Round One: Take My Seat.

♡♡Onew Vs. Jonghyun: The Ultimate Boyfriend Material♡♡
Please log in to read the full chapter

ROUND: 1
THE BATTLEFIELD: SHINee High, Classroom 3-A.  


THE SCENARIO


It's your first day at your new school! Whew.
Finally, your mom left you alone! She was insisting so much that she needs to send off her darling daughter all the way to the classroom and you just had to protest.
Well, of course you do! Come on! Even though you're a new student and all, in this new neighborhood and in this new school, you're still a junior and freaking sixteen years old already!
So after assuring your mom for about 20 million times that you'll be okay on your own, she finally let you off.     And again...Whew!
And...CRAP! You glanced at your watch, you're running 20 minutes late!
And on your first day too!

You grabbed your backpack and ran like hell.
Maybe the teacher's late too, right?

Wrong. The teacher's there and so is everyone.
And they're all staring at you.  

"You're late. Miss..." The professor frowned, you didn't know whether it was from annoyance or from inquisitiveness.


"Park." You quickly said, hurrying inside the room and handing him your new student slip.
"Park, Yumi." You completed lamely.


"Well, Miss Park. This is just great, huh? You're a new student and you're late." He handed your slip back to you and continued to do roll call.


Uh...wasn't he supposed to introduce you to class or something?
Or at least assign you to sit somewhere?

You shuffled at the corner, scanning the room quickly praying that there's a vacant chair--anywhere, even beside the bin--just to escape the embarrassment.

"What's the matter?" A pretty girl with a cheshire cat smile purred at you.
"Can't find a seat?"
You ignored her and continued to scan.
"Give it up, babe." Another one spoke up which made you look twice since you weren't sure if this thing's a girl or a boy. There were a mixture of girly and boyish features on her face...and she kinda looks like a dinosaur too! Your eyes landed on the one place girls will always have.

 

If she's a girl at all...


Hmmm. Bumps. Yep, this one's a girl. "Why don't you sit in my lap, gorgeous?" This time, a guy, cooed at you teasingly.
Some of the boys snickered.

You blushed. From anger or from embarrassment, no one really knows.

But you really, really wish you woke up 20 minutes earlier.

Then...the professor stood up. You thought he finally took mercy on you and would make you take a chair outside from another room or something to ease your pain but he just went infront and started to write.
Professor Song SooMan.

Yeah. He's starting class soon.
And you're still standing in the corner, with everyone staring at you like you're wearing the dunce hat.

Aigoo. It's only the first day and already you wish it would end...soon.  


ONEW'S MOVE


Suddenly, someone from the middle of the class stood up and walked to you with gentle, almost humming steps.

A little clumsy, but it looks cute too.


Just like him.


This guy...is definitely adorable.

 

He has really nice, brown hair to match his deep chocolate brown eyes which was really small. The smile he flashed at you made his eyes smaller than ever. If that was even possible.


"Hey." He grinned and took your bag for you, which you were just hugging close to your chest as if in some sort of a shield.
"Come on! A pretty girl like you shouldn't just stand around. Here." He offered his hand to you.
You blushed more deeply, hesitating on whether you should hold it or not.
He dropped his hand after a few seconds and rubbed his neck with it. "Oh, uh, sorry. I guess you're pretty shy."
You looked down, still unable to speak.


What a cute guy! And you two are having a moment.
In a classroom full of people.
And the professor's teaching already.


"Come on." He whispered again.
"You can take my seat." And he walked ahead while you followed awkwardly.
You felt all eyes on you as you shuffled behind him.


"There!" He placed your bag neatly on the armrest and he even pretended to dust off the seat for you.
"Good as new." He winked and gestured for you to sit.


"Thanks." You said meekly and sat down on the chair.
Ah~ that felt good!


You looked up at him and saw that he was looking around for an empty seat but there really was none.
"Hmm..." He rubbed the back of his neck again.


You felt guilty. "Have your seat back." You murmured quietly but he shook his head.

 

"I'm fine." He flashed you a smile and crouched down beside you.
"A girl should always be sitted first." He looked at you in the eyes and for a second, you were mesmerized.


He offered you his hand discreetly so he wouldn't disturb the prof and the class who were now minding their own business.
"I'm Lee Jinki." His eyes sparkled. "But you can call me Onew." He said quietly.


"I'm Park Yumi. Nice to meet you Onew." You whispered back quietly, smiling.


"Excuse me, Mr. Song, may I be permitted to get another chair outside?" He raised his hand to get Prof's attention.


Mr. Song sighed. "Very well then." and proceeded to lecture again.


"Psst. Onew!"
He turned to the back where a lot of boys are.
"There's another seat here! You don't need to go out." They told him quietly.
Your eyebrows raised up.


How come you didn't notice that one before?! ><


He walked over to them.
"Yah, guys. Why would you hide that chair? You knew she needed one! You could be a little gentlemanly every now and then, you know." He scolded them, almost in a nice way.


"Sorry." One guy shrugged.
Onew shook his head and sighed.
"Just sit here, Onew." The guy said but Onew shook his head and looked over to you.
"There must be some ot

Please log in to read the full chapter