Patience
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Joohyun what's wrong?" 

"Nothing.."

"You sure? You've been huffing and puffing for the whole day. Come on, tell me what's bothering you." Wendy sat down beside her sister who was hugging Seulgi's bear on her bed. The girl had been gloomy and upset since morning and Wendy had no idea what or who sparked this tantrum. "Mm mm." Joohyun hummed, shaking her head while keeping shut. 

"Okay, if you say so. Do you want to follow me to go meet up with Seulgi and Yeri? They're going to introduce me to someone new." Joohyun slowly looked up from the stuffed bear she was fiddling with and nodded, making Wendy smile. She started braiding Joohyun's hair into two French braids, and stuck a dark blue ribbon to the side of it. Wendy knew Joohyun liked when she got her hair braided, so she thought that maybe it'd cheer her up a bit. Besides, Wendy was bringing her out that night so she didn't have to tie it again. "Thank you Wendy." 

Joohyun felt her sister pat her head and give her a peck to the cheek. "You're welcome." A ding from her phone interrupted them. Wendy looks at her phone for a second before turning back to Joohyun. "Seulgi says she'll come pick us up after dinner time, around 8pm." 

"Okay." The girl smiled into the soft furry bear. She was excited to see Seulgi again. Though Joohyun hated the fact that going out at eight at night would ruin her night schedule - bathing, watching tv, and sleeping at 9.30pm - she didn't mind sacrificing a little of her sleep time for Seulgi. "Do you think she'll like my hair?" Joohyun asks all of a sudden while sniffing the ends of her braids. 

Wendy smiles softly. "Of course she will." 

-

Joohyun was excited and everything was going well. That was until Seulgi introduced her friend to her and Wendy. "So this was the new friend I was talking about. Her name's Nayeon." 

That 'Nayeon' girl extended her hand for a handshake and Wendy gladly shook it. Joohyun on the other hand just ignored her, clinging tighter onto Wendy's arm. "So do you attend school at SOPA too?" Wendy asked, hoping Nayeon didn't mind too much that Joohyun didn't shake her hand. "Nope. I actually just came back from New Zealand for a holiday, and to meet up with Seulgi. We haven't seen each other in years."

"Ah, I see. Seulgi recently transferred into SOPA as well." Wendy says as all five of them walk down the streets of Hongdae. It was loud and crowded; something Joohyun wasn't comfortable with. She was scared. Wendy had unwittingly let go of her hand halfway through her conversation with Nayeon, causing Joohyun to get lost within the crowds. Thank God Yeri noticed and quickly held onto the girl's hand, pulling her close. "Joohyun-ah, hold my hand and stick close to me okay?" 

"Okay." She nodded, a sad expression plastered over her face as she looked further in front. Seulgi, Wendy, and Nayeon were chatting and laughing so much that it made Joohyun want to join as well. She wasn't fond of Nayeon at all. 

Nayeon was the one who got Joohyun grumpy all day in the first place. She saw Seulgi walk to school with Nayeon that morning, but when Joohyun was trying to point them out to Wendy, she got interrupted by her sister nudging her to board the bus. 

They were standing too close. 

That 'Nayeon' girl shouldn't be laughing with Seulgi. 

I want to chat with Seulgi too.. 

Joohyun decided that she didn't like Seulgi's new friend. "Why the glum face, baechu?" She hears Yeri ask. The girl shrugged lightly and shook her head. "Nothing." 

Was Seulgi going to stop talking with me because she has a new friend? 

But I don't want her to stop talking to me. 

Seulgi's nice.

"Are you hungry? I brought you some snacks." Yeri opens up her bag and brings out two packets of chips and candy. Joohyun shakes her head. There weren't any biscuits. Seulgi would've known that Joohyun wanted biscuits - that was only if she wasn't so occupied in talking with Nayeon. "Awh cheer up Joohyun, I get sad when you're upset too." Yeri tries to get a smile out of the girl, but to no avail. 

Seulgi hadn't even talked to Joohyun since they met that night, and it made her think that she shouldn't have agreed to follow Wendy in the first place. She fiddled with her fingers and bites down hard on her inner lip. Hongdae street was so crowded with people so it was only normal that it would be equally as noisy. Joohyun's ears were extremely sensitive to sounds - all sorts of sounds. 

A simple clinking of a teaspoon against a cup, turning of doorknobs, ticking of the clock; they were like alarms ringing in her ears. That's why she didn't like loud places. "Y- Yeri.." Joohyun mumbled with a frown, burying her head close to the other girl's arm. "Yes?" She felt a hand rub her forearm lightly. "I.. want to go home." 

"Oh.. uh I'll ask them if we can all head

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter