Chapter 1

Unrequited

Chapter 1

 

G Dragon had been dating Kiko for a few months now, they were acting as any new couple would. Snogging at the most inappropriate times, talking to each other in the most annoying lovey-dovey voices, and hanging out together in one of YG Entertainment recording studios.

Seungri didn't expect it. He didn't even see it coming. He thought that both of them were over for good. After all, they had been in an on-off relationship for freaking 7 years.

Seungri could have laughed at the twist of fate if it wasn't because of the aching pain from the hole in his chest. His heart, he never knew that a guy could steal it away and leave him in so much pain.

Seungri acted like he didn't care. He acted as if he is very happy for G Dragon.

He went around with his socializing, laughing and drinking, happy that G Dragon and Kiko are together again. At least, that was what he kept telling himself, after meeting all his friends and subordinates, telling them how compatible Kiko and G Dragon are.

Both of them have a passion for fashion.

They look good together.

Their personalities suited each other perfectly.

Seungri kept lying.

The more he lied, the more he began to believe it.

“I am happy for G Dragon hyung…. Kiko and G Dragon hyung are destined to be together…”

Seungri kept repeating the words like a chant at the back of his head as he flashed another smile to any person he is with before ending another meaningless, forgettable night, with for an image of his beloved G Dragon hyung in his mind.

That same cycle repeats until one day, Seungri and the rest of the big bang members are hanging out in Tae Yang’s house.

"I have decided to propose to Kiko!” G Dragon announced during dinner.

Shock.

Stunned.

Confused.

A thousand different emotions flew across the room as everyone in the room exchange a quick look of surprise at G Dragon’s announcement before Tae Yang, TOP and Dae Sung started to give G Dragon signs of approval and encouragement.

On the other hand, Seungri’s heart seemed to have stopped upon hearing G Dragon’s announcement.

He couldn't believe what he had just heard.

Was that right?

G Dragon is going to propose to Kiko.

Seungri didn't even hear Tae Yang, TOP and Dae Sung giving G Dragon signs of approval and encouragement. He sat in his chair, taking deep breaths to clear his frazzled mind until he felt someone nudging him to reality.

Seungri looked around and noticed that G Dragon and the rest of the Big bang members are looking at him, with a smile on their faces, expecting Seungri to give his approval and encouragement.

“G Dragon hyung…” Seungri began. “Does that mean that it will be the end of Nyongtory?”

Seungri asked, his mind reeling back to the fear that he was going to get yelled at for even bringing an irrelevant topic up. But he pressed it anyways, set on getting an answer.

A long silence stretched out between the two of them.

Seungri waited for the waves of fury to come crashing down at him. Then a broad smile appeared on G Dragon’s face and he let out a heartfelt laugh.

“Seungri ah~~, Nyongtory have always been a fan service to keep our fans happy…..”

Seungri can’t be bothered to listen to the rest of G Dragon’s reply.

He never expected the word, fan service, could hurt him so much, it felt like a thousand knives had just pierced through his heart.

But, hearing G Dragon say it out loud made his heart sink. It caused his stomach to flip-flop and his tear ducts were battling with his will to not cry. He had dealt with unrequited love all of his life. 

Why was it so hard to hear G Dragon say those little words?

Seungri clearly knew that Nyongtory have always been a fan service.

Everything that Seungri and G Dragon did together are all for show.

The hugging, hand holdings, everything, are fake.

How about those moments they had off camera?

Are they fake too?

While Seungri tried to swallow the bitter lump in his throat but it would not stay down. He refused to blink his eyes, because if he did he knew the tears would spill out.

Seungri tried to reason with himself that all those moments he had with G Dragon off camera are what close friends would do. Just like any Korean guy friendships would be.

Seungri knew perfectly well that homose*uality will never be accepted in Korea. In addition, G Dragon is going to propose to Kiko. It’s impossible that G Dragon could feel the same way as he does.

Faking a smile, Seungri just nodded his head.

"How silly of me….” Seungri said almost breathlessly, trying his best to battle with all of the conflicting feelings inside.

“Good luck Hyung. I believe that you could succeed in your proposal…” Seungri’s heart ached as he spoke.

It doesn’t matter that nyongtory is just a fan service to keep fans happy.

He just wanted to be with his beloved hyung, no matter what that meant.

Or at least, that's what he told himself.

However, while Seungri turned his attention to the glass of wine he was holding, as if seeking solace in the red liquid, he failed to notice the subtle sad look in G Dragon’s eyes.