Only you

I love you to the extent that it hurts;

 

He was going to propose her.. God I shouldn’t have done this. I shouldn’t have..

 

“Babe, what are you doing here?” She heard a familiar voice behind her.

 

Hana saw Hoya standing in front of the door, looking dumbfounded.

 

“Nnothing..” She immediately packed all the things back in the box but she was stopped by a pair of hands.

“What are you doing..? with the.. trash?”

“Trash?” She was surprised when Hoya said the word, trash.

“I told Sera to throw all these away, why are they still here?” He looked serious.

“I.. I don’t know, I was just thinking to unpack the rest of the things when I saw this box.” For the first time, she felt afraid of him. He sounded rather mad.

 

He picked up the box and left the room, bringing the box out with him.

It took her few seconds to process what the hell just happened and went out of the room. She tried to find him but he was nowhere to be found in the house. Then she heard a car engine and she rushed to outside but Hoya’s car was already leaving the parking lot, just like that.

 

Was he mad at me?

 

She waited for him on the couch. It’s been 2 hours and he’s still not home. She wanted to contact his phone but she was afraid. Yes, for the first time, she was afraid of him. She had never seen Hoya like that before. She could feel the burning glaze when Hoya saw the box just now.

She waited for another 30 minutes, before her eyes started to flutter. She wanted to wait for him, but her eyes acted the otherwise. She was about to completely drifted to neverland when she heard the door clicked open. Her eyes immediately wide open, like she had just slept for a good amount of time. She stood up and rushed to the door.

 

“Baby? Why aren’t you sleeping?”

“I was waiting for you.”

“Why?” He acted like nothing happened and it worried her.

“The box..” It’s sort of sounded like a whisper but obviously loud enough for him to hear it.

“Come..” He took Hana’s hand and interlaced it with him and led her to the balcony.

 

“The box, I asked Sera to throw it away before we moved to this house.”

“Why?”

“Why? Simple, it meant nothing for me anymore.” He sounded calm and it made her heart beat normal again.

“I’m sorry that I opened the box without your permission.”

“No, I’m the only who was supposed to say sorry. I should have thrown it away long ago.”

“Oppa, I’m sorry if what I’m going to ask you next will hurt your feeling but I wanted to ask you this, sooner or later. Were you actually going to propose to her?” She wanted to sound as calm as possible but she couldn’t hide the shakiness she’s feeling right now.

 

He took a deep breath before answering her question.

 

“Yes. I did.” He confessed.

 

A low sigh escaped from Hana’s mouth.

She didn’t know what to say anymore, simply because she got the answer that she wanted.

 

“I was about to propose her when she dumped me just like that. Like, I meant nothing but a sort of helpless kitten to her.”

 

She could feel his arms tighten around her waist.

 

“But you know what, I was thankful for what had already happened.”

“What? Why?”

“Why? Because of this fate, I met you. Because of this fate, I am now, happily married to you. I could have wish for nothing more perfect than this Jung Hana, remember that.”

“I.. I.. But I thought you were mad at me.”

“Mad? I am not mad at you baby. I’m just upset that those things are still here, and for you to discover it, I was afraid that it will hurt your feeling, and I was right. You think that I didn’t noticed how you acted, how your voice sounded different? I’m your husband Hana, eventhough we had been married for like, just 3 months, but I know you well baby.”

“You must have hurt badly oppa.”

“I was. To the extent I ran away from home, alcohol became my best friend day and night, I went to the club, and... slept with different women every night.” He released his grip on Hana’s waist and covered his face with two of his hands. A single tear escaped from his eyes. For the first time, he cried over a woman. Eventhough the break up with Eunhee greatly affected him but he never once cried over it. But now, the guilty feeling he had towards Hana was killing him.

 

She turned around, looking shocked after hearing his confession. But when she saw Hoya’s condition, she was even more surprised.

 

“I’m sorry Hana ah, I was still a teenager that time. Rebelling becomes my best friend at that period of time. But believe me, it was not something that I’m proud of.” He couldn't directly look into Hana's eyes. He didn't have the heart to. He felt ashamed.

 

She immediately hugged him and calmed him down. It was just like how a mother caring about her son.

 

“Shhh oppa, it’s ok. It’s ok. Why are you saying sorry to me? It wasn’t even your fault oppa.”

“I understand if you don’t want to be with me anymore. I know, I’m a jerk and I shouldn’t have..”

 

She cut him off with a kiss, soft, yet sweet and sensual.

 

“Oppa, stop talking.” She laughed. 

 

He could feel the sincerity in Hana's word. He replied her kiss and both of them hugging into each other's embrace while looking into the dark sky but brighten up with the company of the  stars.

 

 

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm in a total mood to update this chapter. Hopefully you're happy with the progress ._.