Chapter 6

How do we go against fate?

Sorry for the late update, my phone simply restored and i lost all my drafts... Here's a quick update and i promise to post the next chapter by Saturday ok! i didn't want to squeeze everything into one chapter, afraid that it'd be too much at one go. I hope you guys like it... Please enjoy and do leave comments on how you find Joy so far in this story! and maybe even how you think Irene is gonna react???????? Thank you for th 9 upvotes and 1.5k views!! love you,take care and stay safe!

 

 

 


 

Author’s pov

 

“SON SEUNGWAN WHAT THE ARE YOU DOING?”

 

‘Y-yeri? Y-you’re here? I think i-i killed her..”

 

Wendy sprinted up to Yeri in hopes of comfort, only to be pushed aside. Yeri hurriedly got to Joy’s side, scanning the lifeless body on the cold, hard floor. Blood. There was blood everywhere. Bruises painted her build. Wounds tainted on her limbs. Red hair scattered on the floor.

 

Yeri heard her heart broke a little.

 

She immediately placed two fingers against Joy’s wrist, praying for an indication of life.

 

“God, Dear God, please just let her be alive.” Yeri muttered underneath her breath. 

 

No pulse.

 

“Yeri, oh my God. I am so sorry. I didn’t mean to. I lost control… F-forgive me..”

 

Still no pulse.

 

“Shut the up!”

 

And there it was. Joy’s pulse. But it was faint, it was so very faint. Yeri was losing her. And Yeri was quickly losing her.

 

“CALL THE AMBULANCE NOW!”

 


 

“Mr and Mrs Park, we’re happy to say that we’ve managed to save your daughter. Thankfully, there were no internal damages encountered. However, she has suffered minor wounds, a few broken ribs and a broken nose. It seems that she had lost quite a bit of blood, so we’d have to hold her in here longer. But other than that, rest assure that your daughter is in stable condition. She’s currently sleeping but feel free to visit her. Thank you.”

 

The couple briefly thanked the doctor, not wanting to waste any second to see their daughter. They came scurrying into the ward and there she was. There laid their daughter lying helplessly in the bed. Bandages covered her body. An IV inserted into her pale arm. Light grazes on her cheeks.

 

Tyler felt like his life had been out of him. The guilt and the grief were tugging at his heartstrings. The sadness was wringing his heart dry. With heavy steps, he got closer to his only daughter. Tucking a few stray strands of hair behind her left ear, he lightly caressed her cheeks.

 

“I’m sorry, my princess…. Daddy is so sorry…..”, He called out sadly, clasping her hand in his larger and rougher hands.

 

Mrs Park softly laid her head on his shoulder before engulfing his body in her embrace. His quiet sobs filled the ward, as he finally let his guard down.

 

“Sooyoung.. Whoever did this to you, Daddy will find him. And I swear that I’ll make him pay.”

 


 

“How you feeling now?”

 

The familiar voice caused Joy to turn to the door. Upon seeing the new presence in the room, Joy couldn’t contain the smile playing on her lips.

 

“Yeri-ah!”, She squealed at the top of her voice and held out her two arms.

 

Yeri swiftly got in between her arms,  wrapped her arms around Joy as she gave in to Joy’s warmth. 

 

They stayed still for a few minutes, knowing clearly that both parties needed it more than ever, 

 

Yeri decided to break the silence.

 

“Just when i thought you couldn’t get any uglier, you decided to prove me wrong by getting your nose broken. Way to up yourself huh Joy unnie?”

 

Joy responded with a loud slap on the younger’s back.

 

“YAH! I just started recovering and this is how you treat me?! Disrespectful hoe.”

 

“Even if you were on your deathbed, i wouldn’t let you live unnie.”

 

“I should be mad but i’m just too proud of the total you’ve turned out to be.”

 

Yeri giggled, nuzzling into Joy’s neck. How she had missed this. How Joy had missed this. This was what has been missing from both of their lives these past few months. Joy, breaking her back trying to win Wendy over and Yeri, busy with school and handling her two younger sisters alone. They were just too out of each other’s lives for awhile and clearly, it had been pretty detrimental to themselves. And they’d never want a repetition of that ever again.

 

And at that very moment, they quietly vowed to never leave each other’s side no matter what, unbeknownst to one another.

 

“Unnie… I really thought that i was gonna lose you..” Yeri whispered softly.

 

Joy’s heart twisted painfully. 

 

“You idiot. Do you think i would leave you that easily? The world isn’t ready to lose a gem like me just yet, you know.”

 

Yeri gazed upon Joy longingly, mustered up a shaky smile.

 

“You could have died. If i had been even a second later, you wouldn’t be here! Do you know how scared i was?”, Yeri bemoaned, grasping tightly onto Joy’s shoulders.

 

And it twisted further.

 

Joy faced Yeri, whose eyes were glassy, tears pooling in them. She the younger’s hair.

 

“I’m still here aren’t I? I’m not going anywhere, Yeri-ah. I’m here to stay.”

 

Yeri smiles against her before taking both of the older’s hands in hers.

 

“Unnie.. We need to let Tyler know. We need to let him know that this was all Wendy’s doing!”

 

“Yeri, no.”

 

Yeri’s smile fell.

 

“WHY?!”, Her loud voice bounced off the walls of the room.

 

“If he knows, he will make her life more of a living hell. She’s facing more than enough from him already. And i refuse to make things harder for her. And knowing the amount of power my dad holds, he could have her killed with no further consequences.”

 

Hearing Joy, Yeri concluded that no one could ever come close to Joy as a person.  

 

Hearing Joy, Yeri also concluded that the dumbest people in the world are those who were hopelessly in love.

 

“But she almost killed you! I almost lost you, my only best friend! I almost was left all alone!”

 

Joy dejectedly looked at Yeri, as the tears streamed down her sunken face.

 

“If i lose Wendy, I’ll lose myself too.”