III

Tutor 101
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Mirae walked through her class and sat on her usual spot. She just finished her lunch and she has time to study a little bit. She opened her English book and read some of it for a while, until Yoreum approached her and sat next to her. "Mirae-ya" Yoreum called her, "why is everyone staring at you?"

"What?" Mirae looked at Yoreum and lookee at the whole class. They looked at her weirdly, especially the girls who seemed to be talking about her. "Are they okay?" Mirae asked Yoreum.

"I'm not sure! Did you do something?" Yoreum asked.

"I don't know, I don't think so" Mirae replied and went back to her book.

 

 

 

"Yo! Ha Mirae!"

Mirae heard her name called and she looked for the source of the voice. She looked in front and saw one of the fiercest girl at school, Bae Inna. She's beautiful and fierce, even Mirae is scared of her. "I need you to come with me"

Mirae decided to approach her, “why should I follow you?” she asked her.

“Because Jinyoungie is looking for you” Inna whispered. Mirae looked around and saw so many people were looking at them. Obviously, they were curious on Mirae’s conversation with Inna. “I don’t know why, but just go to the back building”

“N-ne. Kamsahamnida” Mirae bowed to Inna and ran outside to the back of the school building. She arrived at the back of the building and saw Jinyoung practicing steps at some point. “Sunbaenim” She called him and tried to get closer to him until he finally noticed her.

“Oh! You’re here!” Jinyoung stopped moving and greeted her, “annyeong! Mirae-ya!”

“Are we passing that point already?” Mirae asked him.

“I want to, but I don’t know about you” Jinyoung rubbed his head and Mirae smiled. Jinyoung was being awkward and honest. She liked it.

“Okay” Mirae smiled.

“How are you?” Jinyoung asked her.

“Not sure, everyone has been staring at me weirdly, and I just found that out less than 10 minutes ago” Mirae looked at him.

“Yeah that’s what I want to talk to you about” Jinyoung started to sound serious. He looked at her and they were looking at each other intense, “apparently, some girls saw you hanging out with me and Guanlin a while ago at the basketball court” Jhe informed her without breaking the eye contact.

“Really? Ah I see: Mirae looked down a little bit. She doesn’t really mind since that’s the conseqeunces ofher job, the reason why she looked down is because Jiyoung has been staring at her for too long. Honestly, she needs to stop the staring contest before she’s running out of air.

“Are you okay with that?” Jinyoung asked her.

“Yeah, that’s the consequences of my job, obviously” Mirae nodded.

“I see’ Jinyoung smiled again. Mirae could feel her hear melts because of that smiled. She’s very sure that she needs that dose of smile more. Jinyoung sat on the ground and looked at Mirae, “Mirae-ya, you should sit”

“Why should I?”

“Because I’m sitting and I couldn’t talk to you by looking up to you like this” Jinyoung gave his reason, “and we still need to talk”

“About?” Mirae could feel her heart was being really uneasy. Jinyoung is really cute she could not control herself.

“Guanlin” Jinyoung reached out to her hand and pulled her down until she sit next to him. she sat next to him and waited for him to talk again, “how’s Guanlin?” he asked.

“Fine” She answered, “he just need to memorize some formula and count better, she’s wreckless sometimes”

“I know” Jinyoung laughed, “he does the same thing whenever he rap, sometimes when we practice, he pronounce some words wrong”

“Funny guy” Mirae smiled, “how about you? Why are you at school?”

“Why shouldn’t I be at school?” Jinyoung looked curious.

“No, I don’t mean like that, I mean, aren’t you busy?” Mirae explained more about her question.

“I am, but I’m also underage, so studying is important” Jinyoung laughed, “and I know, you’re busy too. You have 2 jobs”

“4”

“WHAT?!” Jinyoung screamed a little bit and widened his eyes looking at her, “you’re joking”

“Ice cream cafe, academy, coffee shop, and this,” Mirae enumerate all of her jobs, “see? 4” she showed everything to Jinyoung with her finger.

“Why? you’re only a first year” Jinyoung looked at her seriously, “is it for school?”

“Yeah, I’m saving up for college”

“What? It’s still 2 years away”

“But I want to study abroad, and it needs so much money” Mirae gave Jinyoung all reasons why she work so hard this whole time, “and I don’t really believe in scholarship, I don’t want to depend on that, using my own money is better”

“I see,” Jinyoung looked at her. He never thought that there’s actually someoneout there that think of college that high and really pursuing their studies. Now, he’s just determined to study even more.

KRIIING!

“Oh! That’s the bell” Mirae stand up and looked at Jinyoung who was still sitting on the ground, “it’s nice to know you sunbae”

“It’s a pleasure to know you as well” Jinyoung smiled and stand up as well, “I will not enter my class since I need to get ready for my schedule now. But..”

“But?”

“But if you need a place to study with Guanlin, we can pick you up anytime,” Jinyoung gave her an option, “so things like this morning won’t happen again. It will be undercover”

“I see” Mirae smiled, “I tried my best to tutor him in the most convenint way”

“Sure” Jinyoung nodded. He handed Mirae his phone, “put your number there”

“Eh?”

“Well, I need to contact you if ever you need a ride to our dorm”

“Uh..yeah” Mirae usually didn’t give her number like that to random people, but right now, she just gave it in to Jinyoung.

“Cool” Jinyoung smiled and walked away while Mirae walked to her class. She ran to her class since the teacher were probably there. When she walked in, her teacher was already standing in front and looking at her, “where have you been?” the teacher asked.

“Toilet” Mirae bowed and walked to her seat. Yoreum looked at her and frowned, “where have you been?” Yoreum asked.

“I went to see Jinyoung sunbae” Mirae answered in a very low voice and leave Yoreum who got really shock.

 

***

 

Guanlin looked at the paper once again. He’s pretty sure that he looked at it right. He actually got B-. He looked at his teacher and went to him, “are you sure I got B-?”

“Why? do you expect something higher than that?” The teacher asked him, “do you want me to re-check it for you?”

“Uh.. yeah please” Guanlin gave his test paper back. The teacher looked at his paper and put notes on his paper. He laughed. He knew he’s never that good on math, it’s immpossible that he’ll get B only after 1 tutor.

“Guanlin-ah, come here” The teacher called him, “I’m sorry, I was wrong. You got a B”

“WHAT?” Guanlin took his paper and looked at the paper once again. He really got a B. “What is this?” He whispered that unfortunately, was heard by his teacher.

“That’s you working hard” The teacher smiled at him, “work harder and you can pass math”

“Thankyou!” Guanlin bowed and he nodded. The class was done for that day and he was actually just waiting for the teacher to give him the test paper. He looked at the test paper once again. The best one so far. He walked out from his class and waited for the car to pick him up at cube building. While waiting, he kept looking at the test paper and make sure it’s not wrong. And it’s not.

After few minutes, the car showed up and he went inside of the car. The older members were already there except Jihoon, Daehwi, and Jinyoung.

“How’s your class?” Daniel smiled at Guanlin and he smiled as bright as sunshine.

“Ooh good things must happened this morning” Sungwoon smiled, “what happened?”

“I got B in math” Guanlin announced his good news to everyone. Their eyes were now locked on him.

“Are you sure they check it right?” Seongwoo asked Guanlin and he gave him his paper. Seongwoo and the others checked the paper and looked at him. “Are you a genius?”

“Maybe” Guanlin laughed.

“Or maybe, Mirae is very smart” Jisung looked at Guanlin, “she must teach you really well that you actually got a B”

Guanlin sighed. There. They’re now talking about Mirae again, “We should see her!” Woojin gave an idea and everyone agreed.

“We need to ask her first tho” Minhyun reminded everyone. The car was going to pick Jinyoung and they were ready to pick Jinyoung from his school. It didn’t take a long time to reach his school and they saw Jinyoung in front of the school waiting for them. He opened the door and smiled to everyone.

“Whoa uri Jinyoung has a bright smile as well today!” Jisung noticed, “what happened?”

“Nothing happened” Jinyoung smiled and sat on his chair.

“He probably met Mirae again” Guanlin made his guess.

“Whoa how do you know that?” Jinyoung widened his eyes looking at Guanlin and he also looked at Jinyoung. Everyone is now making a ‘o’ shape in their mouth.

“Oooh! Someone has a crush on Guanlin’s tutor” Daniel mock Jinyoung and looked at him, “is she that pretty?”

“No she’s not” Guanlin asnwered immediately.

“And I don’t have a crush on her” Jinyoung clarified, “I just, think she’s awesome”

“That’s a sign of having a crush” Minhyun and Jaehwan laughed, “we seriously need to see her”

“I don’t have a crush on her in that manner, she’s just... very hardworking” Jinyoung tried o explain, “probably more hardworking than all of us here”

“What? No one is more hardworking than us who only have 3 hours of sleep everyday” Daniel got offended.

“I know hyung, but she has 4 jobs just so she can paid for her own college tuition” Jinyoung gave information and everyone’s eyes looked like it’s going to popped out really soon.

“You’re kidding, right?” Minhyun looked at Jinyoung and he shook his head. Guanlin were also shock. He never thought that Mirae was really hardworking because of her study. He’s not even that diligent when it comes to education, but there she was, looking for her own money just so she can study.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter