Round 6: What a Gentleman!

♡♡Onew Vs. Jonghyun: The Ultimate Boyfriend Material♡♡
Please log in to read the full chapter

Onew

You awake to the sound of your alarm clock. You tiredly look at it, rubbing your eyes: 7:15.  Why did you set your alarm so early? But then you remember what today is. You smile and quickly jump out of bed, starting the shower.

Your date with Onew last Saturday was so much fun that he asked you out on another date. But you both agreed that this time, you'll go somewhere a little less exciting. You suggested going to the new pet shop that just opened up; he happily agreed. 

As you dry your hair, you look in your closet, trying to decide what you'll wear. You don't want to be too formal, but you don't want to seem like you just rolled out of bed. You decide on a simple t-shirt and your favorite jean shorts. After changing, you go downstairs to find your mother making breakfast.

"Good morning, sweetheart!" she chimes. "I'm making pancakes! Do you want some?" You look at the clock; it's only been an hour since you've woken up. You don't have to meet Onew until 10, so today, you don't have to rush to eat.

"Thank you," you say with a smile. Your mother happily puts a few pancakes on your plate and you start eating. After cleaning up, she sits across from you. You can't help but notice that she's staring at you, grinning.

You stop eating and look up, "Mom...you're scaring me. Do you need something?"

She continues to wear the grin. "You like him, don't you?" she asks.

You laugh. It's true, you really like him. For the next hour or so, you continue to eat your breakfast while you talk to your mother about Onew. You lose track of time and the next thing you knew, it was 9:30. You didn't have to meet him for another thirty minutes, but you decided to play it safe and leave now.

"I have to go now, Mom," you say. "I'll see you later, okay?"

"Have fun! I love you," she calls out.

----

Onew had a few errrands to run this morning, so the two of you meet at the bus stop instead. You've managed to convince him that riding the bus is perfectly okay, though he still insists on buying your ticket for you. 

He seems a little shocked at how many people are already inside. After paying the driver, he sort of just stands there. So you grab his hand and gently lead him to the back of the bus, where there happens to be two empty seats. The doors close and off you go, Onew reaching out to grab one of bus poles to keep himself steady. 

You've had to sit close to Onew before at the theme park, but since that was on a rollercoaster and you happened to be holding onto him for dear life, this is still incredibly awkward. His hand is only a few inches from yours - resting on the top of his knee. 

"So what kind of animals do you like?" Onew asks, after a few moments of listening to the sounds of the bus. You let out a tiny sigh of relief and begin to tell him about how you've always wanted a kitten.

"They're small, and cute, and they don't chew up your furniture, like puppies." He smiles softly, making the back of your neck tingle. "What?" He ducks his head, embarassed.

"Nothing. You just looked... cute." Now it

Please log in to read the full chapter