in, wrapping his arms around the boy. "He's 

"Of course, that's just a nickname. He's actually called Jeon Jungkook." Jimin smiled at his friend's excitement.

Jungkook smiled at Yoongi, who couldn't help but smile back. That grin was contagious. Jungkook offered out his hand, to which Yoongi took it in his own and shook it once.

"Min Yoongi," he introduced himself. "Nice to meet you, Kookie."

Kookie laughed and pulled back his hand. "You, too. What grade are you?"

Yoongi laid his hands on his lunch bag, pulling out the small snack his mum had worked hard to afford for. "I'm by myself," he joked. "Year two of vocation high school. Yourself?"

Taehyung squeezed Jungkook. "He's in our grade, despite being, what was it? One or two years younger."

Yoongi nodded, surprised. Perhaps they had another smart one in the group. But before he could comment on the topic, Namjoon cut in.

"Ah, but you're not as alone as you though, Yoongi," Namjoon said. Yoongi looked at him with a confused expression, and he continued, "Your nails are coloured, remember?"

Seokjin, having been taking a swing from his bottle of water, spit out the liquid in his mouth, spraying the boys who all exclaimed in negativity. Seokjin held an arm over his mouth, his eyes wide. He asked Really?, and Yoongi honestly felt offended. He knew he was different from the other boys, that he was cold. He also knew that his hyung would be surprised when he found out, but Yoongi didn't expect this type of response. He closed his hands into fists self-consciously.

But of course, the other boys being as they were, they pried his hands from his lap and forced his fingers open to look at his nails while Namjoon showed off how he always knew Yoongi would get a crush eventually. Jimin, despite already having seen it that morning, gaped at Yoongi's nails in surprise. So did Hoseok, and eventually Namjoon as well when he looked at them.

"What?" Yoongi asked. "You three have seen them already, what's with the looks?"

"It's just...they've changed," Jimin said.

"What!?" Yoongi demanded. He brought his hands back and examined them. Sure enough, they were completely different from this morning. They were still a deep, but brighte colour, but they were no longer blue! In fact, they were brown and certainly looked more natural for an eye colour.

"What the he--"

"Language," Seokjin interrupted before Yoongi could finish. "Maybe they were wearing eye contacts? I've noticed that ever since K-pop bands have started doing that, it's become popular to wear coloured contacts. It makes your eyes look bigger or something."

"Oh, yeah," Taehyung said. "I've noticed kids in my class doing that some. Blue and red are really common colours for something like that."

Yoongi nodded, understanding. His hopes had both been lifted but also had sunken as well. Sunken because now he wouldn't be able to differentiate the colour from m

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter