Chapter 4

I See You

SEONGWOO’S POV

 

“Kang Daniel by the way,” Daniel said and he rushes to eat.

 

“Okay…” I just plainly said.

 

“Won’t you ask for my name too?” I noticed that he suddenly became silent, I thought that my response was kind of rude, so I decided to break his silence.

 

“Ah, y-yeah. What’s your name again?” he said on a nervous tone. I find that cute though.

 

“Seongwoo. Ong Seongwoo,” I chuckled a bit because of his tone.

 

“Wait—Ong? Isn’t it—?” he said with a hesitation.

 

“Yeah, Ongs are rare. And I’m not kidding okay. It is Ong, not Gong, Hong, and Song.” I knew he was going to ask about my surname and he’ll brag about how rare Ongs are so I cut what will he going to ask. I’m kinda used to those questions when I’m introducing myself.

 

“Whoa… What a unique name you got there, hyung!” he said with an exaggerated tone, but I liked it. Then there’s again that hyung.

 

“By the way, how old are you, Daniel?” I was curious okay, he keeps on calling me hyung.

 

“I’m 22.” He answered. “I’m 23, isn’t that obvious that I’m older?” Do I look old these days? I can’t see my face though, so yeah just accept the reality.

 

“Nah, you’re just mature than me. And you still look beautifully handsome.” I don’t know why but I am pleased with what he said.

 

“Yah, Kang Daniel don’t say things like that. I can’t even see myself.”

 

“It is true, hyung! I’m not kidding! Even guys may fall for you. Maybe also me, who knows?” he was giggling on what he said. His giggle made me comfortable, I never heard someone who giggled that way.

 

“Who will fall in love with a blind person anyway?” I said with a slight disappointment.

 

“Me.” Daniel said out of nowhere. I was surprised. I was left speechless, I didn’t expect that he’ll say those words and had the confident to tell me. “I gotta go hyung! See you tomorrow!” he said as he hustled off.

 

 

THIRD PERSON'S POV

 

It was still early in the morning, Daniel went to see Seongwoo again. However, he noticed that Seongwoo wasn’t still on his morning routine (sitting on his terrace) so he assumed that Seongwoo was still sleeping. “Hyung!” he shouted right in front of Seongwoo’s house, however there was no feedback. Daniel was aggressive so he yelp out a rooster cackle which was heard on the farmlands to wake up Seongwoo.

 

Seongwoo, after hearing the rooster sound, finally woke up. He was startled why there’s a sound like that. He heard someone calling him hyung and he immediately find his way throughout the door.

 

“Yah, Daniel-ah, what’s up? It’s still early in the morning!” he said to Daniel half-awake from the door. Daniel, as he saw Seongwoo, surprised.

 

“H-h-hyung, why are you still ?”

 

“W-whaat?! Omo! Yah, Kang Daniel, I hate you!” Seongwoo touched his body and he was really still on his underwear. He draped his hands on his body and immediately entered his house.

 

Seongwoo put his clothes on and went out after a few minutes.

 

“Now what, Niel-ah?”

 

“I cooked breakfast, hyung. I knew you can’t cook so I just happen to cook some for you too. I already prepared everything on your table, so eat up.” Daniel explained with all smile. He then went to the foldable chair he brought beside on the plants. Seongwoo seated on the chair and he flashed a smile because someone had taking good care of him.

 

“Thank you!” Seongwoo said gladly.

 

“Awww, I’m glad you’re thankful. That was quite good to hear,” Daniel responded.

 

“Thank you because I’m still alive. I was not poisoned on what I ate yesterday.” Seongwoo said back to Daniel with a mischievous smile. Daniel only pouted and sighed with a slight hurt expression.

 

“Eat with me, Niel-ah. You can’t be eating on the ground.” Seongwoo said as he heard Daniel too far on the table. “Nah, I’m okay here, hyung.” Daniel answered.

 

“You don’t want, okay.”

 

“No—no hyung, I’ll join you. I’m just kidding.” Daniel chuckled and proceeded to the table.

 

“Hyung, you look happy today. Mind to share what happen?” Daniel opened the conversation.

 

“Of course, who wouldn’t happy if they’re not poisoned right?” Seongwoo chuckled a bit, teasing Daniel.

 

“Yah, hyung. Are you still doubting me?” Daniel said with an exasperated tone.

 

“Just kidding, okay. Don’t be mad!” Seongwoo said while still laughing. As he ready to put the food on his mouth, he suddenly choked on what Daniel said.

 

“I never thought you sleep , hyung” Daniel blurted out. “Kang Daniel.” Seongwoo was a bit angry as of now. Daniel liked what he was seeing. He found Seongwoo cute while annoyed, so he more.

 

“You’re so hot when I saw you , hyung.” Daniel reached his face to Seongwoo’s ears and whispered those words in a raspy, breathy, teasing voice. Seongwoo had goosebumps reacting to the sensation he felt. His cheeks were already red also. Daniel keeps on laughing quietly while he was looking at Seongwoo, he really was having fun.

 

“Kang Daniel, you want to die?” Seongwoo trying to act cool and irritated, however his face was getting redder and redder. Daniel found out that whenever Seongwoo was mad, he call him on his full name.

 

“Sorry okay. It’s just fun to see you irritated. You’re so cute whenever you’re mad.” Daniel explained making Seongwoo flustered even more.

 

“The weather is good today, doesn’t it? It made me want to stroll around Seoul and chill. Don’t you have any suggestions where I should I go, hyung? I want some place where I can ride a boat though and have a picnic or a park would be nice also.”

 

“Why not just go to Han River? Besides, you can do anything there.”

 

"Nah, I think there are many people there.”

 

“Hmmm… let’s see, what about World Cup Park? I bet you still didn’t go there yet. The park was divided into five parks. If you want to hike just go to Haneul or Noeul Park. If you want to have a picnic Pyeonghwa and Nanjicheon Park. There are also water activities there since you like to have a cruise, Nanji Hangang Park is the best choice. And since the season is autumn, you must also try hiking on Haneul Park, even if it is just reeds and redwood trees, there’re still a lot of attractions and it is still fun having a trip there.”

 

“If you want to go there, from here you can take a bus ride to Mapo-gu or just ride a train which is faster.”

 

“Whoa, you’re quite knowledgeable hyung, are you perhaps a tour guide?” Daniel exclaimed with pure amazement.

 

“I am a tour guide.” Seongwoo let out a chuckle.

 

“Really? What a coincidence! Hmmm… What if you’ll go with me hyung? I’m still quite new here.” Daniel excitedly suggested to Seongwoo. Seongwoo only flashed a sad smile thinking that it was impossible since he is blind. He can’t enjoy even he’ll join Daniel and also the fact that Daniel was still a stranger to him. Daniel noticed Seongwoo’s forced smile.

 

“Don’t worry hyung, I’ll shoulder all the expenses. I’ll prepare the food, the transportation fees, it’s all with me.”

 

“Kang Daniel, are you blind? You see that I’m blind, I understand your generosity but I just can’t accept it.” Seongwoo said with a hint of disappointment.

 

“What now if you’re blind hyung? Keep in your mind that, I will serve as your eyes while you’ll be my tour guide.” Daniel replied back in a soft and comforting voice.

 

Seongwoo was taken aback on what Daniel have said. He can’t control himself but to smile. His cheek became red once again and tried to hold back the liquid that was forming on his eyes. Daniel noticed again Seongwoo’s expression since he’s been staring at Seongwoo for a long time. His lips just formed a satisfied smile.

 

 

It was already morning and as usual Seongwoo woke up when his clock had sounded. He immediately rushed to his closet and trying to find a decent attire for his trip together with Daniel. Even though he can’t identify what were his clothes, he can pinpoint if it is a jacket, long sleeved or just a plain shirt. Seongwoo just picked a random long-sleeved sweatshirt since it was getting cold anyways. He also picked a random jeans on his closet. He knew himself that all of his jeans were decent either way.

 

After he finished preparing himself, he found himself sitting in front of the mirror. He sighed deeply as he imagined himself seeing his face on the mirror. He thought that he would be nicer if he can face the mirror and he’ll be sure to look handsome in front of Daniel. Unfortunately, he did not. He tried to put a lip gloss on his lips but he had a hard time applying it to his lips.

 

In no time, while he was trying to put makeups on his face, trying to look handsome, he suddenly heard someone shouting numerous phrases of ‘hyungs’ outside his house. He was surprised that Daniel arrived already, since he was unsure about his look, he just removed all the makeups on his face by wiping wet wipes all over his face. “Being natural shows how handsome you are, Seongwoo.” He just said to himself and headed out to his house.

 


 

DANIEL’S POV

 

I woke up early this morning so that I can prepare myself for my date with Seongwoo. I knew this was not really a ‘date’ but just a get together. I was just amazed with myself because I succeeded in forcing him to go with me. We’ve just been met for three days yet I already persuaded him to have a date with me. Well it is not literally a date though, but isn’t it still great?

 

We talked about the parks yesterday but I won’t bring him there for now. Actually, I was excited about that idea on the park together with him. However, I needed time to prepare so that our date there—trip I mean, would be perfect. I wanted him to experience somewhat romantic since he’s been alone on his house. I want to be his happy pill whenever he’s sad and that’s the reason why I wanted to make friends with him.

 

Also, I didn’t imagine that I will be preparing myself on a date again. It was still way back, probably 4 years, since I last dated, this whole preparing thing brings back memories. I am still not used with my new hair also, however, I look great with this new hairstyle and my new hair color looks good for me compare from all the colors that I used in the past.

 

I wore a black long-sleeved shirt with a plain white tee inside. I picked a blue ripped jeans and a black pair of shoes. I’m not that fashionable person by the way but whatever I wear, I don’t understand why I look so stylish in every angle. Maybe I was born a God of good looks? Okay, that was cringey. I looked at the mirror once again and I winked (again it was cringey), and I proceeded to Seongwoo’s house.

 

When I came on his terrace, it was already 8:30 in the morning and I think he already prepared himself. “Hyung! I’m here!” I shouted from the outside so that he’ll know that I’m already here. I called him again twice and he shouted back telling me that he’ll be fast.

 

In few minutes he finally get out on his house. I was stunned on his look as of now. How can he be so handsome naturally? I know he didn’t put any makeups on his face but he still look handsome. I was in awe to the point that I didn’t hear what he had said.

 

“Yah, Niel-ah. Are you there? Where are you?”

 

“I-I’m here, hyung. Let’s go.” I was never been so nervous in front of a guy before.

 

“Where are we going by the way? Isn’t on the World Cup Park?” he suddenly asked in a cute tone. Why would he do that? I felt something squirmish on my stomach, it was good though.

 

“N-n-not yet, hyung. I’ve been planning that w-we’ll go to N Seoul Tower for today.” I said nervously. Only Ong Seongwoo made me like this, my god.

 

“Why there? My co-workers will saw me there like this.” He said with a sad tone.

 

“Why not? That was a good thing hyung, even if you’re in this situation you can still live normally okay. Besides, you have your leave until your blindness fade away, right?” I persuaded him again and gladly he didn’t argue anymore.

 

“Let’s go?” I offered my hand yet he brought his cane together with him.

 

“Hyuuuunggg~ don’t take your cane with you okay? I’m here, you’ll look old with that cane.” I laughed out loud imagining him with a cane while strolling.

 

“Oh, okay. I’ll trust you,” he said. I took his hand, and again I felt butterflies squirming on my stomach once again. His hands were gentle and soft and it really fits mine! I never imagined in the first place to hold his hand, I’m an idiot.

 

We rode in bus to get there. We seated on a seat for three person. Seongwoo sat beside the window while I sat beside the aisle of the bus leaving the center a space for both of us. He’s still uncomfortable when I was so close or sitting to him with contact. I respected him to that. Few minutes later, we finally arrived on tower.

 

“Where do you want to go, hyung?” I asked him. “I thought you’re the one who will roam around, I’m just your companion, Niel-ah.” He replied.

 

“That’s why I brought you here, hyung. You used to work on this place, so I thought you know where the good places are. Remember you’re my tour guide, right?” I said showing my excitement.

 

“Okay, okay. Let’s go to digital observatory first then maybe we can visit the attractions near the mountain also. Then we’ll have a lunch on any restaurants here, there are numerous restaurants here by the way. And we can unwind on the roof terrace if you want or just visit the booths inside the tower. What’s your pick?” I was in awe, I didn’t expect he was excited on this trip.

“Let’s just visit the mountain first since were already outside.” I just said still on a state of being surprised.

