Chapter 6

In secret kept, in silence sealed

After hobi's party, tae made a desicion! He thought about jin & himself, and he didn't want to lose anymore time. So his grand plan was to ask jin out, & hopefully everything would work out and he can ask jin to be his boyfriend, (secretly of course).
So he talked to hobi and got some new information about jin's private life. He found out that jin worked part time in the flower shop across the campus, he adopted a dog, & he was still living with his parents and he was single. Hobi told him that jin wasn't comfortable to date becauase of his fear of exposure. That made tae happy and sad at the same time. Happy cause, since he did not date anyone throughout these 3 years, he didn't want jin to date anyone either. Sad cause that fear was worsen by tae in highschool, but tae was gonna make things right!
So on a quiet saturday morning, tae left his apartment to go to the flower shop. When he got in the shop, no one was in sight. So he wandered around and picked a bunch of white lilies, and went to search for jin in the storage room. He found jin wearing a pink apron, grabbing a bunch of pink roses while humming a love song. Tae leaned on the doorway and looked at him with fondness. When jin finally looked at tae's direction, he got startled and droped the roses. Tae went to help him collect the roses, & when their hands touched, they locked eyes
Tae: hey
They kept staring at eachother for a while till jin blinked and answered
Jin: hi
Tae broke the eye contact & said
Tae: I really wanted to see you, I need to talk to you
Jin who had a blush on his cheeks already, responded
Jin: oh, ok, just let me put these roses out in their vase
Tae followed jin out and waited next to the counter
Jin was done putting the flowers in the vase & not ready to face tae.
He remebered hobi's party in a haze, but he clearly remembered how they kissed so many times that night, it was like they were trying to compensate for the lost time.
He also remembered how bad he wanted to be with tae that night, & the REJECTION! That was the worst part, he was trying so hard to avoid tae & after a few shots, a drunk jin gave in so eagerly! So he was feeling so shy to encounter tae.
Jin: so, uhhhm, what is it, tae?
Tea: well, it's not that easy to say, but you see jin, I'm here to tell you that I missed you!
Jin lowered his shy gaze at the lilies!
Tae: & I wanna ask you out cause I missed you! A lot!
Jin looked up with wide eyes! He was happy internally cause tae still wanted him, but sober jin was back and he was afraid!
Jin: tae, what I did at hobi's party, was very irresponsible, I was drunk & didn't understand what I was saying or what I was doing! So I'm sorry if I gave you mixed signals, but . . .
Jin stoped mid sentence
Jin: I just don't want to start any drama! I know that you didn't spread the rumor and all that! But I think I just don't wanna do anything stupid to embarass myself or my family!
Tae: so you're saying . . . Your answer is no?
Jin nodded
Tae: I know you're lying! I know you missed this too! I just don't know why you keep pushing me back?
Jin: what if something goes wrong! You know how people would react if they realize . . .
Tae: forget them! Forget what they think and what they say!
Jin: I can't! The society is a huge part of our lives!
Tae looked at him with a defeated look on his face, as much as he wanted jin, he couldn't force himself to jin.
So he paid for the lilies in silence and left the store.
After 15 minutes, a little boy came into the shop with lilies in hand and gave them to jin, telling him that a handsome boy asked him to give these to jin.
There was a note in the lilies from tae
"This love is not over, not for me & not for you"
Jin held the flowers close to his heart & looked at the note, & he knows that tae is right, but he is not the fighter in life! He never has been.

 

The cold winter passes slowly and both tae and jin think about eachother more than anytime. Tae knows that he wants jin to fall in love with him & he's not gonna give up that easily! He likes to think he is a fighter in life, so he will fight for jin! He signs up for a culinary class, he asks hobi for help, & by his help he chooses the exact class that jin signed up for, in hopes of getting closer to him and also improving his cooking skills! He thinks maybe with an improved cook, he might find a way back to jin's heart!
So on the first day of the new semester, he puts his most stylish clothes on, in order to make the best impression! And he does, when he enters the culinary class, jin looks at him in disbelief! What is tae doing in his class!
Tae chooses the empty seat next to jin, and sits next to him while giving him a big smile
Tae: what a coincidence hyung! We're in the same class!
Jin: yes! I'm surprised to see you here!
Tae: well, I'm a terrible cook! So I realized cooking is actually a form of art! So I decided to sign up for a culinary course!
Jin: well, did you bring an apron for yourself?
Tae: uhm, no, I didn't know it was necessary!
Jin: I'll let you use my apron today, since you look very good!
Tae looked at him with a smirk, he had succeded! Jin just realized what he said and tried to cover it up
Jin: I meant your clothes! They look very good!  It'll be a huge waste if they get dirty!
The rest of the day was a mess! Tae literally didn't have any clue on what he was doing! But he was enjoying jin's presence and how he tried to help tae the whole time!

After a few sessions, tae started to feel he was falling in love with jin more than jin falling in love with him!
Well, tae was wrong! Jin was falling more in love with tae too! He couldn't help it! He saw all of tae's struggles in the cooking class! But he loved that he never stopped trying! And tae's actions got more valuable to jin, when hobi accidentaly told him that he helped tae choose the same class as jin so he can get closer to jin!
One day when they were about to go home tae asked him
Tae: hyung! You never gave me the recipe for that dessert you made that night at hobi's party! I've been craving it so much!
Jin: oh! I will! I can make some for you!
Tae: that's so nice of you! Would you serve it for me as well? With a kiss?
& he kept staring at jin's lips!
Jin: you ert! I was trying to be nice!
And he left their class with a blush on his face! Tae really was shameless!

Tae ran after him while taking off his apron

Tae: well, wait jin hyung! I was being honest! Your lips are even sweeter than the dessert! I am actually craving your lips now that I think about it! Cause their too sweet!
Jin gave him a deadly glare
Jin: ah! Just shut up tae! You idiot!!!
Tae kept smiling at him 
Tae: well, lets change the subject! I'm gonna go watch minions tonight! You wanna join me?
And when tae saw the doubtful look on jin's face he added
Tae: it's not a date! Jimin & jungkook are coming too! It'll be fun!
Jin: oh! they are???
Tae: yes, but be prepared, jungkook may hit you! Very hard! He's grown very mascular! & I'm sure if he sees you, he'll be pissed!
Jin: well, in that case I will come! & jungkook can't fight me! He is my little baby! Remember?
So later that night when they met up in front of the movie theater, jin for sure got hit in his tummy, & then suffocated in a tight hug! Jungkook was very mad at him & why he never returned his calls! Jimin was mad cause he remembered how difficult it was for tae to get over jin! But they all missed eachother so much and that night turned out to be a great reunion!
Jungkook never left jin's side, & didn't even let tae have a little converstaion with jin! Jin tried to tell them jokes, and jimin couldn't stop laughing at his lame jokes! They ate sushi after the movie & it was like good old times!
This retrouvailles* reminded them how strong their friendship was! It was great to see there was no awkwardness when they talked, even after 3 years of distance!
And when jin went to the restroom, jimin told tae
Jimin: tae! stop being so obvious! You've been staring at jin the whole time with your sparkling eyes!
Jungkook: well, jin is the same! But he controls himself better than tae!
Jimin: you should give him a ride after dinner! So you guys can hopefully work things out! I can still see the connection! You two still have feelings for eachother!
Tae had thought about this plan for a few days now!
He has to talk to jin and stop their misery! He can't stay away from jin any longer! he is gonna make jin confess that he is in love with him tonight! His plan is crazy and it can go downhill! But he is ready to risk it all!
Jimin added: why were you insisting to order dessert? Jin hyung looked like a ripe tomato!
Tae: oh nothing, it's like an inside joke between us, I've been craving sweets recently! And he really knows how to make delicious desserts! 

And he looked at jin coming towards them with a loving smile!

 

 

 

 

I think there is only one chapter left! But the other night I got some new ideas for a new taejin fic! Don't know if I'm gonna start it or not! The ideas are very unorganized but I sense if I put it together, it'll be good! Let me know what you think? Should I try to write it? Or should I keep it to myself? And let me know what you did & didn't like about my writing style for this fic! If I decide to write another fic, I wanna improve! See you next chapter!

* P.s. retrouvaille: the joy of meeting or finding someone again after a long seperation; rediscovery