Round 4: Hello Appa!

♡♡Onew Vs. Jonghyun: The Ultimate Boyfriend Material♡♡
Please log in to read the full chapter

Round: 4

Battlefield: After School Day Care Center.

 

 THE SCENARIO

Finally! The day you've been waiting for ever since you moved in here!   It's Saturday! Yay!   There are a lot of reasons why you love Saturday; First, no school. Second, you can go to your most favorite place in the world today!   Well, after Chocolat Bakery that is.   Today, you're very sure, will be a great day!

 

 

 

 

ONEW'S MOVE

 

You skipped out of the house happily after saying goodbye to your umma. You fixed your small backpack and walked off and out of your gate when suddenly a pair of hands covered your eyes. "Guess who?" Someone sang in your ear.   You laughed, instantly knowing who it is. "Is it my new seatmate?" You guessed.   "Mmm...close. But not quite." You heard him laugh.   "Hmm...then, is it my neighbor who seems to be in love with chicken?" You guessed again.   The intruder took his hands off your eyes and twirled you around. "Wrong." He smiled, winking at you. "It's me, your genie for the day!"   You crossed your arms, laughing. "Genie?"   "Sure." He shrugged and suddenly his hands out. "Flowers for my favorite neighbor!" He announced, looking so adorkable.   You looked at them, a little amused. "Are those the roses that were planted in our front yard?"   "Of course not! Wherever did you get that idea, miss?" He pretended to look appalled.   You laughed. "I'm not sure but I do think that our front yard looks a little bit bare now..."   "Hey! I only took three!" He protested.   You chuckled. "Knew it. You took them. Thanks anyway." You took the flowers from him.   "You're welcome!" He beamed. "So, where are we headed today?"   "We?"   "Yes! I'm your genie today!"   "What the heck does that mean?"   "Umm..." He looked up. "It means...that I get to follow you around the whole day?" He looked at you innocently. "Oh, and you can't get rid of me too!”   “How does that make you a genie?” You look amused.   “Uhm…Oh, I know! I'm granting you three wishes too!" He gave you a thumbs up and winked.   "Is that so?" You giggled and since you're such on a good mood, you quickly decided on what you should do. "Then I guess for my first wish...you're coming with me on a special place today!"   He looked at you, his eyes sparkling happily. "Your wish is my command!"   --   "Where are we?" He asked you as you guys hopped off the bus.   "In my old neighborhood." You smiled as you led him to your destination.   "Cool. It's pretty near our neighborhood. I guess we can come here often."   "Yeah." You agreed.   "So where are we headed again?" He asked while trying to take your backpack from you. You looked at him questioningly. "Let me carry this for you." He smiled and successfully took your backpack. "So where to?"   You smiled. "To one of my most favorite places ever! I'm sure you'll love it there too!"   He smiled when he saw how happy you are at the prospect of going into whatever place you had in mind. "Cool. Count me in then!"   --   After five minutes of walking...   "Hey...W-Wait. Is this where we're really headed?"   You nodded eagerly and took his hand. "Yup! Come on!" You led him to the entrance.   "Welcome to After School Day Care Center! Oh! Yumi-ah! It's been quite a while!" The owner hugged you tight. "How are you?"   "I'm fine, Mrs. Im!"   "I'm glad to hear that! So, are you here because of..."   "Yup! I can't wait! Oh, and I brought my friend with me!" You gestured to Onew who suddenly became quiet ever since you came in.   "Hello there! We're always happy to get new recruits! Come on in!" Mrs. Im ushered the two of you in excitedly.   When she opened the door, there were already a roomful of kids, about ten of them, ages 4-8, playing around. "Yumi noona!!" A super adorable kid hugged your leg.   "Jihan! I missed you!" You knelt down and hugged him back.   "Well, looks like everything is going well. I'll leave you guys now." and Mrs. Im closed the door gently.   You looked at Onew who was still frozen in place, near the door, looking like he's at a loss for words. "Onew?" You approached him after some of the kids had calmed down from the excitement of seeing you again.   He gave you a weak smile.   "Are you okay?" You asked gently.   He nodded mutely.   "I...volunteer here. All the time. Ever since I was 14. I love this place a lot and I've been coming back here ever since. It's great, right?" You looked at his expression carefully.   "Yes. Great." He blinked and looked startled by Shinwoo, this adorable five year old kid, who suddenly came up to you guys.   "Noona! Is he your boyfriend?" He asked authoritatively, glaring at Onew.   You laughed. "No, he's not. He's my friend! His name is Onew. Onew hyung, alright?" You smiled.   "That's good!" He looked at Onew menacingly again. "Noona is mine!" He said and walked off in an unsettled manner, almost tripping adorably.   "Ha. He's so cute." You laughed and looked at Onew again who was now smiling a little. "You okay now?"   He looked at you, biting his lip. "To tell you the truth, I'm not very good with kids at all. I avoid them as much as I can..."   "Oh!" You felt bad. "I'm sorry Onew...I didn't know."   "It's okay." He smiled and sat down on the floor. "I think it's time I try to change those feelings anyway."   You grinned. "That's good! I promise I'll help you!" And with that, you led him to the nicest kid in the whole room. A cute five year old kid named Bomi, who was in the corner alone, playing with dolls and teacups. "Hi sweetie!" You walked up to her and gave her a kiss on the cheek.   "Oh, hello, Yumi unnie!" She gave you a sweet smile. "How are you?"   "I'm fine." You sat beside her. "I want to introduce you to someone. His name is Onew. Onew oppa." You said happily.   Onew emerged from behind you and gave a small smile to Bomi. "Hi Onew oppa! I'm Bomi." She smiled sweetly.   "Hi Bomi!" He greeted but didn't go anywhere near her.   "Sit beside me, oppa." Bomi looked at him with wide, innocent eyes.   "U-uhm...okay." Onew awkwardly sat beside Bomi.   "Here." She handed Onew a small teacup. "Teddy doesn't want to drink his tea so you can have it!" She smiled at Onew adorably.   Onew took it shyly. "Thank you, Mr. Teddy." He saluted the teddy bear which Bomi was holding and pretended to drink the tea from the cup. "That was really good!"   Bomi giggled. "Would you like more?"   "Yes, please!" He held out his cup and looked at you. "I'm thirsty right now." He explained.   You laughed and gave him a thumbs up. "Good job!" You're really happy to see Onew adjusting quickly to the environment, you're sure that he'll get over his phobia of kids pretty soon.   "Yay!" Bomi looked at you then at Onew. "We're like a family!" She giggled.   Onew laughed. "So, I'm the appa, and Yumi unnie is the umma, and you're our baby?" He asked, smiling widely.   "No!" Bomi shook her head. "I'm the umma, you're the appa and Yumi unnie is the baby!"   "Eh?"Onew looked surprised before laughing.   You pretended to pout. "How come I'm the baby?"   "I can live with that." Onew interrupted, his eyes twinkling. "That just means you're my baby." He teased.   You rolled your eyes at him, laughing.   "No! She's our baby!" Bomi corrected, not really understanding what Onew meant the first time.   "Oh, of course! That's what I meant!" He patted Bomi's hair. "So, I'm really the appa?"   "Of course! Onew oppa is very cute!" Bomi tilted his head to the side and stared at Onew.   Onew blushed. "Bomi is very cute too!"   She giggled. "See? We're a perfect match!"   "I guess we are!"   You laughed and fixed Bomi's hair. "Hey, you two lovebirds! I'm going to go off to the other kids first, okay? Will you be fine here?" You looked at Onew.   "Don't worry unnie! I'll take care of him!" Bomi volunteered and you giggled. "Looks like you have your very first fangirl." You winked.   "Hey! I thought you were the first?" He pouted.   You shook your head, smiling. "Sure, sure. I'll go off now, okay?"   "Wait...you're really leaving me with her?" He looked worried.   "Of course. You seem to be managing her just fine. Besides, if you need me, I'll just be across the room with the other kids." You gestured to them. He still looked hesitant. "It's your choice. You can stay with her for a while or if you're ready to play with more kids...then..."   He blinked. "Uhm..." He looked at Bomi who was still quietly playing with her dolls.   "Look, you're my genie today, right?" You raised your eyebrows at him. He looked at you curiously. "Well, I'm going to use my second wish now."   He gave you a small smile. "and what is that wish?"   "That you would be able to play with these kids and have fun with them."   He chuckled. "Your wish is my command then."   "Good. Have fun with Bomi!"   He nodded and you went off to the other kids, playing with them, telling them stories, and just having fun.   You saw other kids going up to Onew and Bomi, mostly girls, to play with them. You saw Onew took care of them well, feeding them and laughing, and making sure they're okay. He would sing for them and even dance and draw pictures. Everytime you look across the room to check on them, you find yourself smiling.   Looks like he really is adjusting.   During break, you introduced him to everyone, and you made him play with the other kids too, with Bomi trailing after him. Soon, he got over his phobia of kids and was playing with them freely, teaching all of them how to dance and sing, and sometimes, even throwing his body around. "Onew! Are you okay?" You asked when you saw him land on the floor after tripping on the jumping rope.   "Yes!" He grinned at you. "Don't worry, I'm used to it!"   You laughed. "You're really good with kids!"   He smiled. "Am I doing your wish well, then?"   "Definitely."   He grinned before kneeling down to talk to Bomi who has been tugging at his pants the whole while. "What is it, Bomi?" He asked, pulling the kid into his lap.   "I have something for you!" She beamed before holding out her hand to Onew to give him an imaginary thing.   "Wow! What is it?" Onew looked excited. You can't help but smile again. Onew's so cute!   "It's a muffin! Will you eat it?" Bomi looked at him expectantly.   Onew suddenly bit his lip, as if he's thinking about something. "Uhm...Bomi, I'm really sorry...but Onew oppa can only eat muffins with one person." He told Bomi regretfully.   "Oh!" Bomi looked disappointed. "Why?"   "Well...I kind of made a pact with that someone that I'll only eat muffins with her...I'm sorry, baby." Onew patted Bomi's head, but she only pouted. "But I have a proposition though!" Onew's eyes twinkled.   "What is it?"   "Did you know that I'm a genie today?"   Bomi looked excited. "Really? That's so cool!" She squealed but suddenly frowned. "Hey wait! Why aren't you color blue then?"   "Blue? My favorite color is yellow." Onew shrugged, puzzled.   "No! I meant, you know, like the one from Aladin." Bomi explained.   "Oh right." Onew laughed. "Well, it's because no one can know that I'm a genie. So you have to be quiet, okay?"   "Ah!" Bomi looked truly amazed. "Okay, Onew oppa! I won't tell anyone!"   "Good! And now, because I have magical powers, I will turn this muffin you made for me into a..." He looked at Bomi expectantly.   "Uhm...a cookie!!!" Bomi blurted. "No! Wait!! A sugar cookie!!!" She corrected hastily.   "Okay then! A sugar cookie it is!" Onew waved his arm around and blew on his hands. "Ta-da! It's a sugar cookie now!" He held out his hand to Bomi.   "Yay!" Bomi clapped her hands, delighted. "Oh! I love you so much, Onew oppa!" She suddenly hugged him tight.   Onew looked surprised, even looking a little awkward at the sudden skinship. But he gave in and a gentle smile graced his features as he hugged her back. "I love you too, Bomi."   You smiled at the sight. He'd make a great dad someday,you thought.   After a bit more playing around, 3PM came which was the schedule for naptime and one by one, the kids slept.   Except for you, Onew, and Bomi who was being lullabied to sleep by Onew.   You weren't exactly beside Onew but you can hear his soft voice as he sang to Bomi to help her sleep. You on the other hand, was nestling Jihan, one of your favorites, and he was fast asleep in your arms.   "Hey, Onew oppa?" You heard Bomi's small voice ask.   "Hmm?"   "You know, I really like you. You're kind, like my dad." Bomi said sleepily.   You saw Onew smile genuinely. "Thank you, Bomi. I like you too." He whispered.   Bomi smiled, blinking and yawning. "So does that mean...you'll wait for me to grow up?"   Onew tilted his head. "What for?"   "So that when I'm older, I can date you!" Bomi giggled and touched Onew's cheek with her small hands.   Onew chuckled, not saying anything. "Go to sleep now, okay?" He murmured and softly sang to her again. Soon, Bomi fell asleep in his arms.   You felt a little sleepy yourself but y
Please log in to read the full chapter