IV

Tutor 101
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Mirae-ya!” Jinyoung called Mirae who was running to the basketball field, the usual place where they meet for Guanlin’s tutoring. Mirae bowed at Jinyoung and Guanlin and Guanlin looked at her. She showed up and looked pretty today. Guanlin admit that she’s pretty, but somehow, she looked prettier than usual today.

“How are you today oppa?” Mirae looked at Jinyoung. She threw her looks at Guanlin and smiled at her as well, “how are you Guanlin-ah?” She asked him.

“Are you sick?” Guanlin puckered his face looking at her, “why are you so nice today?”

“Nothing” Mirae smiled, “how’s your math? Do you have any difficulties?”

“If I don’t have, I won’t be here today” Guanlin answered with in a very cold way. And yet, she still smiled at her. it scares him even more. Mirae looked at Jinyoung and greeted him with a big smile on her face, “how are you today?”

“We’re excited to our performance at Mnet today” Jinyoung informed her, “I wish we can get another win”

“Of course you can sunbaenim!” Mirae laughed.

“Hey! Just call me oppa, I feel more comfortable” Jinyoung told her. Guanlin looked at them weirdly. ‘did something happened?’ he asked himself on what did he miss.

“Okay oppa!” Mirae made an ‘o’ sign in her hands. Both of them laughed and Guanlin needed to break the silence by pretending to cough. Mirae and Jinyoung looked at him and he finally got their attention.

“Mirae, my math”

“Oh yeah” Mirae opened her bag and gave Guanlin a paper full of question, “just work on this, and I’ll see it tomorrow”

“What? You’re not going to teach me anything today?”

“Well, I’m kinda late, I’m sorry, and I have quiz” Mirae looked at Jinyoung, “oppa, is it okay if I study and skip my tutor today?”

“Oh yeah sure! That makes sense” Jinyoung looked at Guanlin and Guanlin frowned.

“Hyung you should be on my side” Guanlin reminded him

“I’m on nobody’s side, she has a quiz, and she needs to study” Jinyoung looked at Guanlin, “maybe you can study here and so does she, so if you have question, you can ask her here”

“Nice idea!” Mirae high five Jinyoun’s hand. Guanlin found it REALLY WEIRD. He really wondered what did he miss. He grabbed a pencil from his bag and started to solve the math problem given by Mirae to him.

“Mirae-“

“Oppa! HAHAHAH”

Guanlin looked at Mirae and Jinyoung who were laughing about stuff. They looked really close right now. It was amazing. Amazingly weird.

“GUYS!” Guanlin looked at Mirae, “I thought you’re studying”

“I am, we’re just laughing over history fact” Mirae giggled.

“It was pretty funny” Jinyoung smiled.

“Mirae could you help me with this” Guanlin came closer to Mirae and she looked at his paper.

“Ah, you need to directly multiply those number” Mirae showed him his mistake, “you’ll find it later”

“I see” Guanlin sat next to her and tried to go back to his math. He was trying to concentrate but that concentration was broken by Jinyoung and Mirae’s giggle. “Guys” Guanlin remind them.

“Ah, sorry” Mirae smiled at him and read her book again. it was quiet for a while until Jinyoung started to praise her.

“Ahh you’re really smart Mirae-ya, I envy you”

“You just need to study a lot” Mirae smiled, “you’re also smart, the fact that you can keep up with the lesson at school and doing your idol sched at the same time? I’m impressed!”

“Thankyou!”

And they laughed again.

“I’ll just go, I think I’m late to class” Guanlin stand up and Jinyoung looked at him.

“But it’s still 7:00”

“Yeah but you guys are giggling all the time, it annoys me” Guanlin groaned, “I’ll just finish this during my free time”

“Okay” Mirae nodded, “you got A anyway on your last test right? Just a little bit more until you can reach A+”

Guanlin remembered. He got A on last test. And if he got A+, his tutoring will be done. And Mirae will walk away from him and the rest of Wanna One member.

Walking away from Jinyoung as well.

