열하나

Patience
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


"Oh? You two are back home so early?" Seulgi's mother asked, letting both girls into the house and locking the door behind them. "Aigoo Joohyun-ah what happened to your knees?" She frowned, her motherly instincts kicking in. Not wasting anymore time, she ushered the shorter girl to the couch and grabbed the first aid kit. 

Joohyun was in her own world, playing with her fingers to even care about Seulgi's mother's worrying. Seulgi on the other hand simply took the first aid box from her mother's hands and shot her a soft smile. "Joohyun fell down just now. She's alright now though. I'll just clean her wounds then re-bandage them again." 

"Okay.. If you need any help just call me." Seulgi's mother gave Seulgi's shoulder a light pat before returning whatever she was doing previously. 

Once her mother was out of sight, Seulgi opened up the first aid box and got the antiseptic solution with some cotton balls. "Joohyun-ah." 

When there wasn't a reply, Seulgi called louder. "Joohyun-ah." The girl looked up. "I'm going to clean your knees alright?" Joohyun simply nodded and then went back to playing with her fingers. That made Seulgi smile as she removed the plasters and slowly cleaned the area. Joohyun was so cute. 

"Ow.." The girl whined, sitting up straighter and inspecting her knee. Seulgi distracted Joohyun from the sting by giving her a couple plasters and telling her to choose two of her favorite. That seemed to work because Joohyun was so engrossed in picking the plasters that she didn't even know Seulgi was cleaning her knees again. "This one." Joohyun said softly, pointing to a light pink plaster and a yellow smiley face plaster. 

Seulgi chuckled at how contrasting both the plasters were but still went with it anyways. Besides, Joohyun was the one that wanted those. The girl grinned when Seulgi finished pasting the plasters, and jumped into her embrace. "Woah what's got you so happy?" Seulgi laughed, hugging Joohyun back. 

What she didn't expect was Joohyun's reply. "You." Joohyun said with a wide smile, pulling away from the hug and holding onto Seulgi's hand. "Can we go up to your room?" 

"S- sure." Seulgi blinked, her cheeks burning from the blush. 

-

Seulgi spent the next hour or so playing games with Joohyun in her room, like charades, scissors paper stone, and word games. Joohyun was actually pretty smart, considering the fact that she said words Seulgi didn't even know existed during the word game, and obviously won. It was great having some personal time with Joohyun and doing carefree stuff together. 

"Elephant." 코끼리 [kokkiri]

Without hesitation, Joohyun blurted out. "Ribbon." 리본 [ribon]

Seulgi quickly thought of something else that started with 'bon' before she loses to Joohyun for the fifth time. "Home country!" 본국 [bonguk] 

They continued linking words and that went on for another five minutes until Seulgi started running out of words. Her brain was being fried. 

She did a victory dance at her comeback but that turned into a pout when Joohyun said another word. "Time!" 시간 [sigan]

Dammit why is she so good at games?

"Uh... uh.." To make things worse, Joohyun counted down from five to one loudly, which was clearly messing Seulgi's brain up. "Yah why are you counting so fast???"

"Soy sauce! Soy sauce!" 간장 [ganjang] 

At this point they were both shouting answers at each other. Joohyun thought for a second before shouting. "Rainy season!" 장마 [jangma]

Seulgi was going to say something else but - firstly, she was tired, secondly, she wanted to let Joohyun win, and thirdly, she knew this was going to go on for hours if she didn't pretend to lose. "Ah... you win. That was such a pity.." Seulgi faked a sigh but tried to make it sound real. She was guessing it worked because Joohyun didn't catch on and thought she really won. 

Cute. 

"Yay! Can I have another packet of biscuits then?" She squealed, her big glossy eyes looking straight into Seulgi's. The taller girl tried to resist, but failed, and ended up agreeing to let her eat her favorite biscuits. Who could possibly resist those big innocent eyes? Well, Seulgi couldn't. "Okay... but don't tell Wendy alright?" 

Joohyun grinned, placing a finger over . "Shh.." That made Seulgi smile, not like she already wasn't. 

-

"Hyun-ah, stay here and play alright? Seulgi and I are just going to go for a short walk." Wendy smiled as she caressed the back of her sister's head lightly. Joohyun didn't look up, she only nodded and continued to play with the snow on the floor. Wendy came to pick her sister up from Seulgi's house a while ago and brought both of them for a walk. Seulgi got scolded from Wendy for letting Joohyun run off and injure herself, but all was resolved when Joohyun kept telling Wendy it wasn't Seulgi's fault. 

She's too innocent for this world. 

"So... what'd you want to talk about?" Wendy walked with her hands in her pockets

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter