스물

Patience
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

 

Happy April Fools :D

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

JOKINGGGGG you guys deserve an update hehe enjoy!!!

 

 

 

 

 

 

“I- is this nice? Do you think she’ll like it? Huh?” The girl pushed the item she was holding in her hands right into Wendy’s face. Joohyun had been freaking out for the whole night because she wanted to make sure everything was perfect for Seulgi and her’s anniversary the next day. “Hyun stop fretting. She’s going to love it.”

 

Joohyun nods. “Okay.. okay.” Wendy almost sighs in relief after seeing her sister calm down from her frenzy. But that didn’t last long. “E- eomma told me that she can’t help me make dinner for Seulgi and I tomorrow. W- what am I going to do? I was supposed to make it um romantic and- and-“ The girl whines, clearly stressed about a lot of things. 

 

The truth was, Seulgi had also secretly approached Wendy and told her about her plans for the next day. And Seulgi had begged Wendy to make sure that Joohyun was free for the whole day. So of course she had to convince her mother to coop up some lame excuse to not help Joohyun cook dinner. The two girls wouldn’t even be eating at home. Joohyun was still going to make Seulgi a gift though. 

 

“Joohyun listen to me.” Wendy stopped the girl from her mental breakdown. “You don’t have to worry about anything. Just enjoy your date with Seulgi tomorrow okay?” She caressed Joohyun’s cheeks lightly and flashed her a warm smile. The older girl sighed softly before nodding again. “Hmm..” She hummed. 

 

-

 

Joohyun couldn’t sleep for the whole night. Partially because of how anxious she was for the next day, partially because she was scared of the thunderstorm that was happening outside. She jumped and let out a whimper when the first crack of lightning rented the air. The weather was already warming up, and the snow was gone. But still, the thunderstorm had Joohyun shivering under her blankets. 

 

Joohyun jumped again when a loud noise rang through her room. This time it wasn’t the thunder. It was from her phone. She reached out to her bedside table and grabbed her phone with shaky hands to see who was calling. 

 

“H- hello?” Joohyun stuttered. 

 

“Joohyun, it’s me Seulgi.” Just hearing her voice made Joohyun almost break down into tears. “S- Seulgi, there’s a thunderstorm outside..” she whimpered. 

 

There was some shuffling going on before Seulgi spoke again. “I know baby. That’s why I called. To keep you company.” 

 

“Why aren’t you asleep yet?” Joohyun asked, trying to distract herself from the loud noises outside her room. She was huddled in a ball under her blanket, making sure every inch of her body was covered. “Couldn’t sleep. I’ve been thinking about you for the whole night.” Seulgi chuckled. 

 

Joohyun let out a sigh. She really wanted Seulgi with her, because without Seulgi, she probably couldn’t sleep as well. But it was as if Seulgi could read her girlfriend’s mind. “Don’t be sad princess. Besides I’ll be seeing you tomorrow in no time. And we have the whole day to ourselves to celebrate.” 

 

“Uhuh.. I can’t wait to see you Seulgi.” Seulgi smiles when she heard Joohyun say excitedly, almost like she forgot about the rain. Joohyun unwittingly let out a yawn as she found a comfortable spot to lie on. The rain seemed to be getting lighter since the pattering on her window was getting softer. “I can’t wait to see you too... can you believe it? We’ve been together for six months already..” Seulgi sighs with a smile plastered on her face. 

 

“The rain’s getting softer. Seems like it’s gonna stop soon.” She took a glance at her table clock. “It’s one twenty in the morning Hyun-ah... are you sure you’re not tired? You should sleep soon since I’m going to celebrate with you tomorrow. I don’t want you to be cranky and whatever. I’ll keep you company for a while more okay?” There was a pause. Seulgi frowned when all she heard was silence. “Joohyun?” She tried calling out. 

 

This time, she heard some shuffling and a soft snore come from the other side of the line. Joohyun had already fallen asleep while Seulgi was talking. Perhaps it was something about the taller girl’s voice; maybe it was so soothing that Joohyun fell asleep listening to her talk. Whatever it was, Seulgi was just glad that Joohyun finally got some rest. They were going to have a big day tomorrow. “Goodnight baby... I’ll see you tomorrow.” With that, Seulgi ended the call. 

 

-

 

The moment Joohyun heard the doorbell ring, she jumped off her bed and ran down the stairs as fast as her feet could go, almost tripping on her own feet at the last step. “S- Seulgi! Seulgi!” The girl unlocked the door and jumped into the latter’s embrace making her stumble backwards while chuckling. “Gosh Joohyun..” Seulgi pulled back from the rib-crushing hug and cupped her girlfriend’s cheeks. “Happy six month anniversary baby.” 

 

“Eung I love you..” Joohyun buried her head into Seulgi’s chest, the big grin still plastered on her face. When Seulgi looked in front, she smiled and bowed slightly at Joohyun’s parents and Wendy who was standing at the front door. “Good morning.” 

 

“Good morning to you too Seulgi, come on in!” Both girls were quickly ushered into the house, with Joohyun still clinging onto Seulgi’s arm with all her might. Wendy gave her sister’s shoulder a light nudge. “Joohyun you have something for Seulgi don’t you?” The girl nodded, then revealed a rather big jar that was decorated with hearts and purple glitter all over. 

 

Seulgi felt her eyes widen. The jar wasn’t the best looking or best decorated jar obviously, but she could tell Joohyun put in a lot of effort. Just as Seulgi was about to twist open the cover, she was stopped by Joohyun. “Don’t open yet. Only when you’re sad, angry, or if you miss me.” Joohyun explained. 

 

“Okay can I at least take a peek at the inside? Just a peek.” Seulgi tried to reason, and she smiled when Joohyun nodded again, then attempted to open the jar with her small hands. Something wasn’t right about Joohyun’s hands. Worried, Seulgi stopped her from moving while she inspected her hands. 

 

“Hyun where did you get all these paper cuts from?” She furrowed her eyebrows together, running her fingers gently over the tiny cuts on Joohyun’s hands. But Joohyun only smiled back like it was no big deal. “I- I was cutting and folding the paper so..” As much as Seulgi wanted to scold her for being so careless and not taking care of herself well, she couldn’t bear to make Joohyun sad. 

 

Besides, Joohyun already forgot about her paper cuts and kept nudging Seulgi to open up the jar. “Look.. inside.” She pointed at the jar. Seulgi twisted it open and a soft gasp escaped as soon as she did. There were tiny sized pieces of colorful paper rolled up and mixed with some confetti and hand folded stars. “Oh my god Hyun did you do all of this yourself?” Seulgi slowly dug her hand through the tiny rolled up notes in the jar, a smile spreading across her face. 

 

“U- uhuh..” Just as Seulgi was about to reach in and grab one, she got stopped by Joohyun herself, who had a frown plastered on her face. She shook her head firmly. “No.. you can only open one when you’re sad, or when you’re angry.” 

 

Seulgi was confused for a second, until she turned the jar around and saw the words written on the glass. It read ‘100 reasons why I love you’ i

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter