CEO's Type (Part 2)

Sunmi x Chungha Oneshot Collection

CEO’s Type.2

 

The news of the potential dating of the newly acquired secretary and the head of Entertainment had baffled the entire office space. The gossip had breached even the security guards outside the building on the look-out for any shady or annoying scandalous reporters, fortunately there were none. While there was this frenzy, CEO Kim Chungha didn’t seem to notice. With work influx, the young entrepreneur had her head down on the swamping paperworks. Her secretary, Lee Sunmi had graciously finished her work as executive secretary and by noon time, she enters the Chief Executive Officer’s office to ‘help out’ the whiny Chungha.

 

All of these seemed very suspicious for all workers under the Power Entertainment. Whenever Chungha had to visit and evaluate some trainees, Sunmi was there. When in lunch meetings, Sunmi was there. When in personal engagement or appointments, the secretary trailed Chungha like a puppy. Well, for most normal employees, the secretary is duly working hard. But for crazy shippers all they see are the love signs.

 

“ I mean, Miss Lee didn’t have to go to the 2pm massage appointment but she did! If I were her, I would consider that as free time dude. “ Jeon Somi, the nosy intern starting just last week shared to her fellow interns and some pretentious senior employees who were listening to the conversation yet acting like they weren’t.

 

“ Yeah, Miss Kim even asked for Miss Lee for her lunch meeting starting the next day of her work. If they are not dating, I don’t know what is it anymore. “ Kim Sohye supported Somi’s argument.

 

“ It’s peaking hours yet dating rumors are all you talk about. “

 

“ Oh! Hello, Miss Kim. “ Kim Sejeong smirks at her employees. Being COO was fun especially if Chungha’s CEO. Sejeong almost deliberates attending work every day. Chungha just soaks it all.

 

“ I’m curious too. Miss Lee is pretty and if Chungie isn’t making a move, I will. “ Sejeong steals the bread Mina was about to reach and turned around to head to her friend’s office.

 

“ Ah! KIM SEJEONG! THAT’S MY BREAD! “

 

“ Here, have mine Mina. “ Nayoung, the senior manager quickly offers the COO’s secretary. With a laughing Sejeong fleeing.

 

True enough, rumors were true.

 

Sunmi was in Chungha’s office, typing and organizing work files for the CEO who was busy on the phone talking to their new investor.

 

Sejeong blinked thrice before making her presence known.

 

“ Uhm, Chungiee. “ Sejeong aegyos and usually, her long time friend would look up and attempt to puke at her shameless act but the girl just raised her hand in acknowledgement.

 

“ Miss Lee, its nice to see you today. “ Sejeong greets the secretary who bowed and smiled her way and resumed working in an instant.

 

Wow, workaholic like Chungha.

 

“ Chungiiieeeee. I have to tell you something. “ Sejeong approached Chungha’s leather seat and stood behind while draping her hands on the latter’s shoulders. Chungha hums, mindlessly answering to her friend’s sentence.

 

“ Hehe, I have to talk to you. Alone. You know about. “ Sejeong whispers the rest resulting in the bulging eye sockets of the CEO. Chungha coughs while glaring at what Sejeong had just said.

 

Sejeong sweetly smiles, and gestured her hands to ‘go on’.

 

“ Uhm, Unnie. Sejeong here will finish those for you. Mr. Jang had just confirmed some month meetings and visitations to the company sometime this month. And I know you just finished rescheduling my calendar but is it alright to insert this? “ Sunmi nods away with a smile in her face, bowing to the power duo before taking her leave. Chungha sighs, and forwards the email with events in question to her secretary.

 

“ Well, she finally is free. “ Chungha smacks her friend.

 

“ AISH! That hurts you know! “ Chungha ignores her and proceeds in checking some emails from other investors. Sejeong makes a sound twice, and decides to go for it.

 

“ Are you and Miss Lee dating? “ Key sounds were stopped. Chungha looks at her friend in disbelief. ‘wtf’ was her expression.

 

“ I mean, you can hear it around the office. The whole building for that fact. People kept talking that you guys were dating so I just had to know! I’m your best friend for all your life. I have to be the first to know who had the guts to date a workaholic and no-jam like you! Ow! “ Sejeong tried to dodge the painful smacks from Chungha.

 

“ Exactly! You are my best friend, and if you trust me don’t you think you would have known by now if I was in fact dating her? “ Sejeong pauses in thought, eyes up for a second and then proceeded to flash an apologetic smile.

 

“ I’m sorry, it’s just gossip and rumors around you guys seem real though. “ Head of Power Entertainment paused at that claim, it seem like it was getting to her now.

 

“ Is it that obvious? “

 

“ WHAT?! “ Chungha quickly shushes her annoying bestfriend if only she didn’t bring in such great talents and skills in her company she had bulldozed her out this instant.

 

“ YOU LIKE-“ CEO clamps Sejeong’s mouth shut in panic, as Sunmi walks in with her updated schedule for the year.

 

“ Miss Kim. “ Sunmi hands the file as she cautiously passes by the sight of the two friends, Chungha smiles in gratitude and waves her off. Sunmi takes her leave, “ Uh, Unnie go home early today. Sejeong and I will finish the rest so you can clock out in early afternoon. “ Sunmi thanks Chungha and bows once more then leaving.

 

“ Yah! If you can’t keep your mouth shut, I swear. “ Sejeong wipes , as she fixes herself in the seat next to Chungha. Scooting abit closer to her friend, she tugs her sleeve.

 

“ So, what you gonna do now? “ Sejeong nudges in, as Chungha messes up the fifth time in her signature.

 

“ Try finishing my job before killing you. “

 

The two worked all night, and its crazy to think that Sejeong actually likes this heavy duty labor. She missed the late nights and intensive paper work ever since Chungha involved herself quite actively in their external affairs making Sejeong’s time fairly available.

 

“ Yah, Kim Chungha. Next time, let me do all the work. You barely have time for yourself. Unload some to my office tomorrow, so that you can take Miss Lee out on a proper date. Ow! “ Sejeong really needs to check on her ribs. Chungha glares at her while organizing their completed work.

 

“ I told you. It is better off this way. If we get too involved, it will become more complicated. “ Ever since the company’s establishment, Chungha had to prove their existence a lot harder. Being recognized as an esteemed artist then CEO didn’t help Chungha’s credentials with other board members or potential investors. Being a woman in Korea essentially meant being twice as what men can do. The double standards and harsh conditions in the business and entertainment industry had intensified after the diversity that Kpop had brought to Korea. Chungha couldn’t afford her personal desires to blur the position she earned and worked for.

 

She risked much and so did her employees.

 

She cannot be selfish now.

 

“ It will become complicated if you only wish for it to be. Think of it as a two way street. Many people go to a two street because they can go back and forth from and to their destination. Love is kinda like that Chungie. You don’t get to say for sure that your relationship has a dead end. It’s always two ways, two people yet mutual understanding. Who knows? Maybe Miss Lee doesn’t want to date you at all? Okay stop with your punches man! “ Sejeong rubs her ribs once more as she glares down Chungha.

 

“ Or maybe she does. And yearns much more. You will never know unless you don’t take the first step. You have been way too single. Its time someone took care of you. “ Sejeong grabs the neatly piled folders and papers and carries them out of the door before stopping for a second.

 

“ Do it, Chungha. By any means, we can still get a new secretary if it doesn’t end well. “

 

Chungha wasn’t sure if she felt assured by that statement so she throws a plastic figurine on Sejeong who scurried her way out.

 

“ Ugh, stupid. “

 

Maybe, she should. Right now, she is having a lunch meeting with Mr. Do, an investor who just pledged last night after series of love calls and meetings.

 

It would be a nice and celebratory lunch ordeal if it weren’t the subtle for Mr. Do and unsubtly for Chungha, flirtatious banter of the two. It started with Mr. Do complimenting Sunmi and the CEO couldn’t stop him. That would be weird. And then escalated to their mutual interests and soon, Mr. Do’s out here sharing his life story.

 

Chungha’s just waiting to finish her steak before skyrocketing out of there. Is this the feeling of being a thirdwheel? Gosh.

 

“ Uhm, Miss Kim. I have to go now, I have another meeting with my board. I do appreciate this lunch with you and Miss Lee. I will call you for further more readings on our new contract. Thank you and I look forward working with you fine ladies. Have a great day. “ Okay, the last sentences were definitely aimed at her secretary who looked like she was only politely agreeing to whatever this guy was spewing. Chungha releases a lip tight smile and bows to him.

 

“ Finish your food first Miss Lee. “

 

Sunmi looks at Chungha on the ride back to the company. She looked zoned out, unconsciously furrowing her eyebrows now and then. Sunmi wonders what has happened. Shouldn’t she be happy of this?

 

As they get off the secretary grabs the CEO’s hand and takes her to the bathroom.

 

“ What is wrong Chungha? “ Chungha softens at call. She couldn’t say she was jealous or anything because it wasn’t her right but she couldn’t help it as well. Sunmi grabs the entrepreneur’s hands.

 

“ Tell me, please. “

 

“ I like you. “

 

Silence followed after that.

 

“ I  like you Lee Sunmi. And I was very jealous by what had occurred during lunch so if you could excuse me. “ Chungha was about to leave and walk out but she was grabbed again by the same strong hand.

 

“ You’re just going to leave? Without hearing my response? “

 

“ I don’t need to hear it! I know you don’t like me back. “

 

“ And who said that? “ Now, Chungha was silent. Sunmi smirks and grabs her face coming in close barely leaving an inch of space.

 

“ I told you before right? The CEO’s my type. “ And they kiss.

 

Unlikely in the bathroom nevertheless, the pair didn’t mind. It was a simple peck but it was all Chungha needed for her sweet blossoming relationship.

 

They hear silent cheering and a bit of teasing in the stalls making the CEO redden at the fact that the employees were there to witness such scene but Sunmi remained unfazed. They move out of the bathroom, with hands interlocked as Sunmi shouts.

 

“ Yes! I am dating CEO Kim Chungha!” The confession led to an uproar with some yelling finally and Sejeong running in the hallways.

 

“ Yah you punk! You finally will get laid after so so long! OW! “

 

Sejeong’s back to inactivity as she slipped and fell while running.

 

Safe to say, no one’s talking why the secretary and CEO are locked up in the chief’s office.

 

It was for everyone’s sake.