New Chapter (Pt. 2)

Sweet Ordinary
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Part 2 is here, prepare for the ride ;)

“Mo Yeon… wait..” He managed to grab Mo Yeon’s hand when she tried to walk faster than him.

 

“Mo Yeon-ah please look at me jaeball..” 

He cupped her face and his heart broken when he saw her eyes already filled with tears.

 

“Hey..don’t cry..let’s talk about this..”

 

“ i don’t..i don’t think we can talk about this..not right now..” She tried to avoid his deep gaze.

 

“But i don’t want you to cry Mo Yeon.” He caressed her face.

 

“Just..just give me some time, okay? i’ll let you know once i’m ready.” She held his hands which were still on her face and lifted them away.

 

“Good night.” She didn’t give him a chance to reply because she just walked away and went inside her house.

 

Since Mr. Kim broke the news, Mo Yeon was silent, and Si Jin knew the fact that he had to leave Korea once he received that award was the reason why she was like that.

 

The walk from their campus to Mo Yeon’s house was full of silence, and once they got off the bus, Si Jin knew he couldn’t take it anymore.

He called her name and instead of replying she just walked faster, and he knew for sure that his girlfriend was so upset.

 

To say he was shocked by the news was an understatement, because never once in his life he would dream to be able to win that kind of competition, and Mr. Kim also didn’t tell him in details about it either, when he asked Si Jin to write an essay, he just said it’s for another competition between universities and he would take care of the rest. 

That was the reason why Si Jin was caught off guard by the scale of this competition in the first place.

 

He was happy when Mr. Kim told him that he won, where, who wouldn’t? But once he told him that he had to move thousands of miles away and for three or four years, he wasn’t sure about that award anymore.

 

Now he was torn between that once in a lifetime opportunities or his relationship with the love of his life.

 

 

 

It was somewhere around midnight when Mo Yeon felt she couldn’t cry anymore, or maybe she ran out of tears already. 

Yes she’s been crying for hours, she could feel her bedsheet was wet because of her tears.

She checked on her phone and she saw more than ten missed calls and messages all from one name, Yoo Si Jin.

She decided to open the latest one, it was from twenty minutes ago, so it means Si Jin hadn’t sleep yet.

 

From Yoo Si JIn

 

I love you, so much.

 

She closed her eyes again, she felt so down and disappointed, not to Si Jin but to herself.

She hated the fact that she was so sad when she knew Si Jin would be away for some years from her, she kept replying that it was for him to achieve his dreams, but still, she couldn’t find any happiness from that.

 

being away from Si Jin made her weak,

being away from Si Jin made her sad,

she knew she shouldn’t be like this,

she knew she should’ve been a proud and strong girlfriend,

but she couldn’t, and those thoughts made her angry at herself.

 

Because she hated the fact that she would be away from him.

 

She was about to get up to get something to drink when she felt someone sat on the other side of her bed, she suddenly remembered that she hadn’t locked her room and she turned her back, it was her father, still in his coat, since he just came home from the hospital.

 

“Appaa..” Mo Yeon greeted him weakly.

“Hi sweetheart.” Mo Yeon’s dad touched her cheek, he knew his daughter had been crying.

“Appaaaaaa….” Mo Yeon knew she couldn’t hide anything from her dad so she just hugged him and cried again.

“Hey..what happened?”

“Appa..Si..Si Jin…”

“Why? Did he do something to you? did he hurt you?”

“Annii appa, anniya..…”

 

She was sobbing and after that, once she could control her tears she told her dad everything Mr. Kang just stayed silent when he was listening to his daughter, once a while he squeezed her hand.

 

“So, you cry because you don’t want him to go?”

“No appa, i cry because i think i’m such a bad girlfriend.”

“Why do you think that way Mo Yeon-ah?”

“I mean, i should be happy and proud right now because Si Jin achieved such a great thing, but..but..” She sobbed again.

“But you’re affraid to be away from him, is it correct?”

“Ne appa..and i hate myself because of that.”

 

Mo Yeon’s dad gave her a sad smile.

 

“Have you talked to him about this?”

“Not yet appa, i even haven’t replied his messages..and calls..” She sighed.

“Then you should, both of you are adults, and Si Jin is a good guy, i believe both of you will solve the problem.”

“Mmmm..I will talk to him when i’m ready, maybe the day after tomorrow.”

“The day after tomorrow?”

“Ne appa, i don’t think i can go to my class with eyes like these.”

 

Mr. Kang chuckled when he saw his daughter rubbing her wet eyes.

 

“Just don’t make him wait too long, alright sweetheart?”

“arraaa, sometimes i wonder whether i’m your child or Si Jin..” Mo Yeon pouted.

 

Mr. Kang laughed and he felt relieved because by the way she replied him, he was sure that his daughter was feeling better.

 

“Okay, now you need to sleep, it’s already midnight now.”

“mmm, good night appa..and thank you.”

“You are welcome, sweetheart.”

 

 

Mr. Kang closed Mo Yeon’s room and walked downstairs to meet someone that’s been waiting for him in the living room.

That, someone, was Si Jin.

 

Because since Mo Yeon came inside her house, he didn’t go anywhere.

He waited outside her house for hours, one part of him badly wanted to follow her and talk to her right away, but another part told him to wait for the right time.

That’s why for hours he was just sat in front of her house, and that’s where Mr. Kang met him when he just got back from the hospital.

The older man was surprised when he saw his daughter’s boyfriend there. 

He asked Si Jin to come in, and the younger man just followed, since he also didn’t know what to do.

Si Jin had told him everything before he went to Mo Yeon’s room.

 

“She is okay.” He told him when Si Jin could feel his presence.

“is..is she still crying?” He hesitantly asked him.

“Yep she was crying, but she will get better.”

“I’m sorry Mr. Kang..”

“You don’t need to.”

“I mean i’m really sorry i can’t keep my promise, i..i promised you to not make her cry, but i’m sorry.”

“Hey young man, listen to me.” Mo Yeon’s dad guided Si Jin to sit down.

“As a father, of course i want her to be happy, and what i see is she is indeed happy with you, however, both of you are adults, and i know problems do happen in your relationship, i mean look at me, i’ve been marrying Mo Yeon’s mom for almost thirty years now and we are still fighting once in a while, maybe over food, sometimes over TV channels, but mostly over food.”

 

Si Jin smiled, Mo Yeon’s dad sure knew how to handle the situation.

 

“But, between those fights, both of us know that we are still in love with each other, and we trust each other in a way that at the end of the day we both of us can just laugh at the silliness that we did during our fight.”

 

Mo Yeon’s dad hold Si Jin’s shoulder.

 

“You are a good man,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter