열여덟

Patience
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Y’’all my baby Yerim has finally graduated *wipes tears* and also it’s Seulgi’s birthday today *more dramatic wiping of my tears* THATS WHY YOU GUYS ARE GETTING AN UPDATE-

okay here we go lmao I’m so extra //slapped//

 

“So Joohyun, how was the performance today? It wasn’t that bad was it?” Wendy asks once they all meet for lunch. Seulgi glanced over at Joohyun and realized she wasn’t in the mood to talk about it. 

 

Yeri cuts in before Seulgi could even say anything. “What performance? Joohyun you had a performance today?” She slung her hand around Joohyun’s shoulder lazily, but her hand immediately got pushed off by Joohyun herself. Confused, Yeri quirked an eyebrow in Seulgi’s direction as if asking what happened but Seulgi just shook her head in return and mouthed the words ‘not now’. 

 

“I hate school.. I hate school.” Wendy only watched in concern as Joohyun angrily mumbled. She wiggles her hand out of Seulgi’s grip and decided to walk by herself without anyone disturbing her and asking her about the performance. 

 

Seulgi was equally as confused. After that meltdown in the toilet, Joohyun did seem grumpy but she did fine for the performance. It wasn’t like the class laughed at her or anything, and their music teacher even praised Joohyun for singing well. “Hyun-“

 

“Don’t touch me.” Joohyun mumbled when Seulgi tapped on her shoulder. The taller girl took that as a sign to not have any physical contact with her. She didn’t want Joohyun having another tantrum in the middle of the school hallway. “Okay, I won’t. But will you at least tell me why you’re so unhappy?” 

 

Joohyun shook her head with a frown. 

 

Seulgi sighed. “Okay.” She just left Joohyun to cool off, thinking it wasn’t a good idea to get her and herself frustrated over this. Wendy could probably feel the tension because she started walking beside Joohyun and having some kind of small talk with her. 

 

Their sister bond was so good Seulgi actually wanted to know how it felt like to have a sister herself. Seulgi almost rolled her eyes at the mere thought of how annoying her own brother was. 

 

Have fun being saved at “dammed brother” in my phone, idiot. Seulgi thought. 

 

“What’s up with Joohyun?” A rather painful nudge brings Seulgi back to reality and she groans before rubbing her arm. Of course it was Yeri who would’ve been this rough. “She had a crying fit in the toilet before our performance.” Seulgi sighed. “I don’t know why she’s so mad now though. I mean we performed together and she did well. A little mistakes here and there but no one in the class gave a .” 

 

Yeri shrugs her shoulders. “I guess she’s just angry with herself then. Joohyun doesn’t like messing up stuff.. so much that even the pens in her pencil case all face one direction.” She gave Seulgi a pat on the shoulder, but not without going on her tiptoes and whispering into Seulgi’s ear. “That performance must’ve meant a lot to her if she’s this upset about messing up.” Seulgi swore she saw Yeri smirk before walking over to the other side of the table and plopping down on the hard canteen bench. 

 

“Joohyun what do you want to eat?” Seulgi vaguely hears Wendy ask, while pretending to be busy with taking her wallet out of her bag. Joohyun emotionlessly shakes her head and sits down opposite Seulgi. “Not hungry.” 

 

Not satisfied with that answer, Wendy probes again. “You sure? They’re serving pasta today.” Wendy waits for a while more but even after all that asking, Joohyun still refused to eat. She eventually gave up and went to buy a meal for herself, leaving Seulgi alone at the table with a grumpy Joohyun. 

 

“Hyun-ah..” 

 

The girl looked up hesitantly at Seulgi. 

 

“Are you upset because of our performance earlier?” Seulgi noticed how Joohyun pretended to play with her fingers, like she was in her own word. Joohyun bit on her lower lip before nodding, making Seulgi furrow her eyebrows. “Why? You did well..” Seulgi trailed off.

 

“I messed up some parts and I really wanted to do well, but I- I just couldn’t do it properly and I embarrassed myself in front of the class- I’m so sad Seulgi I wanted to do a good job-“

 

“Hey.” Seulgi interrupted Joohyun mid sentence, or rather mid ramble. It was cute how she got all rambly while trying to explain herself, but no, Seulgi didn’t want her to break down and cry again because of overthinking. “You did so good I was actually surprised.” Seulgi gave her a soft smile. “Hell I just want to shout it out to the whole school that my girlfriend is the best singer ever.” They both chuckle. 

 

“Y- you think so? Because I really wanted to do a good job and perform without stuttering and-“

 

“You’re rambling again baechu..” 

 

Joohyun scratches her neck. “S- sorry.” She apologizes, and Seulgi shakes her head as if telling her there was nothing to be sorry about. Somehow that made Joohyun feel all warm and fidgety again. Because she was always appreciative of Seulgi being patient with her. Joohyun knew she was difficult at times. 

 

“Now promise me you won’t be upset anymore?” Seulgi stuck her pinky finger out towards Joohyun and the girl gladly wrapped her little pinky around it. She nodded with a grin. “I promise.” 

 

A plate of food was placed down beside them. “Love birds.” Yeri said with an eye roll, stuffing a gimbap in . “I’m not a bird, I’m a human.” Joohyun retorted, making Yeri spit out the contents in straight onto Seulgi’s face, choking on some grains of rice. 

 

“What the hell Yeri?!” Seulgi disgu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter