Round Two: Magical Muffins

♡♡Onew Vs. Jonghyun: The Ultimate Boyfriend Material♡♡
Please log in to read the full chapter

ROUND: 2
THE BATTLEFIELD: Chocolat Bakery. 

THE SCENARIO

 

After a long tiring but interesting day, you finally heard the bell ring indicating the school's dismissal.
"Yayy!" You muttered under your breath, smiling naturally for the first time for that day.


"Okay guys, remember your homework! I will be collecting it on our next meeting."
Some students groaned.
You understand that, after all, it's the first day, and you've got homework already?!

Really, maybe you transferred to the wrong school!


Then your eyes landed on him as he fixed his stuff.
Hmm...well, maybe it's too early to judge this school, right?


You hitched your backpack on your shoulders and hurried off towards the exit of your school.
You skipped happily.
Freedom! Yay!


Being the new student is hard, especially if no one's that friendly.
Well, except for him...but you feel like it's too early to say so you just shrugged that thought off.


You finally reached the one place you've been wanting to check out since you saw it this morning.
Sweet, tempting, and delicious smells wafted around, teasing your senses and making you want to spend money.
 

  

ONEW'S MOVE

 

You looked for the one thing you've been craving for since that morning:
Muffins! Yummm~


"Good afternoon!" The pretty vendor who looked like a foreigner greeted you.


"Good afternoon! I would like to purchase--"


"One chicken pie please!" A loud voice said.
You looked to your left, distracted by the sound of that familiar voice.


It was Onew!


You were surprised. You didn't know he was here as well.


He looked over to his right and saw you, his eyebrows raised and he smiled widely.
"Yumi-ah!" He greeted, going over to your side.


"Hi Onew!"


"I didn't know you go to this bakery as well! I should go here more often." He grinned.


"Oh, it's my first time coming here. The smell was just so tempting." You smiled happily.


"I know what you mean! You should totally try their chicken pie! It's out of this world!" He recommended.


"Hmm..." You smiled. "Maybe some other time. I already promised myself a muffin."


He pouted. "Come on, it's reaaaally good! Should I treat you to one?" He offered.

"Oh, no! It's okay." You shook your head fast. To be honest, you didn't like chicken all that much.


He pouted. "Aw. I'm guessing you're not a big fan of chicken then?"


"Haha..." You laughed feebly.
"Chicken's fine..."


"Oh, I know!" His eyes lit up suddenly.
"I'll be right back!"
He went over to the other vendor and talked to her.


"Miss, do you still want to purchase something?" You looked at the girl's tag which says 'Tia' and you smiled.
"Yes, please! I would love to buy a--"


"No! Wait!"


You stopped talking, surprised.
"Don't buy anymore!" Onew hurried over to you, raising up a small package and smiling.


"Why not?" You looked at the muffins longingly.


"You'll see!" He seemed so excited as he pulled you to the outside tables.
You really have no choice but to just let him pull you. Besides, with a guy like Onew, can you really resist?


He set the package down on the table happily.
"Oh, wait." He said and went over to your side.


He pulled open the chair for you and smiled.

"Thanks, Onew." You blushed, what a gentleman.
No one from your old school did that for you before!


He sat across from you.
"Ready?" He asked and opened the package.
"Ready." You mumbled, hoping the package didn't contain chicken pie inside.


But with that kind of excitement written all over his face, you're strongly guessing what the package really does hold.


"Ta-daaaaa~" He exclaimed and brought out two breads from the package.
Your mouth dropped open.


It isn't chicken pie at all!
It's your favorite bread--MUFFINS!! <33


"Wow!" You breathed. This was a different muffin compared to the one you wanted to purchase earlier though.


Onew handed to you a heart shaped muffin with strawberry icing on top.
"I hope you like strawberry!" He smiled and got his own muffin from the package.


Oh, and will you look at that! You guys have matching muffins!
Yours is pink and his is blue.
How cute.


"This one's blueberry." He smiled, tilting his head to inspect the muffin.
"Wow! Thank you Onew!" You were so happy.
He stared at you, chuckling.
"So muffins get you going like that, huh? Hmmm..." He looked thoughtful.
"Oh, by the way...this is really great, but...I thought you liked chicken pie? You were so eager to eat one awhile ago."
"Uh-huh, but this one's nice, right? These two are what they call couple muffins!"
You were surprised."Couple muffins?! They have that??"
"Yeah!" He nodded, biting into his muffin.
"Isn't it cool? That's why this place is so popular! They bring such unique stuffs to people."
"Really?" You said, taking a bite.
It's really delicious.
"Yeah. Besides..." He continued and you looked at him.
"I just think that getting a couple muffin with you is better than eating chicken pie alone, anyway." He smiled.
"Oh." You looked down. How sweet.
He gave up his favorite food just so he can share your favorite food with you!
"You didn't need to do that though. It's perfectly fine with me if you just bought your chicken instead."
"Nah." He smiled. "I like this better. Besides, this way, we can be a couple!" He said brightly.
You almost choke on your muffin.
"What?!"
"I mean...we're a couple because we're...uh...we're classmates!" He wrinkled his nose.
"I mean, we're...friends! Yeah...but maybe you're still uncomfortable with me...So maybe not that..." He muttered.
"Because we're seatmates?" He made a face.
"Uh, you know...I wasn't talking about being a couple couple. More like...uhm..." You wanted to laugh at how he looked confused with his own explanation.
"Yeah. I guess that didn't make sense at all." He looked embarrassed.
"Wait, what was I trying to defend again?" He looked at you for help.
Somehow, you actually find the whole thing really cute.
How many clueless guys can come out as cute as this one when confused?
Uh, maybe one in a gazillion? You finally laughed at the lost expression in his face.
"Haha. I'm so glad you're my seatmate, Onew!" You said truthfully and smiled.

He immediately brightened.
"Really?"


"Of course!"
"Yay!" He grinned. "Shall we make a pact then?"


You were curious. "What kind of pact?"


"It's kind of silly though..." He smiled shyly.


"Oh, come on. It can't be that bad." You encouraged him as you bit your muffin.
But after seeing Onew in action in just one afternoon...
maybe it will be that silly.


"Uhm...that I won't eat couple muffins with anyone else but you and you...won't eat couple muffins with anyone else but...me?" He smiled jokingly to cover up his embarrassment but his eyes were looking at you hopefully.
You just looked at him blankly, but you were panicking inside.


"Nevermind. I was just kidding. I told you it was a silly pact..."

Please log in to read the full chapter