Hana Go

9 as my Moms?

Hana's P.O.V

Ugh, why is it so hot here? Walking home from my house to school is really a hustle. It's so hot and before I even get to school, I'm drained with sweat. When it's raining, I'm drained with rain. 

"Hi Hana" I was greeted by my classmates upon entering my class room. I greeted them back casually. No bows, just smile. Philippines is really different from Korea. 

Im a half korean and a half Filipina. My whole family is in Korea. How did I get to live here in Philippines? Well, long story. My mother is a Filipina while my Father is a Korean. I have an elder brother, Jaesuk. He is the sweetest brother you could ever meet. Right now, He's in the U.S working his off. I also have a younger sister, Haeyoung. She's 5 years younger than me and is staying with my parents in Korea.

My parents- well my dad kicked me out of the house. Why? Let's go back to 5 years ago. I was 10 years old that time. A young, happy and innocent child. As a 10 year old kid, my life should be fun and I should be filled with happiness. Unfortunately, not for me. 

There came a night when my dad came home really drunk. I was with my younger sister, Haeyoung. She was five that time. We were already sleeping because it's nearly midnight. We have different rooms. Mom has to come home late from work and Jaesuk oppa is already In US that time.
Dad barged into my room and just beat the hell out of me. I told him to keep it down, the yelling and anger, because it might wake Haeyoung up. I didn't know what's happening. The next thing I know, I was lying on the floor with blood on my core. Bruises all over my body. 

This kept going for almost half a year. Until I can't take it anymore. I told everything to my brother. He knew I wouldn't lie so he believed in me at once. He was fuming with anger and even went back to Korea just to talk to Mom about this. When our father found out about me, telling his Bulls to Jaesuk, He told my mom that I was lying. I know how much mom loves dad. So she sticked with dad's side. I know mom believes in me as well and wanted to help me that bad. But she just can't. That, I deeply understand. That's when dad kicked me out of the house. Jaesuk was in fury that time but he's just a son, what can he do? He can't disrespect our father. Jaesuk offered to help me and stay with him in US, but because of dad's anger, he refused to let me live with my brother. Mom tried to convince dad but failed, so in the end, I went to live with my grandparents here in Philippines.

It's been four years now. I can speak filipino fluently now, but with my Korean accent still. My grandparents passed away last year, so now, I'm living alone at the old house of my grandparents. It's not a small house. It's a 2 storey house. All the other assets and liabilities was left to me. The money on their bank account, Im the one managing it now. The house and the other lands they had was split into me and my 2 siblings. Jaesuk is the one giving me money. He is my only way of survival. He took care of my Expenses, tuition fee, and other things that needed to be taken care of. He sends enough money to me. It's actually too much for a 15 year old girl living alone. 20K a month is too much for me. Not that he mind. He's a manager at a hotel there so he has too much salary. 

I've been zoning out for a while that I didn't realized it's already break time. The bell already rang.

"Sabay kana kumain samin Hana (eat with us, Hana)" a group of girls from my class said. "sige lang. May tatapusin pako eh. Salamat (go on, I have something else to finish. Thankyou)" I gave them a smile. They nodded and went out.

Actually, I just don't have the appetite to eat. After remembering my past, I don't think I can eat. I pulled out my secret garden coloring book from my bag. It's half way finished and it's beautiful. I smiled proudly to myself. I started coloring while my earphones are on. Korean music is playing. 

Losing my time with coloring, I felt a little at ease. Until the recess is over and classes has to start again. While waiting for the teacher, I heard my two classmates talking behind me. "yung snsd daw, magkakaron ng variety show. Dito gagawin sa Pilipinas. (Snsd will have a variety show and will be held here In the Philippines.)" Said classmate 1. "Narinig ko nga. Nae-excite ako(I heard. This excites me!)" Classmate 2 shouted in an Aegyo way. I cringed. Horrible voice. "Magpapaudition daw eh. Hello Baby S2  kaya kailangan nila ng Anak-anakan. 13 to 17 years old. (It was said that there will be an adution. It was hello baby s2 so they need a son or a daughter. Around 13 to 17 years old)"

        "punta akong audition. Baka swertehin ako. (I'll go to the audition. Luck might struck me)" classmate 2 said. "Bring me with you " classmate 1 said. 

People are crazy about this girl group. I know their songs but not much the members. I didn't know much about them. Im not much of a fan.

As the day ended, I went home. Walking as usual. All I want is to sleep but as soon as I got to my front gate, 2 white vans were parked in there.

What is this? Am I robbed? Or I'm going to be kidnapped? No way. Chills ran down to my spines.