Chapter 1

How do we go against fate?

Wendy’s Pov

 

What a beautiful being you are. How did i find my way to you? How was it possible that God aligned our steps to each other? 

 

I consumed in my thoughts of you as you hummed along to our favourite song.

 

“Babe, why do always you look at me like that?”, your sweet voice rang in my ear. 

 

I turned to face you, holding your face gently upon my two hands.

 

“How do i look at you, Joohyun-ah?”

 

You smile.

 

“You look at me like I am the only one you see.”

 

Chuckling, I pressed my forehead against yours. I kissed your lips.

 

“You are my only one. The only one.”

 

A familiar feeling crept up your skin as your cheeks took on a dark pink color.

 

 

Irene’s Pov

 

Loving Wendy is easy. Loving Wendy was something that came so naturally to me. Like i had known her all my life. Like she was my soulmate.

 

Wendy is full of surprises. Each day, she surprises me with a new reason for me to fall deeper for her. Wendy has flaws, many flaws. But I grew to love them for they had moulded Wendy into the person she is today. For despite all her flaws, she still loves me fearfully. 

 

Wendy is selfless. She relentlessly put others before her, bearing weights of others’ happiness instead of hers. 

 

Wendy’s beauty goes beyond words. Hey eyes gleam with so much brightness. Her smile is enough to make my heart stop for a moment. Her heart is made of pure gold. Her dimple is my weakness.

 

Loving Wendy is easy because she makes me feel so lovely. And i often think about how lovely it is to love someone so lovely.

 

The society may look down upon our relationship. For we are obliged and required to engage in a relationship only with our assigned soulmates.

 

But how could i love someone else when Wendy was love?

 

How do i clean my body of Wendy’s gentle touches? How do I clean my lips of her sinful lips? How do i erase my memories of being with her?

 

How could i ever love someone who isn’t her?

 

Wendy is, and will always be my soulmate.

 

 

Author’s Pov

 

Wendy took a long drag before releasing the dark, grey cloud. She watches as the smoke seeps into the atmosphere. She sighs. Would Irene leave her like that? Just like how the smoke crawls underneath Wendy’s skin, deprives Wendy of oxygen and as Wendy reluctantly breathes out, it fades away?

 

No. Irene would never do that. It’s been two years of love, bliss and happiness. Irene could never do that. Irene holds her like any sudden movement would break Irene. Irene kisses her like her life depended on it. Irene makes Wendy feel like she is the only one who mattered. Wendy loves her, every bit of her. 

 

Finding Irene was Wendy finding herself. 

 

Wendy shakes her head vigorously, ridding her mind of the bad thoughts.

 

“Isn’t that your fifth stick?”

 

There she was, the love of Wendy’s life. Standing at the door, arms crossed and her brows furrowed.

 

And yet, she still looks so beautiful.

 

“So you plan on dying before me, Wendy?’

 

Wendy giggles, stubbing her cigarette before making her way to Irene.

 

“I don’t want our kids to live without both of their moms.”

 

Irene always talked about the future, their future. Her heart swells at the thought. It was heartwarming to meet someone who sees you in their world as much as you do. Someone who sees you in their future as much as you do.

 

“Yah Bae, who said I’d want to have babies with you? Or even marry you?” A playful smirk played on Wendy’s lips.

 

Irene pouted. 

 

And that image made Wendy squeal silently, igniting an itch in her to kiss her girlfriend.

 

She shuts her eyes and leans closer only to be met by cold, empty air.

 

“TIMEOUT FOR YOU SHON, STAND OUTSIDE AND REFLECT ON WHAT YOU JUST SAID!”

 

“IRENE, I’M 25!”

 

“UM NO YOU’RE WENDY AND STAY THERE TILL YOU DECIDE IF YOU WANNA WIFE ME UP OR NOT!”

 

Irene slams the door shut. Wendy groans. 

 

Here’s to another night of sleeping alone on the couch. Yay.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

But Wendy wakes up to find Irene in her arms.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

How's the first chapter? This story was originally meant for kryber but seeing how much wenrene has been feeding us.. i just couldn't. Hope this chapter satisfies. take care, stay safe (-: