Chapter 1

In secret kept, in silence sealed

As they sat in the cafeteria, jimin started talking about a chick in his dance class who he had a crush on since last year.
Jimin: man, like you don't understand, every time I try to make her notice me, something embarrasing happens and I wish I never did the stupid ! Like this last session I tried to do a cool move with my legs, I ended up hitting my face with my own legs!
Tae starts giggling, by just imagining the situation
Tae: what happened next?
Jimin: nothing, everyone made fun of me of course
Tae: how about her?
Jimin: she asked if I was alright! she would probably think how lame and clumsy I am!
Tae: well, she's not completely wrong, but you know a lot of girls like funny guys and you definitly have your charms! You just need to build up the courage and go talk to her! Girls like guys who can speak their mind!
Jimin: yeah I know! I'm not as confident as you are in that area! I get super shy when it comes to talking and making a move! I wished she would understand my feelings without me saying a word!
Tae got busy looking at jungkook and his new friend who were sitting on the other side of the cafeteria. His name was soekjin and he was a senior. One of the good kids in their school who was smart but very humble and kind-hearted. He had a friendly "the boy next door" vibe to him that made alot of their high school girls fall for him. He was very masculine, manly, and very protective. He rescued jungkook one day from the bullies who were trying to take his wallet. He then started to encourage jungkook to stand for himself and don't let these kids bully him. Jungkook started to call him his favourite hyung and that just made tae sad because all this time he thought he was his favourite hyung, but after all, tae realized he wasn't a good hyung cause he never knew about these s who were bothering jungkook and he blamed himself for not having the chance to protect his friend from it. But at the same time he had a lot of respect for jin who was teaching his friend how to protect himself.
After noticing me and jimin, jungkook started to wave at us, so we went to their table.
Jimin hugged jungkook and started admiring his new haircut and petting his hair
Tae: stop babying him jimin, you two make me sick with your "busan boys bonding time"
Soekjin: just let them be taehyung!
He then faced me: how are you doing? Jungkook was telling me you had a hard time in your biology class?
Tae: oh yea! that nightmare! It's not that it's super hard, I feel like the teacher doesn't know how to explain, jungkook is lucky, he can study on his own but I really need someone to explain it to me!
Jin: why don't you guys study together?
Tae: we tried, it's just that jungkook is even worse than the teacher at explaining the stuff
Jin: I can try to tutor you if you like, even though I'm sure I forgot some of the material from 10th grade but I can try & help.
Tae looked at him in disbelief, this guy was really sweet. They weren't even close friends and he was offering to help him
Tae: uhhm, sure hyung, I mean I don't want this to be an extra weight on your shoulders?!
Jin: my shoulders are broad enough they can handle even bigger weights!
And he started laughing his funny laugh & made tae laugh at his laugh.
Jin: oh I have to go to the library to get this book for my readings, see you guys later
As soon as he left jimin and jungkook started to stare at me with this suspicious look until I asked them what was their deal
Jungkook: hyung, I think jin hyung likes you
Well that was surprising & out of nowhere!
Tae: what do you mean?
Jimin: we think he has a crush on you
Tae: why do you think that?
Jungkook: have you seen how he looks at you?
Tae asked: no, how?
Jimin excitedly said: when he looks at you it seems like he has hearts in his eyes, even his ears get red! I 've noticed!
I was starting to doubt their sanity
Tae: you guys are delusional, you just wanna make me feel uncomfortable during this whole tutoring thing!
Jimin who did not hear my conversation with jin, asked: what tutoring? Is jin gonna tutor you??
Tae: yes, he was very nice and offered to help me in biology.

Jimin: see I'm telling you, he likes you! Otherwise why would he want to help you with your biology? Jungkook says biology is hyung's least favourite subject. why would he want to help you??
Jungkook: well I think our point is, you should try and see if we are right and he actually likes you! Maybe give it a chance!
Tae whispered: I even doubt he's into boys!
Jimin: jungkook says he has never dated a girl before, and I mean, lets be honest he's hot, why would he not want to date a girl? He can easily win any girl's or guy's heart. I think he is kinda into you.
Tae stood up and while taking his backpack he said: well I don't want to put my hopes on it. He's hot yes, but not dating a girl doesn't mean he's (whispering to his friends) gay.
Jimin: dude, if you're that hot and have not dated or tried to date a girl, then I would assume ...
Tae didn't let him finish: you are just assuming stuff. Now lets get to our next class.
Later that day, On his way back home, tae thought what if jin was in fact interested in him? In a culture which did not approved of gay relationships, it would be a relief to find someone who would finally understand him, someone he can share his thoughts about how unfair life and this situation is. Also he was very grateful for having supportive friends like jungkook and jimin, who did not isolate him after he confessed to have interest in males, but it would feel great to finally meet someone who would feel the same and understand him.

 

 

 

 

So here's the first chapter, hope you enjoy it! It will be great if you share your comments about it. Btw, in the begining I got inspired by jimin having a crush on the girl in highlight reel and when he hit his face with his leg, you can google it and a video of him from their japan fanmeet comes up which is cute. See you next chapter