Chapter 3

Unrequited

Author notes:

Actually, this chapter is from one of my one-shot stories, anything for you. 

I just amend and add a bit of "salt and pepper" to suit the story content.

Enjoy!

=)


Chapter 3

Seungri often wondered, how a broken heart could continue beating. There were moments when, he just wanted to close himself off to the world.

Maybe it was a sign of just how broken he was.

Seungri took a deep breath and closed his eyes at the pain. A broken heart may continue to beat, but it hurts.

It was as if his heart was giving up.

With a sigh, Seungri adjusted the cuffs on his dress shirt as he slowly moved to the window, pushing the curtain aside while he stared out at the night, admiring the city lights in Japan.

Seungri wondered if G Dragon was looking at the city lights somewhere, if he was thinking about him at all or if he was too busy with his music and fashion business.

A sudden breeze blew through his window, sending chills that ran through his body. Every fibre of his body commanded him to get away from the window, but he remained rooted, feeling the frigid wind poked him like icy fingers and wrapped around him like a shawl woven from the snow itself.

Slowly, Seungri took out his phone, using his icy finger to scroll through whatever was showing in his social media feed until he came to a stop.

Seeing G Dragon trying to promote his brand, peaceminuone, through social media made Seungri shook his head as he leaned his body on the window sill. To be frank, Seungri feels that it was quite hilarious seeing G dragon and some of the people in YG Entertainment wearing an overpriced stationary like a piece of accessory.

What was interesting was, once peaceminuone was launched, Seungri found it so hard to believe that the overpriced piece of stationary could sell so well. It sells so well that people would resort to cheaper alternatives to imitate the brand.

But time is a funny thing. Things that once worked begin to lose their charm and Seungri knew that once the frenzy over the brand starts to dies out over time, it would be a challenge for his beloved leader.

That very thought could not stop Seungri from smiling slightly and saddened to some degree.

Some of his business ventures could be the very proof of how tough it is to survive in this cruel society.

He had miscounted how much of his time and sleepless nights was spent on his ramen shop and club businesses.

Oh! And not forgetting the number of masks his has to wear to socialize with his potential business partners.

Will G Dragon be able to cope?

A voice suddenly interrupted his train of thoughts.

"What are you up to? You're in your own little world again aren't you, Seungri?"

Putting his phone back to his pocket, Seungri turned to see the man that spoke.

“Manager hyung, do you have any idea how is G dragon hyung’s fashion business is doing?” Seungri greeted brightly.

Manager Hyung raised an eyebrow, watching Seungri in silence before he spoke.

“You are going to help your G Dragon hyung without him knowing again, aren’t you?”

Seungri’s smile dropped after being exposed by his true intentions.

 “I ….” Seungri trailed off.

Seungri could no longer make eye contact with manager hyung instead; he began to find the ground interesting and kept his gaze low.

Manager hyung drew his brows together, observing the person in front of him.

Even though the person standing in front of him was dressed neatly in a dress shirt and pants, his face however, was smeared with layers of foundation to cover his dark eye circles and eye bags.

It’s very obvious that news of G Dragon is getting married to Kiko is taking its toll on Seungri.

 “It is already a fact that G Dragon is getting married to Kiko.” Manager hyung begins to persuade Seungri in a soft voice.

“You need to move on…”

But, Seungri shakes his head in response as he wrapped his arms around his middle.

Seungri knew that he had to stop holding on, he had to let go in order to save himself from this pain and misery.

But, it was easier said than done.

"I know," Seungri whispered, afraid if he spoke any louder, he could break down right in front of his manager.

"That’s the only thing I can do for him…," Seungri continued quaveringly. “One last time….before I ….move on…One last time…I promise…”

Suddenly, Seungri felt his manager reached out and hugged him tightly, his arms as shields of comfort, a hug so warm yet so different than a motherly embrace, as if its telling him to cry his heart out.

In that embrace, Seungri’s walls of defence collapsed.

A single tear slid down from his warm, black eyes, followed by another one, and another one, until soon, a steady stream of salty tears flowed its way down his cheek, releasing the sadness and sorrow that has been held inside of him.