스물다섯

Patience
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: HII I FEEL LIKE I HAVENT UPDATED IN A VERY LONG TIME BUT IM BACK!!! Hope you guys haven’t forgotten the plot yet😂😂😂 enjoy :)

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Seulgi kept her promise, and bought a fresh bouquet of carnations the next day. She chose red carnations this time. “I hope your girlfriend wakes up soon.” The florist smiles at her warmly while handing her the flowers. “I hope so too. Thank you.” Seulgi bows before taking her leave and heading back up to the ICU. 

 

She was already bored of walking down the same dull, lifeless hospital hallways. But for Joohyun, she didn’t mind. Seulgi was so lost in her own thoughts that she almost got knocked off her feet when a bunch of nurses and two doctors accidentally brushed her shoulder while running past her. She frowned after realizing one of the doctors there was Joohyun’s doctor, Doctor Park. But in a split second, they turned the corner and were gone. 

 

Seulgi came to a halt. Something wasn’t right. She brisk walked over to the emergency lift and looked at the level where it had stopped. 

 

The third floor. Joohyun’s ICU. 

 

“.” Seulgi immediately broke out into a run towards the visitor’s lift, repeatedly slamming her hand on the up button. At the same time, her phone started ringing in the back of her jeans pocket. 

 

From Joohyun’s mother. 

 

Seulgi’s adrenaline floods her system like it's on an intravenous drip - right into her blood at full pelt. Her heart was about to explode and her eyes were wide, letting in every ounce of the fading hospital lights. Once the lift door opened, Seulgi ran out at full speed, heading towards where Joohyun’s ICU was located. Nearing the place, she saw a few nurses standing outside the ICU along with Joohyun’s parents and Wendy. 

 

“Seulgi.” Wendy called out to her in a shaky voice, tears streaming down her face. Seulgi came to a halt once she reached them. “What’s going on?” Seulgi’s words were rushed and her voice trembled as she talked. She didn’t even realize there were already tears flooding her eyes, completely blurring her vision. 

 

She turned to Joohyun’s parents. “W- what’s going on?” Seulgi repeated, her hand clutched tightly around the bouquet of red carnations she just bought. Joohyun’s father wiped his tears away and shook his head. “We don’t know.. her heart rate suddenly picked up and it was shooting up and down on the heart monitor. We were immediately asked to leave while the specialists all rushed in.” His voice cracked, but he tried to hide it by clearing his throat. Seulgi knew he was trying to be strong for his wife and daughter. “They haven’t told us what exactly is going on..” 

 

Wendy sniffled, “What if something happens-“

 

She couldn’t even finish her sentence before her father cut her off. “Your sister will be fine.” 

 

Seulgi ran her fingers through her hair and sighed. She didn’t know what to feel or what to do. Just a second ago she was holding onto Joohyun’s hand, telling her about how they were going to be together forever, but now she was inside that room-

 

Who knows what was even happening to her?

 

Seulgi could only pray that her girlfriend was fighting. She couldn’t live without Joohyun. Seulgi just couldn’t. Tears began to spill from her helpless eyes after she plopped down onto the hard hospital bench. Her back slumped lazily against the white walls. They could hear medical terms being thrown around from inside the ICU, but that sound was faint. So faint that it almost seemed peaceful from the outside. 

 

Seulgi didn’t know how long they were left hanging while they waited outside the room. But when the door opened abruptly, revealing Doctor Park, everyone crowded forward, hoping it was good news. 

 

And Seulgi swore that her heart almost fell from her chest, and she felt light headed when she heard the words “She’s awake.”

 

-

 

The doctor only allowed one person in at a time, so it wouldn’t intimidate Joohyun. Joohyun’s father was the first to get sent in. They told him to take his time and not ask her too many questions at the time being. With a deep sigh, Joohyun’s father slowly pushed open the ICU door and entered along with a nurse and Doctor Park. 

 

“Can you believe it?” 

 

Seulgi turned to her left, only to see Wendy glancing at her with teary eyes. “Hm?” Seulgi frowned. 

 

“Joohyun’s awake... She’s actually awake.” Wendy raised her hand up in front of her. “Look at how much my hand is shaking right now.” The two girls smiled at each other, then gave each other a tight hug. Everyone was still in so much shock, but were so relieved at the same time. It seemed like a miracle that Joohyun woke up. 

 

They waited outside on the hospital chairs for almost 30 minutes, before Joohyun’s father finally came out of the room. He was crying so hard. But this time it was happy tears. Seulgi wanted to barge into ther

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter