Stay

STAY (Jennie)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Okay everything’s prepared!” Namseok says as he claps his hand, proudly. He prepared a lunchbox. Of course, he would because it was their first date. He smiles looking the lunchbox. It was perfect.

He rushes to his room and dresses casually wearing denim pant and a black hoodie. He wears a cap and yet covers his face with mask. He jumps up and down of nervousness. He holds the lunch box and makes his way out. He goes to the parking lot to take his car. He opens the car and hops in, starting the engine as soon as possible.

Soon, he was in the road. He calls Jennie and puts it in speaker mode.

“Where are you?” Jennie says as soon as she picks up.

He laughs, “I’m coming. You’re already there?”

“Yeah, I’m waiting here for you. Come fast but don’t drive too fast.” Jennie says.

“What is that supposed to mean? Come fast but don’t drive too fast?” He laughs.

She chuckles, “What I mean is come fast but also drive slowly otherwise you’ll get hurt.”

“That really doesn’t make sense, Jen.” He says.

“I don’t care,” She says as usual.

He smiles, “Okay, I’ll hang up. I’ll be there soon.”

“I hate waiting!” She says and hangs up the phone.

“Dumb” Namseok says to the air and smiles. He was used to Jennie’s dumbness and sweetness too. It made him feel really special.

Jennie taps her foot impatiently in front of the cafe. She hated waiting. She came earlier than the time given. It was her fault for coming fast but she was just so nervous about it that she decided to come fast. Today, she looked really fresh and cute, of course. She wore jeans and off shoulder crop top. She also wore a black cap and mask to cover her face.

A black car stops in front of her which makes her jump. Namseok steps out from the car and looks Jennie standing still which makes him smile widely. Hopefully, he had the masks on.

“You’re late.” Jennie says as she locks her eyes with him.

Namseok walks towards her and opens his arms widely, “You promised me a hug.”

Jennie blushes at his statement as she looks somewhere else. Keeping the promise, she slowly leans forward and embraces him softly. She then realized how big his back was. He wraps his hands around her waist and breathes in her sweet scent. Indeed, it was love.

Jennie taps his shoulder, “L-Let’s go.”

Soon, they were inside the car driving to their destination. Jennie glances over Namseok as he drives slowly and carefully.

“How was your day yesterday?” Namseok asks.

“It was good. We ate Thai food yesterday because Lisa insisted. She misses her home so much. Chaeyoung and Lisa were crying together.”

“Why were they crying?”

“We talked about our trainee days and our debut success. It was tears of happiness.” Jennie says showing her gummy smile.

Namseok smiles and stares at her. Jennie avoids his eye because it was making her heart beat stronger.

“Look in front, Nam!” Jennie says avoiding his eye.

Namseok laughs and does as she says. Jennie sees a sign board saying the town’s name.

“It’s your hometown,” Jennie says slowly.

“Yeah, it’s our hometown,” He says as he goes a little faster.

“What did your manager say about today?” He adds up.

“I told manager unnie that I’ll be with my friends the whole day. She insisted our manager oppa to tag along with me. I don’t know how but Jisoo unnie said something to them that made them let me free.” Jennie says, still wondering about it. She promised herself to ask Jisoo about it.

“She’s really cool. I guess she said something unreasonable.” He said chuckling.

Jennie smiles, “That can be true. I guess she lied.”

“Probably,” He says.

The car comes to a halt. Jennie comes out and looks around her surroundings. There were few small houses and few people. Far away there was the beach.

“Wow, we can go to the beach.” Jennie says happily.

“We’ll go there later. Now, we’ll go to my old house.” Namseok says.

“You guys still own it?”

“Yeah, it’s in my dad’s name. Particularly, no one lives there but we send people to clean the house once in a while. I stay there when I’m really tired.” Namseok says.

“That’s really good!” Jennie says with ‘awe’. Namseok smiles as well and holds Jennie’s fragile hand.

“Let’s go.” He says as he swings their intertwined hands. Jennie blushes and follows him silently.

“You know, many people won’t recognize us here so we can take our masks off, if you want to?” Namseok asks.

Jennie shakes her head, “Probably not a good idea. Anyth

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter