Chapter 3

How do we go against fate?

Hey everyone thank you for the support so far! I really appreciate each and everyone of you ❤️I'm not that amazing of a writer but I try to improve with each chapter that I post  🙏please enjoy and here's a little fluff before things get dirty (:  flashbacks again and pleas communicate with me (: i want to be better for you guys.

 


 

 

Author's pov

 

Wendy grunted for the umpteenth time, kicking the little stones. Things weren't really going her way and she was so frustrated. She was infuriated at Him but who was she to question God when He had her entire life planned out for her and everyone else? But she couldn't contain the fury boiling inside of her tiny body. 

 

She had been caught smoking in the school compound and the principal wasted no time in issuing her a two week suspension. Mom was going to be disappointed. And one thing Wendy vowed never to do was to bring disappointment to her. Even though Wendy's mom had caused the family to be broken apart, she was still Wendy's mom. 

 

How could she bring herself to hate the woman who had given her life?

 

With her head hung down, she made her way to her front porch. She took a bit of time to prepare herself for the inevitable nagging and beating she was about to get. Her eyes wandered around before landing on an unknown pair of shoes. 

 

Wendy's pov

 

"Dad's already home?", I thought to myself. 

 

But we just sent dad off at the airport this morning...

 

Something was up.

 

With the familiar anxious feeling creeping up my skin, I pushed the door wide open. 

 

And there she was. The woman whom I have given nothing but my utmost respect to. There she was busily kissing another man who wasn't Dad. 

 

They were too caught up in their own world that they didn't even realise my presence. 

 

My heart was breaking with each breath I took. This was the woman who told me that when you're in a relationship, give it your all. Stay faithful to your partner. Loyalty is the key to make it work. And she was going against every word she had told me. How ironic. 

 

"Out of all men, you chose this to cheat on dad with?"

 

Both their heads turned towards me, horror and shock masking their faces. 

 

The air grew tense. Mom immediately jumped off from his lap, trying to straighten her clothes as if to remove all evidences. The man avoided having any eye contact with me while my eyes were boring into his skull. He frantically erased the lipstick stains on his face and neck. But it was too late, the damage has been done. I've seen everything. 

 

Mom let out an airy chuckle. She knew she was screwed. After all, i was Dad's little princess. 

 

"Seungwan-ah... Why are you back home so early?"

 

"So you wouldn't get caught? And carry on lying to Dad and I?", my voice cracked and I was taking every ounce left of my pride not to cry. 

 

Mom simply looked down at her shoes as though they were suddenly the most interesting thing in the world. 

 

I pointed at the man. 

 

"Get out." 

 

He scurriedly left, knocking into the table and breaking a photo frame. 

 

Which held our family photo.

 

"Why?"

 

Mom took a look at me for a mere second before heaving a sigh. 

 

"Seungwan-ah.. I just don't love your dad anymore.", she simply said monotonously. It was evident that she wasn't even feeling any tinge of guilt. 

 

My whole world came crashing down hearing those words. Knowing that I as a 12 year old couldn't do anything else to salvage the family, it broke me even further. Why has my life been nothing but pure bull and torture? What did i do in my past life to be thrown these many obstacles at? Why can't I be normal? Why can't I just be happy?

 

With glassy eyes, i looked at Mom. That was me showing her my vulnerable side. That was me showing her that I wasn't ready. That was me showing her that I still needed both of my parents' love and affection. 

 

But what was the use? What was the use of holding on to broken pieces?

 

I shook my head, disappointment pouring out of my every pore. I stepped out of the house, ignoring her cries. I didn't want to be there. I couldn't be in the same room with the woman who gave me life and then taking it away. 

 

I made my way to the park, drowning in my sorrows and my troubles. I vented my frustration and rage to Him, and even going to the extent of questioning His existence. 

 

I was broken out of my reverie when my phone started buzzing.

 

"Dad..", I sniffled, hoping that he could take the hint that I was broken and I needed him there and then. 

 

I heard muffled sobs on the other line. Dad was crying too. 

 

"Princess, Dad loves you okay? No matter what happens, I will always love you. Don't hold any grudges to your mom, she means no harm. Make sure if you ever love someone, love them like it's your last day living."

 

Confusion was consuming my body. My heart was rapidly beating. My palms were sweating. My mind was slowly turning blank. 

 

"Dad, what are you saying? Come back home. Take me away."

 

"Seungwan-ah, I hope to see you soon. Please always stay safe, don't make things hard for your mom. Go back home soon alright sweetheart? I love you."

 

"Dad?! Dad where are you?! Don't leave me! Don't hang up on me Dad! I have nobody else!"

 

I heard a faint "Sir, please get off the ledge!" before the line went completely dead. 

 

That night, my entire life changed. 

 

Irene's pov

 

I was awakened by a sobbing Wendy, desperately grasping onto my arms. 

 

I immediately embraced her frail body, her head. I began whispering soft lullabies to soothe her broken soul. She placed her head on my shoulder to muffle her cries and I traced my finger on her , still holding on tightly in hopes she would know that I would never leave. 

 

We stayed put for a few more minutes as her cries slowly grew softer and she came to a stop. She held my face in her hands before planting kisses everywhere so gracefully. Her tear-stained face glowed brightly as the moonlight shone on her. Wendy was a masterpiece. 

 

I smiled against her lips before doing the same to her. I slowly kissed her, one by one. Her forehead, her eyebrows, her cheeks and her nose. I let my lips linger a little longer on each area, as if I could simply kissed her worries away. 

 

"Why do you love me? How could you love someone so broken?", Wendy whispered into the air, melancholy coating her sweet voice. 

 

I took her hands in mine, kissing each finger. She closed her eyes, leaning into the feeling. 

 

"Someone who is broken still remains as a person. I don't love you because you're broken. I love you as a person. I love you for you. I'm not here to fix you, Wendy. I'm here to stay with you till you're ready to fix yourself."

 

And when her little side dimple appeared, I knew she was contented with my answer. 

 

"I will never get tired of you. Each time you come to me crying, then each time i'll hold you and kiss those tears away.", I tucked her hair behind her ears, climbing onto her lap. 

 

"Now kiss me. You ripped me off of my beauty sleep."



Author's pov

 

The two were fooling around, drowning in each other's eyes. They were happy just with each other's presence. They needed nothing else. They needed no money, no car, no form of any luxury for they had the luxury of loving each other. 

 

They couldn't be bothered with anything else going on around them. They were just too busy living in the moment, their moment. Wendy pulled Irene's beanie down, blocking her vision before pushing her to the ground. The said girl let out a scream followed by a string of incoherent words. She laid still for a bit, dumbfounded before throwing the accessory aside and getting back up to chase after the blonde. 

 

"Yah! You almost ruined my beauty!"

 

Wendy broke into a fit of laughter, avoiding the now red-faced girl. They were sidestepping, each other growing cautious while anticipating each other's next move. 

 

"I'd do anything to win against you, Bae Irene! I never lose in a game of tag!"

 

"You already won when I said yes, you idiot!"

 

Wendy laughed harder at her girlfriend's wittiness. She bent over,  clutching her stomach as she continued laughing. Seeing how Wendy had let her guard down, Irene sprinted up to the oblivious girl and tackling her to the ground. 

 

Irene straddled the bedazzled blonde, holding her arms up in victory. 

 

"I won! Victory is mine! on that, Shon!", Irene hollered in joy before looking down at Wendy and stick her tongue out playfully. 

 

Wendy chuckled, taking in the view of Irene as the sunshine rays kissed every part of her. Wendy marveled at the sight. It was a crime for Bae Joohyun to be this beauteous. 

 

Wendy hated losing. But seeing that smile on Irene's face, Wendy felt like she had won in life. 

 

And she would never quit losing to Irene if that would mean Wendy had the honor to watch how that beautiful smile slowly spreads across her face every single time.