스물 넷

Patience
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Hey guys before y’all read this chapter I just wanted to say that I’ll be extremely busy and having two rounds of examinations which end mid November :( So updates will be really slow.. I hope you guys understand!!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A week of buying carnations, biscuits, and a lot of crying, exhausted Seulgi out. It wasn’t like she could just stay in the ICU and accompany Joohyun 24/7 because unlike Wendy who had a week off, Seulgi still had school to attend. And going to school meant having to do homework, study for tests, and pay attention in class or you’d be clueless in the next lesson.

 

“Oh Seulgi you’re here. How was school?” Joohyun’s mother asks with a soft smile, and Seulgi smiled back despite how tired she was. She nodded while placing her school bag down at the corner of the room. “It was alright.”

 

“That’s good. Oh the nurse came in earlier to change Joohyun’s drip and all those other stuff..” 

 

Seulgi nodded. Wendy was sleeping on the chair beside her mother, dark circles painting the skin under her eyes. It wasn’t just Wendy though, because upon taking a closer look, Joohyun’s parents and herself all looked as tired. 

 

She walked over to Joohyun’s bed and ran her fingers through the girl’s hair, gently sweeping loose strands to the side. “I’m here.” Seulgi bent down to press a kiss to Joohyun’s forehead, then with a sigh, she sat down on the hard plastic chair right behind her. 

 

Seulgi took Joohyun’s hand in hers and interwines their fingers gently, just like she’s been doing for the past one week. “Hyun-ah, Yeri and Joy had to stay back for supplementary classes so they told me to tell you that they’ll visit another day. Hopefully you’ll be awake by then.” The taller girl runs her thumb over Joohyun’s knuckles. 

 

“Sometimes I wonder if you can hear me.. but if you can, then please don’t give up. And most importantly,” Seulgi leaned closer to the girl’s ear. “I love you.” She smiled. 

 

“I didn’t buy flowers or biscuits today haha.. ran out of pocket money. Maybe next week hmm?” She chuckled to herself while imagining how Joohyun would probably be frowning if she was awake right now. 

 

If.

 

“Once you’re out of here, we should go on a date. It’s been a while.” Seulgi brought the girl’s hand up to her lips as she kissed her soft skin. She gave it a light squeeze, somehow expecting a reaction of some sort out of Joohyun, but sadly, nothing. “We can go get ice cream, biscuits, candy, anything you want.” Seulgi voice sounded tired. 

 

She missed everything about Joohyun. From her loud random comments, to ear piercing squeals, to her wide grins, to clinging onto Seulgi like a koala. Seulgi wasn’t sure about others but she sure as hell was having an extremely hard time dealing with all that was going on in her life. Joohyun’s in a coma, her uncle was still fighting with her family at home, school was stressing her out even more. 

 

“I miss you.. and–“ Before Seulgi could finish, the room door got pushed open, revealing Doctor Park and a nurse beside him. All of them in the room automatically stood up to greet him. “Hello. We’re just here to check on her, don’t worry.” He smiled slightly at them. 

 

Seulgi stood to the side, while they checked Joohyun’s blood pressure and jotted things down into the documents clipped to his clipboard. At one point he even flashed a light into Joohyun’s eyes. Once he was done, he turned to face all four of them. “Everything’s looking very good actually. She could be waking up any time now, but still it may take anywhere from a few days to about a week or two. We’ll see. I have taken her off one of the machine, because she seems strong enough to breathe on her own.”

 

Wendy’s jaw dropped, her previous tired looking eyes suddenly wide open as she stared at the doctor. “W- waking up? Any time?” Seulgi saw the girl grip onto her parents’ arms. The doctor nodded, flashing her a smile. Joohyun’s father seemed to have snapped out of his shocked state, going forward to hold onto Doctor Park’s arm and bowing repeatedly. “Thank you.. thank you for saving my daughter’s life.” 

 

“Your daughter’s a really strong girl, Mr Bae. I’m happy I got to help her.” With that, he bowed and took his leave. Once they were alone again, Joohyun’s father immediately got to the side of the bed and gave the girl a big hug, careful not to mess with any of the tubes still attached to her. He had tears streaming down his face, yet still looking like he was trying his best to hold it in and not get too emotional. “I’m so happy Joohyun... so incredibly happy.”

 

“Seulgi do you want to call your parents and tell them about this?” Joohyun’s mother placed a hand on the girl’s shoulder. Through her tear filled vision, she nodded. 

 

When Seulgi returned to the room after quickly making the call, she saw Wendy sitting on the chair beside the bed while talking to Joohyun. She hadn’t looked this alive since the accident happened. “I’ll buy you whatever you want when you wake up.” Wendy smiled, then looked up at Seulgi. “Want to talk to her?” She asked. 

 

“Yeah.. yeah I do.” She quickly used the back of her hands to wipe her tears away before taking a seat on the chair the Wendy had offered. “Hey baby, y- you’re breathing on your own now huh...” Seulgi caressed her girlfriend’s pale face then slowly broke out into a smile. It was the first genuine smile she had in a week. “I’m so proud of you.. Doctor Park was right. You’re strong.” 

 

Seulgi didn’t care if she was crying uncontrollably in front of Joohyun’s parents and Wendy. She was just... relieved. Almost like a huge weight had suddenly been lifted off her shoulders. “I’ll continue to be right here.. until you wake up. I promise.” She linked her pinky with Joohyun’s, then brought it up to seal it with a kiss. 

 

“I love you. I’ll never stop doing that.” Seulgi looked at Joohyun for a second, eyes skimming past the bruises and cuts on her arms and face. They weren’t that much better, but Seulgi was just happy that she was improving. Her gaze lingered at Joohyun’s closed eyelids for a while, as she gave the girl’s hand a light squeeze. “Let’s hope you open your eyes soon.. I miss them a lot.”

 

-

 

Seulgi couldn’t stop smiling to herself on her way home. She was planning to finally go home for the whole night instead of just going home to change clothes, get textbooks, and goin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter