다섯

Patience
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Morning Joohyun, did you sleep well last night?" Seulgi said cheerfully as she approached Joohyun and Wendy. But she didn't receive any reply from her at all, which made the smile on her face falter slightly. "Joohyun?" She waited, but still there wasn't a reply. Joohyun only hugged onto Wendy's arm tighter as she munched on her biscuit. 

"Sorry about that, Seulgi. She was fine this morning so I don't know what's gotten her in such a mood." Wendy tries to explain. Seulgi shakes her head with an understanding smile. "It's okay." She looks over at Joohyun. "She'll be fine later." 

-

It turns out that Joohyun was really mad at Seulgi for not talking or paying attention to her the night before. So she practically continued to ignore Seulgi for the whole day. Joy sensed that something wasn't right with Joohyun and decided to talk to her about it when they had Korean lesson together. "What's up with you and Seulgi? You've been ignoring her haven't you?"

Joohyun crinkles her nose in confusion. She couldn't answer two questions at a time; it messes with her brain. "Can you ask one question at a time, Joy?" She fiddled with her pink colored pencil that Wendy got for her. Joy smiles and repeats. "Are you mad at Seulgi?"

"Yea." Joohyun huffed. Joy raised an eyebrow and nudged the older girl lightly. "What did she do?" It took Joohyun a while to realize that Joy asked a question before she shrugs her shoulders and twirls the end of her braid in between her fingers. "She was so busy talking with Nayeon yesterday that she didn't talk to me." She paused for a while. "Seulgi didn't even tell me my braids were pretty. Do you think it's because I.. I don't look pretty in braids? Or maybe she doesn't want to be my friend because I really want to be her friend-"

"Baechu quit rambling already." Joy puts a finger to Joohyun's mouth to shush her, and it works. The way she stared at Joy with her blank look made the taller girl chuckle. "Is that why you were mad all day? Because she sort of ignored you?" Joy laughed. 

Joohyun scratched her head and frowned. "Yes." 

"So all you wanted was her attention?" 

"Yes."

Ah... Joohyun you cutie. Joy thought to herself, then swung her arm around Joohyun's shoulder, though she ended up removing her arm when she felt Joohyun tense upon the skin contact. "So when are you going to forgive Seulgi?" Joy whispered, not wanting their grumpy Korean teacher to scold them for chit chatting during lesson. Joohyun started rocking back and forth; one of her stims she was used to doing. "I don't know. What do I say to her?"

"You don't have to say anything to her. Your braids look pretty today, and I bet she'll tell you that you look cute later." Joy motions to the two braids that Wendy helped Joohyun tie. She added a bow to the side again, but this time it was purple; in fact it was her favorite bow out of her whole collection. "Really? You think she'll tell me I look cute?" Joohyun giggled while fiddling with her braid nervously. 

"Of course baechu." Joy smiles warmly at the girl. 

Class ended and Joy accompanied Joohyun to her next class just in case those bullies were there to pick on her again. They didn't have anymore lessons together for the rest of that day though, which made Joohyun kind of sad. "I'll see you after school okay?" 

"Okay. Bye joy." Joohyun waves and gives the taller girl a hug before walking into the classroom. Once Joy made sure Joohyun was seated, she quickly ran off to her own class. 

Biology. Oh god did Joy hate that subject, but at least she had Seulgi to keep her company. Plus, she wanted to talk to her about something that she was planning. 

-

"Come in miss Park, and I don't want to see you late again alright?" The teacher said while writing down the parts of the nervous system with a piece of chalk onto the blackboard. Feeling extremely embarrassed, Joy quickly walked to her seat, trying to ignore the snickers coming from her other classmates. "Hey why were you late?" She felt Seulgi nudge her. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter