my whole ❤️ (hajoo)

📖~apink short stories collection~📖

 

 

A sigh echoed the empty dormitory, a home to three members of the well-known girl group Apink. The youngest, Oh Hayoung had been living alone for the past week now and it has been killing her inside. Her dorm mates, Eunji and Naeun have been busy with their own schedules. Chorong and Bomi had left to the Fiji Islands for a Law of the Jungle filming and her favourite Namjoo unnie, had been busy filming her webdrama entitled “Akdong Detectives”.

She didn’t mind having an empty schedule because she needed a well-deserved break but at the same time, she didn’t like to be alone. Spending the days holed in her own room, playing video games and often heading to kitchen to prepare her own meals, she wondered if she was becoming like her Chorong unnie, a well-known homebody.

“Oh god, I’m so bored!” said the maknae in frustration, stretching her arms after another round of Overwatch as she stared blankly at the screen. As much as she loved to play games, there will always be a time where she will become sick of it. “What else can I do to kill time?” She wondered as she stood up, walking around restlessly in her room full with plushies. That’s when an idea popped into her mind and took her phone.

“Namjoo unnie, what time do you finish filming today?” She texted.

Tossing it back to the desk, Hayoung had expected her to reply hours later. But all of sudden, there was a notification sound. Immediately in the speed of light, she took the phone back into her hands.

“I’m finishing early today. Do you want me to eat dinner with you?”

“Yes please. It’s lonely out here. sad emoticon

“kekeke alright Hayoung-ah, I’ll reach your dorm at around 7pm.”

For once, a smile formed on the girl’s face. She was excited at the thought of her favourite unnie coming over, even though she lives just one floor above her. It had been dreadful to have no one to talk to her, let alone even eat with her because everyone is busy. At least, she was lucky today that Namjoo had an early filming today.

As she wasn’t quite well-versed in culinary skills, Hayoung made the easiest choice for dinner. Pizza delivery.

“Namjoo unnie loves pizza. I’m sure she’ll be happy.” The maknae thought with a sheepish smile, proceeding to settle in her couch as she flipped through the channels to see if there was anything interesting while waiting for her to return.

It didn’t take long before the door bell rang. Hayoung headed to the door in excitement but simply frowned only to see the delivery man at the door.

“Here. It’s the exact total. Bye.” The girl said coolly, one hand carrying the stack of pizza boxes while the other closed the door. Placing it on the table, Hayoung waited restlessly like a puppy who missed its master. Occasionally staring at the clock while checking her phone for any messages, she never thought time would pass this slow.

Trying to pass the time by playing games on her phone, the door bell rang once again. Unconciously, Hayoung’s head lifted up and turned straight to the door. She smiled.

“Namjoo unnie is here.”

 

 

 

 

 

Immediately upon opening the door, the once quiet apartment house was filled with the cheery voice of Kim Namjoo.

"Hayoung-ah! Sorry I'm late! We were stuck in really heavy traffic so manager oppa had to take detour!" said Namjoo as she entered, arms filled with her bags.

"It's okay. As long as you're going to eat dinner with me, that's fine!" smiled Hayoung sheepishly as she helped to carry her bags, before settling it on the table.

"Wow, you ordered pizza?" gasped Namjoo with wide open.

"Well, I can't cook..." said Hayoung shyly.

"You want me to get fat?" asked Namjoo jokingly.

"I-I-I didn't mean that! It's just that y'know I can't cook and because Namjoo unnie is gonna-" Before Hayoung could even continue her mumble-like explaination, Namjoo simply smiled and gently cupped her cheeks.

"Thank you Hayoung-ah." the older girl said while ruffling the maknae's hair, as a reward.

As the two settled down in their seats, opened the boxes of pizza as the dorm was filled with its delicious aroma, they began to dug in as a movie played on the TV screen.

"Hey, are we watching that Crayon Shin Chan movie again?!"

"What? It's funny."

"Gosh, you're still such a baby I swear." sighed Namjoo with a laugh as she stuffed another slice of pizza into her big mouth.

As the duo watched, Hayoung listened to the older girl's stories of her filming. She had been getting along pretty well with her co-actors, Seonho and Hyunseob who were almost like her little brothers. There was quite an but she felt like she was one of them. She was thankful and overall, she had a fun time. The younger girl nodded while listening to her, often focusing her attention between her unnie and the screen. 

"Y'know, those boys are like my halfs. If they're not around, I will feel incomplete."

Hearing her statement, somehow made Hayoung's heart a little bitter. The girl always thought that she had all of her unnie's love but she just couldn't help but feel jealous whenever her Apink unnies became attached to someone else. It was always her main centre of worry, scared that one day she will just be left alone and ignored.

"Then what about me?" asked Hayoung boldly with a pout, placing her half-eaten pizza down as she stared at her. She was half-expecting yet half-disappointed at what her unnie would say in reply.

"Well, what do you think?" asked Namjoo with a wide smile, head tilted over as she gazed into the maknae's disoriented eyes.

"H-how would I know..." stuttered the girl, not sure what to feel when all of a sudden, she just started staring at her. Let alone, that smile. Namjoo's smile was her biggest weakness. It felt so warm and comforting, it was killing her.

"Try to guess." snickered Namjoo as she her fingers from the stains of oil after eating several pieces.

"I'm nothing to you." pouted Hayoung as she looked away.

"Hey! I'm not that mean!" said Namjoo, nudging the girl. "Gosh, did you really think I'm going to be like that to you? To our maknae?!" Obviously, she had not expected such a depressive answer.

Perhaps, it had taken quite the emotional toll on the girl because everyone has been so busy except for her. With the Apink unnies on their own schedules and often returning late, she understood how hard it must've been to be all alone and having no one else to talk too. Namjoo felt sorry too and that's why she tried to make an effort to at least text or call her when she had breaks during filming. 

"Hayoung-ah." sighed Namjoo as she rested her head on the table, never letting go of her gaze. "You're my whole."

It didn't even take one second to notice the frowned lips of Hayoung, changing into a smile. Immediately, the maknae's behaviour changed drastically as she suddenly became shy at her comment.

"I-I'm unnie's whole? Ah, really? Really? You didn't really have to say it in that way y'know...." mumbled Hayoung shyly as she couldn't stop smiling, taking a pillow from the couch as she wanted to bury her face inside.

"Hey, I'm serious. Sure, those boys are really great people. They're like my half but even so, I wouldn't be complete if there wasn't you in the picture Hayoung-ah."

"Really?" asked the younger girl in a soft tone, peeking her head gently out from the pillow that was twice as big as her face.

"Mm. Hayoung-ah, you're my whole."

"Ah..unnie you don't need to repeat that for a second time..." mumbled Hayoung shyly as she hid her face again, behind the pillow.

Namjoo proceeded to smile cheekily at that. "Oh really? But you're really, really my whole though. Like you're my everything Hayoung-ah." teased the girl as she moved closer, enjoying this very moment of fooling around with her. It was then, Namjoo took hold of the pillow and tossed it away, revealing the face of the younger girl in a complete, pink flush.

With one glance, Namjoo laughed out loud upon seeing the maknae's blushed face.

"Aigoo Hayoung-ah, you're so adorable! All I said was that and you're all so shy now! Cute!" squealed Namjoo in excitement as she naturally pulled her into an embrace, rubbing her cheeks against hers. "That's just the more reason why you make my life complete Hayoung-ah."

With Namjoo in such a close, intimate proximity and feeling her breath against her neck, Hayoung froze like a statue, allowing her blood rush into her cheeks and feeling her heart beat like crazy. As much as she loved cuddles from her favourite unnie, it was different today. A little too different.

"U-Unnie..you're too close...." mumbled Hayoung, almost suffocating in this position because as much as she wanted to move away, she didn't. It was strange. Fuzzy feelings wrapped her heart in confusion and she too, was just a confused child.

"Oh! Sorry. You were just too adorable so I couldn't help it." said Namjoo as she let go of the embrace, with a giggle. 

There was a silence as the girls just stared at each other, while hearing the background noises of the television. It was as if, time stopped for that very moment.

"A-ANYWAYS! You've finished eating right? I'll clean it up!" stuttered Hayoung as she shot up from her seat, taking the empty pizza boxes into the kitchen.

"I'll help you-"

"ITS OKAY UNNIE, you've been filming the whole day so you should just sit down and rest!" Hayoung interrupted in between as she tossed the boxes into the bin before turning to wash her hands at the sink.

 

 

 

 

 

 

The girls continued to watch the movie. With the night getting deeper, it was more quiet in the dorm as Hayoung was far too focused on the movie to even realised that Namjoo had fallen asleep.

"This part is really funny unnie!" laughed Hayoung as she glanced to her right, only to see her unnie, head slumped on the table and eyes closed. 

It was then, the maknae had to make a decision. Should she wake her up and tell her to go back to her dorm upstairs or should she just lift her and let Namjoo sleep in her bed? Obviously, her heart was fluttering at the latter. Surely, there's nothing wrong with sleeping with her fellow member because they've done in many times before. But that was, with the members around. Right now, in this dorm, there were just the two of them. Two girls alone in a room.

Hayoung gulped nervously as she looked at Namjoo who slept soundly, even when the noises from the television were so loud. She proceeded to look at her phone to check the time, 11pm.

"At this rate, there's no point for Namjoo unnie to go back to her dorm. Chorong unnie and Bomi unnie are out in the jungle so she'll feel lonely sleeping in the dorm upstairs. I highly doubt Eunji unnie will come back early with her Untouchable drama script reading and Naeun's probably somewhere, I don't know. My bed's big enough to fit the two of us and I can carry her easily with my size. I guess it should be okay to let her sleep her." The maknae pondered.

After much thought, she sighed as she took the remote control and switched the television off. Immediately, there was complete silence without the irritating noises. Carefully, Hayoung slip her hands under Namjoo's arm, the other under her thighs and got herself positioned to lift her up. With a count of three, there was a silent grunt coming from the girl's mouth as she managed to carry her unnie, in a bridal style. The distance to her bedroom wasn't far. With just a few steps, Hayoung gently placed and tucked Namjoo into her bed. Noticing how plushies took up nearly 70% percent of the space, she immediately stuffed it back into her cupboard so that Namjoo could have more space to sleep.

The only problem left was, should she sleep with her or just sleep outside the sofa? Well if she decided on the latter, she would then have to explain to her Eunji and Naeun unnie about why she was sleeping out there tommorow morning. And surely, imagining Eunji nagging her was already a deciding factor. Carefully, Hayoung went to the empty side of her bed and sat down, slowly falling her body towards the mattress as she stared at the ceiling, her heart beating rapidly.

All that was on her mind, was Namjoo's words.

"You are my whole."

They were words that strummed her feelings, a little to the happy side but it was making her go crazy. Perhaps, she was just overthinking the "whole" part because what else would make her a whole of Namjoo herself? Thoughts engulfed her mind. Clearly, she wouldn't be able to sleep that night because Namjoo was in her bed and the first person to do so since they moved dorms.

But then again, she wondered.

"If Namjoo unnie said that she's my whole, doesn't that mean she's my whole too? That would make us a perfect match because we are so compatible. Is that what she's trying to say?" pondered Hayoung in deep thought. As she turned to her side, she froze. Facing right in her face, was Namjoo. Her eyes still closed as she could hear the whispering sounds of her breath. And what was more important, was her lips. Her delicate lips that were a little dry but still looked so pretty from that view. The maknae hadn't realised how close they were in that moment. Was her bed that small? Or was she just too big?

"Stop talking nonsense and go to sleep Hayoung-ah" said Namjoo all of a sudden as she stretched her arms and pulled the maknae into an embrace, hugging her like a pillow.

"Y-You were awake unnie?!" stuttered the younger girl with a flinch.

"Mm. I did that on purpose. Thank you my knight in shining armour." giggled Namjoo, her eyes still closed.

"WAIT! YOU HEARD ME?!"

"Mm~ you were saying your thoughts out loud. It's cute. Now go to sleep."

"B-But, w-wait, w-what?!"

"Stop moving so much, gosh if you were a pillow I wouldn't buy you." mumbled Namjoo as she pulled her closer, trapping Hayoung in her arms so that she couldn't move.

Hayoung had hoped that Namjoo didn't hear how loud her heart was beating because it was driving her crazy. Why was her body acting up like that all of sudden? She had practically froze in the same position like a statue, feeling the warm touch of her unnie and her breath against her neck.

She needed to calm down. There was nothing wrong with sleeping with her own member. They do that all the time and it went perfectly fine. Why is her body acting so nervous now? Its not the first time either.

"Good night my whole." mumbled Namjoo causing Hayoung to flinch again.

"G-Good night unnie..."

"Hey, you should reply back with my whole."

"A-Ah...." said Hayoung as she cleared . "Good night my whole."

"That's my Hayoungie~" grinned Namjoo as she snuggled her head in between Hayoung's neck and shoulders.

 

 

 

 

The night passed by just like that. Namjoo in Hayoung's arms, in the maknae's own bed, inside the empty dormitory that had just the two of them. A space perfect for two. A moment that they would remember together.

At least, all Hayoung could remember is Namjoo's words. Words that will continue to haunt her dreams and be the very reason for her heart fluttering again.

 

 

 

"My Whole."

 

 

 

 


 

A/N: Just a random Hajoo piece after Namjoo said on V App that Hayoung was not her other half but her whole. We need more Hajoo focused fanfics tbh lol. Anyways, I don't know what other Apink stories I might write onwards, it's almost like a lottery haha. Hope you enjoyed this chapter~ Thank you for reading!

 

P.S: This one shot has been inspired from this tweet :) .