“Y-yeah” Guanlin looked down for a while and after that looked at Mirae. He could not believe he’s that close on finishing his tutor time with Mirae. “I’ll go ahead”

“Take care Guanlin-ah!” Jinyoung looked at Guanlin walking away and he looked at Jinyoung who was still laughing with Mirae on the side of the field.

 

He could not lie and hide it anymore. He’s really annoyed by that.

 

***

 

 

Lai Guanlin: what about no 2?

Ha Mi Rae: Wrong formula. Look at the question again

Lai Guanlin: I don’t think so. I checked it twice

Ha Mi Rae: I checked it three times then

Lai Guanlin: oh God why can’t you believe me? I checked it 3 times

Ha Mi Rae: Really?

Ha Mi Rae: I can’t believe you because of course, you’re wrong

Lai Guanlin: I checked it for the fourth time.

Lai Guanlin: Help me with the counting please

Ha Mi Rae: Cross Count it. You’ll find the answer.

Ha Mi Rae: Where are you?”

Lai Guanlin: dorm.

Ha Mi Rae: Is Jinyoung oppa there with you?

Lai Guanlin: why?

Ha Mi Rae: just asking.

Lai Guanlin: you’re so obvious. He’s here.

 

“Optimus Hwang” Guanlin called Minhyun by his instagram name. Minhyun looked at Guanlin and frowned. “What did you just call me?” Minhyun asked.

“Can’t I call you that?” Guanlin asked for permission.

“You can, but you sound suspicious” Minhyun laughed. It’s Thursday and they were just about to sleep since their schedule with Mnet is pretty much done. “Whats up?” he asked him.

“I think, I just think” Guanlin looked at Minhyun, “I think Mirae really likes Jinyoung hyung”

“Really?” Minhyun looked at Guanlin with interest now, “how do you know?”

“Well, isn’t that suspicious that she’s only nice to him, and not even smile to me and Daehwi?” Guanlin stated a fact, “and isn’t that weird that she only calls Jinyoung with Sunbae, and even oppa sometimes”

“Well-“

“And! He stares at hyung a lot” Guanlin cut Minhyun.

Minhyun looked at Guanlin and squinted his eyes a little bit, “how do you know all of this?”

“Well, I observe a lot of things”

“No you don’t”

“Well if I don’t observe a lot, I would not talk this good in Korean” Guanlin looked serious at Minhyun. Deep down inside, Minhyun knows that Guanlin is right. He does observe a lot.

“Well, so what if she likes him? Jinyoung is a nice guy,” Minhyun smiled, “are you bothered by that?”

“No” Guanlin denied as fast as he can. Minhyun laughed and went back to his phone. Guanlin checked his phone again and looked at Mirae’s text.

 

Lai Guanlin: you’re so obvious. He’s here.

Ha Mi Rae: I figured

Lai Guanlin: Just text him

Ha Mi Rae: I did

 

Guanlin groaned. He ran to Jinyoung’s room and found Jinyoung who was busy playing with Daehwi. Guanlin ran to Jinyoung’s face and showed Jinyoung his phone, “Just text Mirae, will you?”

Jinyoung looked at Guanlin’s phone and laughed at Guanlin. “Okay I will, why are you so annoyed?” Jinyoung and Daewhi laughed and Guanlin looked pissed.

“Don’t make me your owl, and text each other please?” Guanlin got annoyed and ran to his room. He’s really sure that Mirae likes Jinyoung, and he hates it. Mirae is his tutor, and why is he falling for Jinyoung instead of him? Why would she choose Jinyoung over him?

“Aish” He grumbled and throw himself to bed. He didn’t like it, but it seems like both of them are so infatuated to each other. He just has no idea on what he should do.

And he has no idea on what kind of feeling he has right now.

 

***

 

Mirae laughed at her own text. He was texting Jinyoung and made a lot of joke with him. Jinyoung has become someone she could count on these days, she feel like she could tell him a lot of things.

 

Ha Mi Rae: Yeah she was furious

Baejin: I should’ve seen her face when she looked like that.

Baejin: Soojeong looked funny whenever she looked at me

Baejin: she looks like she’s gonna die

Ha Mi Rae: she does look like that. I wonder if she found out we’re going to amusem

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter