열둘

Patience
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Joohyun frowned and scratched her side where the inner tag sewed into the dress was itching her. "Wendy?" She asked the girl who was currently tying her hair into braids. "Yes?"

"Why do I have to wear this dress? It's itchy." She tried her best to scratch her sides again. Wendy chuckled at how cute her sister was, then told her not to move around so much because she didn't want to mess up her braid. "Because you're going out with Seulgi tonight, and you need to be pretty." 

"But you said I'm always pretty." Joohyun pouted, and Wendy smiled in return, then finished off the braid with a pastel pink hair tie and bow. "Of course you are.. but tonight is a special night, so I want you to look even prettier."

Joohyun was so confused. Wasn't it just another dinner that Seulgi was treating her to? If she had to dress up like this every single time Seulgi took her out for lunch or dinner, then doesn't it mean that she'd have to wear fancy clothes every time? Joohyun nodded her head though she was still slightly confused. "Okay." Wendy was always right, so Joohyun trusted her. 

"All done. Go show eomma and appa how you look." Wendy encouraged, lightly tugging on Joohyun's hand to lead her downstairs. If there was anyone more excited about Seulgi bringing Joohyun out tonight than Wendy, it was their parents. They knew Seulgi was a good kid and so they had nothing to worry about; They were sure she'd treat Joohyun well. "Hi." Joohyun said, just standing there in the living room after getting her parents' attention. 

The couple practically had heart-eyed emojis as they admired how pretty Joohyun was dressed. "You're so pretty Hyun-ah.." Her father extended his arms for a hug and Joohyun gladly gave it to him. She smiled widely, nuzzling her cheek in the crook of his neck. "Enjoy tonight with Seulgi alright? Don't come back too late." She heard her mother say, and pulled away from the hug with her dad. "Okay." Joohyun grinned and practically got pulled into a hug from her mother. 

Joohyun's dad couldn't help but smile at the sight. He was glad that his wife really loved Joohyun as much as she did with Wendy. The doorbell rang, startling Joohyun slightly and making her jump. She didn't like that sound; Bells were noisy, especially to her sensitive ears. "Oh I guess that's Seulgi!" Wendy quickly went over to the door and opened it, revealing the said girl. 

"Good evening Mr and Mrs Bae," She bowed, then said a soft 'hi' to Wendy which she returned. "Hello Seulgi, welcome welcome! You look so beautiful honey-"

"Mom stop it.." Wendy cuts her mother off and sends her a glare. Seulgi laughs awkwardly and scratches the back of her neck, her cheeks were clearly burning red from the sudden compliment from Mrs Bae. "Hi Seulgi." Joohyun waves with a big smile. 

Oh my god how cute can she get? 

Seulgi smiled and waved back at her, trying her best not to faint from how cute and beautiful she looked at the same time. Her dress made her look ten times more pretty than she already was. It was a simple white floral printed dress, and it happened to match Seulgi's outfit as well. The taller girl was wearing a black skirt with a flower patterned top. 

They were probably idiots for wearing skirts and dresses, and not pants, because it was winter and they were going to be freezing. 

Oh well, too late to change now. 

Good thing both Joohyun and Seulgi had long coats that reached their knees, and good thing Seulgi brought a few heat packs in her bag. She didn't want Joohyun to get cold so she brought them. 

"Um.. should we.. go now?" Seulgi dragged on like she was unsure, glancing over at Joohyun's parents as if she was asking for their permission. "Of course! Seulgi, please don't bring Joohyun back home too late. She doesn't like it when her night routine gets messed up." Joohyun's father smiled, and Seulgi nodded. "Okay, I'll take note." 

Wendy quickly nudged Joohyun forward and placed her hand in Seulgi's. "Enough talking," she chuckles. "Joohyun, don't get lost okay? You have to hold Seulgi's hand." The girl nodded and moved closer to Seulgi, making the taller girl's heart flutter for a second there. 

"Bye bye.." Joohyun mumbled a soft goodbye to her family and so did Seulgi, then both of them were out of the door and on their way to the restaurant that Seulgi made reservations for. It wasn't a fancy restaurant, because she knew Joohyun wouldn't like that. They were going to their favorite Korean barbecue place near their school instead. "Seulgi, do I look pretty today?" The taller girl smiled at Joohyun's question. "Yeah, you're incredibly pretty today." 

"You like my braids?" 

"I love them."

-

Seulgi had to tell Joohyun to slow down because she was literally chugging food into . "Woah, slow down baechu. I don't want you choking on anything." She laughed. Joohyun nodded and listened to Seulgi, slowing down her pace but it was still pretty fast. Guess she was really hungry. 

They hadn't talked much since they left the house and to be honest it was kinda awkward. Not for Joohyun, but for Seulgi. She was so nervous about tonight, that she couldn't sleep for the past two nights. All she did was lay in bed and overthink about how she may accidentally scare Joohyun away, or be too awkward, or get rejected. Her thoughts were interrupted when she felt something tap on her hand. "Huh?" 

It was Joohyun. She used her chopsticks to put some meat and spicy rice cakes onto Seulgi's plate and smiled at her. "Eat." Was all she said, before she went back to stuffing her face with food. 

What a cutie... Seulgi mentally gawked over the other girl. 

"I don't eat chicken." She says out of the blue. Seulgi raised her eyebrows and took it as an opportunity to chat with Joohyun. The silence between them was really killing her. "Oh really? How come?" 

Joohyun crinkled her nose cutely. "Eomma used to cook chicken everyday for me. Then I had indiges..." she dragged her words, then paused for a while like she didn't know how to continue. 

"Indigestion?" 

The girl nodded. "Mhmm.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter