Chapter 2

Unrequited

Chapter 2

 

"Seungri?"

As Kiko waved her hand in front of his face, snapping Seungri back to reality.

Seungri offered Kiko an apologetic smile and shook his head softly. "Sorry, I got lost in my train of thoughts," he apologized.

Kiko dismissed his apology with a grin.

 "No problem. Sometimes, I talk too much."

Feeling nervous, Kiko fumbled with the proposal ring on her finger, the diamond catching the sun, creating a sparkling effect, sending a constant reminder to Seungri that G Dragon had succeed in his proposal.

“I just thought that it’s my duty as the fiancée of big bang’s leader to care for s if they are working in Japan. After all, it is tough to work in a foreign country away from family and friends…….”

Seungri wasn't paying attention to Kiko at all.

 All he could think about was how much he envied Kiko and the ring on her finger.

Thoughts of G Dragon now belongs to another, kept sending jolts of pain through his heart, as if lightning was striking him with every waking moment of this thought, slowly poisoning his veins in his body, killing him slowly from the inside out.

The distraction from the ring was turning out to be a disaster; no matter how hard Seungri tried.

For the past few months after his beloved hyung announced that he decided to propose to Kiko, Seungri decided to occupy his mind with other tasks, taking as many projects as his body could handle and expanding his businesses at a rapid rate.

Seungri hoped that by being a workaholic, it would take his mind off of things.

But, he was utterly wrong.

Seungri grabbed his cup of coffee. His grip on the cup handle was tight, his fingers quivering under the pressure. His black eyes stayed focus on the coffee, refusing to glance anywhere else.

Especially, that ring.

“When is the wedding?”

Seungri could hear his heart thundered in his ears as he asked, not knowing whether he wanted to hear the answer.

“Probably at the end of the year.” A twinkle of happiness formed in Kiko’s eyes before tugged into a smile.

The knowledge of knowing that the wedding will be held in less than a year caused Seungri's eyes to dart up from his cup of coffee.

He was not prepared to know that the wedding will be held in less than a year.

It’s too soon.

Typical celebrities wedding requires a lot of time to plan and prepare unless it’s a shotgun wedding.

Did G Dragon love Kiko so much that he wanted to make her his as soon as possible?

Or…is Kiko pregnant?

 “Why? It’s too soon, don’t you think so?”

Seungri asked as he felt blood began to pound in his veins, his heart hammering against his chest in painful repetition.

 Not knowing, Seungri decided, was far worse than knowing.

“G Dragon has been making plans to start his own fashion label.” Kiko said with smile tugging at her lips.

 “He thought that it would be good to focus more on his business after settling our marriage.”

Seungri heaved a sigh of relief, knowing that Kiko is not pregnant as he sat motionless for a moment, lost in thought at this new found knowledge.

G Dragon is talented in producing and performing. However, in terms of entrepreneurship skill, he indeed has a long way to go. 

Will he be alright?

Will G Dragon’s business be able to survive amongst its many fashion competitive competitors?

Seungri did not have the answers for these questions in his mind.

What he does know is that, he would eventually be helping G Dragon behind the scenes without his knowledge, during G Dragon’s business start-up period one way or another.

G Dragon’s happiness, that was all that mattered to him, he knew that.

Even if G Dragon was with someone else.

He wouldn't stop loving him.

Seungri then, turned his attention away from Kiko and looked out of the window at the blue, cloudless sky.

Seungri have resigned himself to the fact that G Dragon would have a life of his own and he would do the same.

One day, their paths would lead them in different directions and he would eventually have to watch over G Dragon from afar as he gradually moves on.

Maybe…that’s what unconditional love is all about.