Chapter 5

How do we go against fate?

Hey guys!! please enjoy this chapter and leave some comments down below!!! thank you for waiting and reading this story (-: i really want to communicate with my readers so feel free to message me or follow me on Twitter @geuronimalhae!!! take care guys, stay safe. ps: the girls in Perth are so prettyyyyyyyy.

 

 


 

 

 

Author's pov

 

"Irene no.... you weren't supposed to find out like this."

 

Irene could only force out a scoff. 

 

"So you meant to hide this from me? How much longer, Wendy? Am I a ing joke to you?", Irene lamented. 

 

Irene was now choking back on her tears. She was broken to say the least. She thought everything was sailing smoothly. She was finally filling up the empty spaces. After her soulmate had passed away, Irene was devastated. She had lost all hope, she had given up. 

 

She starved herself for days. She drowned herself in alcohol. She smoked too many fags away. She isolated herself in her dark room. She beat herself up for not being able to save her soulmate. She blamed herself every single day. She dreaded to breathe. 

 

But when she met Wendy, she wanted to be better. She wanted to be the best for Wendy. She slowly picked herself up piece by piece. She began to find herself again. Wendy had made her feel whole again. 

 

"Has these two years meant anything to you? I think about our future, day and night Wendy. I long for us to raise our kids together, to busk in the sun on Sunday mornings, take turns cooking for the family on weekdays. Never has a day gone by that I don't see you in my future. How could you do this to me? You played me like a fool. Who am I going to share my future with now, knowing you're someone else's? WHO WENDY?! WHO WILL LOVE ME?", Irene was growing hysterical, pounding on Wendy's chest. Irene was sobbing uncontrollably, sadness and grief clogging her veins. 

 

Wendy could only close her eyes, holding back her tears. She wrapped her arms around the older girl, hoping that her touch could bring the girl peace. Irene retaliated and tried to break free but Wendy held on. She murmured sorry's over and over again, but both knew that it could not change anything. 

 

Wendy had broken Irene's heart. 

 

Once Irene's sobbing had come to a stop, she reluctantly let herself free from Wendy's hold. 

 

"I think it's best if we just stop seeing each other. Joy has been waiting for you relentlessly. It's time for you to go to her.", Irene didn't mean any of the words but she couldn't be selfish. She couldn't risk Wendy's safety. 

 

On the other hand, each word left a wound on Wendy's heart. Dropping to her knees, she threw aside her ego and pride. 

 

"Irene don't leave me... We can work this out, together. I love you, Irene. What would I be without you?", Wendy begged, hoping to tug on Irene's heartstrings. 

 

It took every bit of Irene's will not to look down for she knew she would come crawling back if she did. She lifted her head up higher, looking anywhere else but Wendy. 

 

"We're not meant to be, Seungwan-ah. I'm not your soulmate. We can't go against our fate.", Irene bemoaned. 

 

Wendy wrapped herself around Irene's knees. She didn't want to let go just yet, not when her last two years had been nothing but colourful thanks to Irene. 

 

"We can run away together, Irene. We have nothing to fear.", Wendy looked up to Irene with hopeful eyes and quivering lips. 

 

Irene still refused to budge. She had to be strong for both Wendy and herself.

 

"Irene please... We can take this risk."

 

And that blew Irene off. 

 

"AND RISK OUR LIVES, WENDY?! WE COULD DIE, WENDY! IS DEATH SOMETHING TRIVIAL TO YOU?! WHEN SEULGI WAS TAKEN AWAY FROM ME, MY WHOLE WORLD CRUMBLED DOWN! AND YOU WANT JOY TO GO THROUGH WHAT I DID?!", Irene was fuming. Upon the sudden trigger of flashbacks of her and Seulgi, Irene was pissed. 

 

"We could die, Seungwan-ah! And I'm not letting that happen to you. I'm not worth that much."

 

Irene hesitantly ripped Wendy off of her before heading towards the door. 

 

"Thank you for the two years, Wendy. You'll always be the one I love. I wish you and Joy all the best. Please treat her right."

 

And Irene was gone, far into the night. 

 

Irene's pov

 

Mom held me in her weak and frail arms throughout the night. My heart was so broken. It felt like I had gone to my old, empty self. I felt like I had no purpose to live any longer. Why do the people I love end up being taken away from me?

 

"Mom... why did Wendy lie to me? Am I not even worthy of basic trust?", i whispered into Mom's chest. 

 

She my head so gently, as if any added pressure could crush me.  

 

"Don't blame Seungwan. She must have her reasons. Don't be too quick to judge. She's a good kid, I'm sure of it."

 

"Why do you love her that much, mom? She broke my heart."

 

My mom giggled, before shaking her head and patting my cheeks. 

 

"How could I not love the girl who has brought my daughter so much happiness?"

 

I looked down in embarrassment. 

 

"After Seulgi died, I wasn't sure I would have my old daughter back. The days that followed after her death were dark and hollow. I lost you, my baby. It felt like you had died along with her. But Seungwan changed all of that. She brought you back, my sweet daughter back. So tell me, how can I not love her?"

 

Mom was smiling with so much hope glistening in her eyes. She brushed back my hair, before planting a kiss on my forehead. 

 

"I agree that it's a pretty big risk you two have on your shoulders. But what's the point of living if it's not with someone you're loving?"

 

Wendy's pov 

 

“Baby… I’m sorry, i didn’t mean for things escalate so quickly.”, the woman i have grown to despise so much called out to me sadly. But i couldn’t care less.  

 

I turned to glare at her with eyes that could kill. The sorrow, pain and anger were evident in my two eyeballs. The girl that was standing in front of me had taken everything away from me. She took Irene away from me…. MY IRENE HAS LEFT BECAUSE OF HER!

 

Feeling the surge of vexation through my body, i raised my hand before slapping her across her face. The vessels in cracked, as blood started to pour out. Feeling satisfied, I threw her down to the floor before thundering down blows on her body. She howled out in pain but my mind was elsewhere. I was too far off to acknowledge her cries.

 

“Why must you exist?! Why do you and your dad continuously torture me? Why can’t you let me be happy?! IRENE MADE ME HAPPY! IRENE WAS MY HAPPINESS! WHY DID YOU TAKE MY ONLY SOURCE OF HAPPINESS AWAY FROM ME!”, I screamed my lungs out, veins throbbing in my neck. I held her by the neck, grabbing her jaw to face me.

 

“I’m sorry Seungwan….”

 

“Don’t call me that, you .”

 

I tightened my hold on her neck, causing her to flail around, gasping for air.

 

I let go.

 

She desperately tried to catch her breath, tears streaming down her from her black eyes.

 

“Why can’t you love me, Wendy? I’ve been waiting for you all this while… I’ve been watching you love someone who wasn’t me, how’d you expect me to respond? I deserve to be loved, Wendy. I can be everything that Ire-“

 

“BE QUIET!”

 

I was pacing up and down in the room, clearly exasperated. 

 

“How many times do i have to say that i won’t love you? HOW MANY ING TIMES BEFORE IT GETS TO THAT LITTLE STUPID MIND OF YOURS?! You just had to reveal yourself to Irene and now she doesn’t want me anymore.. I am alone in this world, Joy. I have no one, Irene was the only one. And you took that away from me.”, I cried out in melancholy.

 

The things I would do just to have Irene back.

 

“I can be there for you, Wendy. You just have to let me in. You need to trust me.”

 

And for a moment, I nearly let my guard down. Not until I faced her and all i could see was Tyler staring back at me, a sadistic glee painting his face. He was mocking me. He was mocking my pain and misery.

 

The next few moments were blurry. All i could remember were his pleading and begging for me to stop. 

 

I smiled in victory upon seeing his lifeless body no longer responding to my now bloodied hands.