Last Goodbye

Sunmi x Chungha Oneshot Collection

Last Goodbye

 

She didn’t know where it went all wrong or how it began but she felt the intense cold atmosphere when they were close. It used to be overflowing with warming passion and love. Yet all they felt was the coldest breeze that passes by each second.

She sees the other hanging her head low, probably to prevent seeing her face. The hurried breaths the other took gave signs to her that she must hate it here.

Chungha coughs to clear the mood, the other didn’t bother to look up.

" Well, we expected this to happen. We know this was bound to exist. I just didn’t expect it to be this soon. " The soloist had croaked. Being in an arranged marriage setup may not be a fairytale ending you would wish for but Kim Chungha had loved everything of their "marriage". She guesses that it was only felt it one-sidedly.

The receiving end sighs for what seemed like a thousand that day. To be honest, Sunmi wasn’t sure whether to feel guilty, pity, or straight-up annoyance. This setup isn’t what she imagined the rest of her life to be. However, her father clearly thought that this was the best for his daughter.

" The best thing to do now is to break up. " Sunmi shoots her head up. She does not expect this to be the answer she would get out of from her now- ex-wife.

" Let’s be honest. You weren’t in full spirits when you found out you would be tied down to me. You weren’t ecstatic when we moved in together, nor when we exchanged vows as of that matter. Evidently, you like to be tied to no one I presume but you proved me wrong today unnie. " Chungha speaks in a gentle yet spiteful tone. She had a calm expression, there was no hint of anger nor despise. She looked straight into Sunmi's eyes. Eyes neither wavering nor out of focus. The look she always projects when she has decided upon.

Sunmi realizes the utter consequences of this potential split towards the sales and shares of their company.

" But Chungha-"

" If you are worried about the merge and the shares we have on your family company, no need. I already talked to my father to keep those shares and not pull out of the merging. After all, we did get married. They didn't say happily together and forever. So, you're free to go." Chungha says it with such ease as if she just let go of something unwanted in her life. Something she wouldn't regret leaving. That something just happened to be Sunmi.

" Chungha, listen to me. We could still fix this. You and I could stay in our marriage and be together. This issue will pass once I clear it out and deny - " Sunmi was cut off by a hand raised.

" Deny what? Your year-long affair with someone from the industry? Your hidden relationship with my colleague? I am aware that you never had an ounce of love for me. And in turn, I won’t get in the way of your happiness. Do not deny this man the way you denied me. Don’t be that heartless. " Chungha said. Picking up her things and getting ready to go out. Stopping by the door, Chungha speaks one last time.

" Always remember Sunmi-ssi that I loved you deeply despite getting nothing in return. Remember that someone got out of her own self-love to offer it to you. I loved you. Now, goodbye and never come back in my life. " Chungha leaves the room. She expects a lot of reporters and news crew on the steps of their company entrance, waiting for the confirmation of the released statement of divorce from the two off-springs of the most powerful businessmen in Korea.

Chungha steadies herself. She walks away, withdrawing from the life she thought she would be in caged in. The life that she was starting to accept and deal with. But luckily, Sunmi made a choice.

It was a choice of breaking her heart. But became her escape in their suffocation.

It may be news to people that she is now a divorcee but they will be even more shocked when Chungha walks out smiling.

And so she did. Smiling.


For it was new and refreshing in a long time.

She hears yells and questions thrown around.

" Yes, we are no longer together. " Chungha says still a smile on her face. She walks and walks until she reaches her car. Looks back on the entrance.

Goodbye, love.

 

 

hehe, break up au 

pls support our girls!! stream pporappippam! and tune in for chungha's play!

- Kororo143