Chapter 6

I See You

SEONGWOO’S POV

 

TWO DAYS AFTER

 

My clock struck on 9:00am and I woke up. Woojin was taken by my sister yesterday and they went back to Japan. It was again peaceful, but I found myself not moving on my bed and was waiting for some particular noise. After few minutes, I heard someone outside shouting my name, later I realize that I was smiling like a fool.

 

“Hyuuungggg~~” I don’t know why but each day I found it more pleasing on the ears Daniel’s voice calling me hyung. I got up and found my way to the door and open it.

 

“Good morning, hyung~” Daniel sang. “Morning too, Niel-ah.” I responded as nice as I can. I am in a pleasing Monday anyways. We did the same routine we had every morning, he cooks food for us and I insist then he made me feel guilty and the cycle repeats. We talked about random things and as usual he’s kind of funny, another reason why my morning is good.

 

“Hyung, do you remember what I told you when we first ate together?” Daniel suddenly asked me.

 

“Hmmm, I don’t know what it is, just spill the beans!”

 

“When I asked you about where and what place is good for picnicking and cruising,” he said. There’s a slight sulk on his statement hinting me to guess it.

 

“So what about it?” I answered him plainly, I wonder what his face is right now.

 

“Park…”

 

“Park? Park Bo Gum” I showed a confused look.

 

“World Cup Park, hyung! You suggested me the place and you promised to go with me there!” He is throwing tantrums right now and I badly wanted to see his face but luck’s not on my side.

 

“Let’s go there now!” he exclaimed. I almost choke on my food when he suddenly said that we’ll go there now.

 

“Wait, now? Why?” I asked back.

 

“Hyung, I’m here to tour okay? I’m new here, remember? I don’t have any schedule today, and I already prepared everything.”

 

“O-okay…” I just stuttered and I don’t know why, I just can’t say no to him.

 

 

DANIEL’S POV

 

I am really excited to go into the park. I just lied that I prepared everything though, I just wanted to hang out with Seongwoo. Instead of renting a car, Seongwoo insisted that we’ll just commute on a bus because it was expensive if I rent one. We sat on a bus that was face-to-face seats and we both seated on different sides. I talk too much actually due to my excitement and I’m happy that I can make Seongwoo giggle on my antics. Then after a while I became silent, his face caught my attention. He is really handsome. I was amazed how beautiful those three moles on his cheek that formed into a constellation. His nose was in perfect shape and even though he is blind, his eyes were glistening on my sight and it really suit his actor like face. My heart’s beat became faster and I felt blood run towards my cheeks, I feel like a high school girl giggling in front of his crush. I calmed myself and I sighed, then…

 

“Kang Daniel, why are you staring at me?”

 

“Omo! Hyung, did you saw me?” I exaggeratedly exclaimed.

 

“Nah, I just felt your breath on my hands and it was clear that you are facing me.”

 

“Hehehe, sorry.” I giggled like a kid, I came up with a plan, bet it was interesting. I placed my face in front of him again and this time I formed my lips like I was going to kiss him. I intentionally breathed in front of him.

 

“Did you see that, hyung?” I’m controlling myself not to laugh.

 

“What? Are you plotting something evil? I just felt your breath few seconds ago.” Seongwoo said innocently. “Nothing.” I murmured like a kid and that just made Seongwoo-hyung clueless.

 

 

“We’re here!” I screamed.

 

“Yah, Kang Daniel! Don’t shout…” he nagged but I immediately caught his hand and brought him to Nanji Hangang.

 

“Let’s have a river cruise hyung!” I assisted him to get into the boat. Since I wanted to sit beside him, I brought a worker to us to paddle the boat. They understand the situation of Seongwoo so they agreed to have us one. The paddler instructed us what to do and not what to do. I nodded my head and me and Seongwoo seated on the edge of the boat. Even if the boat is not moving that fast I can still feel the autumn breeze that wafted into our bodies. It is cold wind but it is very soothing. I looked at Seongwoo and he was just savoring the wind.

 

“Hyung, are you cold?” I didn’t wait for his reply and I already came closer to him and put my right hand on his shoulders.

 

“Kang Daniel, what are you doing? Get off me…” he respond to me in a whispery voice with a slight of anger but definitely he’s not angry.

 

“Wae?” I move him closer to me with all smile. I’m enjoying his reaction on my actions though. I was all smile from ear to ear.

 

“There’s many people and ahjussi was just in front of us.”

 

“I don’t care.” I respond while chuckling.

 

“Kang Daniel…” his tone became serious. I really enjoyed teasing him. He slapped my shoulders and I exaggeratedly cried in pain even if it is not painful.

 

“Serves you right,” he was laughing now. I felt satisfied and I came back beside him, closer.

 

“Can you move?” he sounded like irritated.

 

“Nah, there’s no space left anymore here. It’s getting darker, I think it’ll rain.” I lied and I opened the umbrella and I put my hand over his shoulder once again.

 

“Yah, Kang Daniel! I hate you. Move there now,” he is hitting me once again. The ahjussi who was watching was laughing on our childish actions.

 

“Mianhae, ahjussi. This guy is just an idiot” Seongwoo said as he heard ahjussi chuckled a bit.

 

“Yah, hyung. I’m not an idiot! I’ll move now okay…” I said like I was hurt on what he said but he didn’t budge. He patted the space where I was seated before to ensure if I already moved. “Good, thank you!” He said like he was won on an argument.

 

I positioned myself like a dog and my face was an inch closer on his cheek. “You’re welcome~” I whispered to him in a breathy voice. “Kang Daniel! I’m gonna kill you!” he shivered in response and he shouted while trying to torture me with his smacks. His face was as red as tomato. We settled up a bit and talked about how wonderful this place is and what we will do next. As I getting my pace to again, I decided that I wanted to hug him.

 

“HYUNG! There’s a shark!!” I shouted and I intentionally jumped into him and embraced him faking a scared reaction. He was startled and he stopped at the moment until he realized that we’re just in a river.

 

“Yah!! Idiot Kang Daniel...” He was annoyed and tortured me once again. We just end up laughing until we get off from the boat. I never felt so satisfied like this before.

 

As we get off the boat, it was already lunch time. We looked for a convenience store or a mini restaurant to have our lunch.

 

“Hey, I thought we’re going to have a picnic!” Seongwoo-hyung complained.

 

“Hehehe. I’m sorry hyung, I forgot to bring the food.” I lied.

 

“Aigoo~ you’re really such an idiot.” He just laugh it off. We found a small restaurant around the area and we fill our empty stomachs.

 

“Let’s go to Haneul Sky Park next!”

 

 

SEONGWOO’S POV

 

For the nth time, I keep on calling Daniel idiot this day. I don’t know but I felt that we’re becoming closer day by day. He already teased me a lot today and I just can’t help being flustered on what he was doing to me. After lunch at the small restaurant, since Daniel was an idiot for not carrying the food for a picnic, we will be going to Haneul Park. I don’t know if it is a good idea for us to go there. I mean for me not for Daniel since we need to go up with 291 stairs before reaching the top and I don’t think if I can do it especially right now that I’m blind. Since this was for Daniel after all, I’ll do it.

 

“Hyung, is there any problem?” he asked as I think he saw my sigh.

 

“Nothing, I’m just full,” I flashed a smile wondering if I’m totally facing him actually.

 

“Let’s go!!!” he is really excited, isn’t he?

 

We are now in the foot of the Haneul Park, I offered him to just ride a small bus to get on the top but he insist. He said he wants to enjoy the 291 stairs, the views and the cold breeze that was wafting the area. I was taken aback for a moment as he hold my hand.

 

“I don’t want you to lose on my sight, and the fact that we are taking stairs. You’ll have a hard time,” my cheeks turned red as he said that. My cold hands now were warm due to Daniel’s hand. As we took the stairs, I felt calm and satisfied on Daniel’s reaction on the grass that were turning into brown.

 

“Do you know that this park was a landfill before?” I said. I wanted to say the history of the park, okay.

 

“Yep, I read it online. Isn’t it amazing?” he said with full amazement.

 

“Yeah, but wait when we reach on top…” he became silent. A few minutes later, I tripped myself for not stepping on the next step. Luckily, Daniel caught me by his hands. I didn’t track our steps so I don’t know if we reach already or we’re too far yet. I noticed that I was being carried out on land and found myself on the back of Daniel. He piggybacked me out of nowhere, blood rushing through my cheeks again and I felt hot even though it was cold.

 

“Niel-ah, you can put me down…” I commanded to Daniel.

 

“Nope, you’re tired enough to go through. Just let me piggyback you. No more complaining, okay?” he said those words in a gentle manner and somehow I feel comfortable. I rested my head on his shoulder and murmured a ‘thank you’ in his ears.

 

I was kind of sleepy due to the warmth of the back of Daniel but I must not sleep while my heart was beating so fast. Kang Daniel making my heart go crazy again, this idiot, really. I hope he will not feel my heart’s current situation.

 

“Hyung, we’re almost there!” he exclaimed and I felt we’ll rushing towards the top and I just realized that he was running.

 

“Yah, Daniel—”

 

“I won’t let you fall hyung. Don’t worry I will never ever let you hurt.” Idiot Daniel making me flushed again.

 

A minute later he finally put me down. I can finally breathe again.

 

“Whoaa~~” Daniel was amazed, I think.

 

“Hyung, look! The eulalias were turning into brown!” he was like a kid.

 

“Yep, those eulalias will be fully grown when they’re brown and perfectly tanned, it was a sight to see during autumn and winter!” I explained to him.

 

We walk and walk and I think he is taking photos on the view. “Hyung, let me take a photo of you.” he requested. He positioned me and I just smiled, I don’t dare to take a pose because maybe I’ll be awkward you know. This time, I didn’t closed my eyes. I don’t know if I’m facing the camera accurately but it is better than being my eyes closed. “I’ll be taking a selfie of us okay~” he hummed and I think he’s done.

 

“Niel-ah, since it was still the start of November maybe we can visit the southern part.” I suggested him.

 

“What’s in there hyung?”

 

“These eulalias and cogongrasses were the northern part of the park and sunflowers and buckwheat was at the southern part. Since it was still not totally winter, maybe we can see—I mean you can see the still blooming flowers there.”

 

“Okay, let’s go there!” he said and he held my hands again as we travel to the southern part.

 

As we get there, I heard some of the people murmurings and I’m sure that there’s a lot of people here. It’s only normal though since this month is the peak season, the flowers will wither soon and later on the northern part will have too many people during winter.

“Whoa, you’re right, hyung! We can still see the blooming flowers! Look at those sunflowers!” I just smiled at him and he apologized.

 

“Just enjoy the view first Niel-ah, take some photos or just do anything. I’ll just sit here and wait for you.” I said to himself and I didn’t heard any response, maybe he already left huh. I guess I’ll be alone for now. I really hope that Daniel would enjoy here and I was not just a disturbance to him. After just within 10 minutes, someone hugged me from the back. I knew it was him.

 

“Kang Daniel, what are you doing? I thought you already roamed around.” I tried to nag him

 

“I already finished roaming around hyung” he answered still hugging my neck.

 

“Can you not hug me right now? There’s a lot of people!” I whispered to his ear annoyingly.

 

“No. I like it like this,” he’s being childish again like from the boat huh. I pinched his hand painfully and he screamed in pain. I just smiled in victory and I don’t know why I am satisfied.

 

“Ouch, hyung~ why did you do that?”

 

“You’re too childish, you know.”

 

“It’s your fault though, this place was so romantic. All I see was couples around here. You didn’t said anything about that or maybe you are thinking that you and me—“

 

“Y-y-yah! Don’t say things like that. I didn’t know it too, okay.” he’s literally making me blush again. This stupid Daniel!

 

“Eyyy, hyung~ tell me the truth! Admit it hyung that you l—.“ I was getting redder and redder, I caught his face and shut his mouth with my hand.

 

“Shut up, Kang Daniel.” Now I heard him laughing his out. We continued arguing once again and ended up laughing and laughing. I never been so glad like this before.

 

It was already sunset and Daniel said that we must go now. He clasped our hands without warning and that got me every time he do it. We stayed a bit on the northern part on the eulalias, since I wanted him to see the beautiful view of Seoul as it is better here than in Namsan tower. He exclaimed in pure admiration and that was satisfying on my ears.

 

“Hyung, the sunset is so amazing here. I can take you here again when you can see again. I promise that,” I felt the sincerity on his voice and I just smiled back at him. I was shivering in cold until it was lessen when Daniel draped his jacket over me. Again, he clamped our hands and it didn’t fail me to surprise. But the next thing he did was really made me froze on my spot. He kissed me… on the cheeks.

 


Author's note:

This chapter was a pure fluff. I knew I failed at it though. Hope you like this chapter even though it kinda rushed. I was busy this past few days until next month and I can't find time to type new chapters, so I just have this one rushed failed fluff chapter. Every angst story needs some chapters like this, so I made (another) one. Thank you for the subscribers and the readers. And btw, I don't have any knowledge on Seoul tourist spots so I will just leave it to your imagination...

 

I decided that I'll finish this story before the year ends so that I can start my MinHwan/OngNiel fic that I was excited to write. Please comment down below about your thoughts about this chapter. Did I write too bad for you liking or just too plain?