 

We stroll around the mountain first, it was breezy here. I’m glad that it is not sunny outside, I saw people having their picnic here, and I didn’t know that. We just walk and walk there with our hands clamped together feeling the wind shrouding over us.

 

“Oh my god! I didn’t knew there was a mini zoo here!” I was amazed because it was only a small picnic area yet there were animals here.

 

“Yeah, there’s a lot. I’m surprised when I saw it on my first time also,” Seongwoo explained chuckling due to my childish reaction.

 

“Look at that monkey! There’s also a peacock! And oh my god! There were also kittens?! Wait, what? Why there are kittens here hyung?” I was confused okay, why would a zoo keep cats.

 

“Since this was only a mini zoo, Niel-ah… Those were rare species though. Aren’t they cute?” he said with all smiles and he patted my head due to my silliness.

 

“Let’s take a photo with the kittens, hyung! I really love cats.” I brought Seongwoo beside me and the kittens. “Hyung, closer…Oh, I’m sorry” I just realized about his eyes so I just s my hands on his waist to pull him closer to me. “Look at the upper right hyung,” he diligently looked at the direction and had an eye-closed smile. I thought that was clever and I snapped the camera of my phone.

 

After that, we had our lunch on HanCook restaurant. “Are you enjoying the trip, Niel-ah?” Seongwoo asked to me. “Deh, I was glad I brought you also, it made me more happier.” I replied sincerely. I noticed he flashed a smile secretly but I still saw it. It was hard being on his situation, indeed.

 

We continued our trip on tower on the booths inside. However, Seongwoo rested on a bench near the booths so I let him sit for a while and he said I can roam around there and I’ll sure to come back of course. A particular booth caught my attention, it was a booth that sells music boxes. The booth had a vintage feels on it, matching the color of the wooden music boxes which I can say antiques. There are many music boxes displayed however there this particular music box that caught my attention. My eyes were on a hand cranked music box, it was the only hand cranked music box there so I bought it before someone can.

 

“Hyung, are you listening to music boxes?” I wanted to give him the music box that I bought.

 

“Sometimes. I had this full compilation playlist of music box tunes on my music player. Whenever I feel sad or wanting to go sleep, I just listened to my music box playlist.”

 

“But you know what hyung, it is still different with the actual music box. Here, I bought this for you.” I hand him the music box and he gladly accepted it. He opened the music box but he stayed still.

 

“Is this broken? It doesn’t sound.” I laughed a bit on his actions. “I’m sorry hyung, it was a hand cranked music box. Let me help you with it.” I hold his hand and placed it on the small lever of the music box and a soothing music enveloped over us.

 

“You know why I picked this music box hyung?”

 

“Why?”

 

“It is because you need to work hard first before you obtain anything what you want, just like this music box, you need to reel the lever first before you can hear the blissful sound.” I explained in a soft voice and I didn’t know that it made him flustered.

 

After that, I wanted to go at the roof terrace. He said he didn’t want to go there, but I really wanted to explore the places here so I persuaded him badly until he accepts. We stayed there a few minutes until it was sunset. It was great to see the sunset on the tower. I brought Seongwoo on a photo booth there. Then I also brought him to a fortune telling machine. After I get the photos, I noticed that his expression was off compare to the photos we took at the mountain, he looks sad and somewhat on the verge of tears.

 

“Hyung, are you all right?” I am concerned on him right now.

 

“I’m okay, Niel-ah. Maybe I’m just tired already. Can we just get home?” he said to me in a silent voice where I can sense the sadness behind his words.

 

“O-okay, hyung” I am really worried about him. On the way home, he was looking far away with his poker face. I wonder what did I do with him, I’m very curious. I must be his happy pill right? Did I do something wrong?

 

“Hyung, were here. Can I stay a little bit here and have a coffee?” I said wanting to divert his gaze.

 

“Goodnight, Niel-ah.” He just mumbled without looking at me.

 

“Wait, hyung. Maybe we can—“

 

“I’m sorry Niel-ah. I actually enjoyed our trip today, really. I just don’t feel well as of now. I can’t tell you what’s the reason for now but I’ll assure you it is not about you. Thank you for the music box by the way, I really loved it. See you tomorrow, okay?” he only flashed a sad smile to me and he rushed to find his way to his house.

 

Before he reached on his door, I went up to him and gave him a back hug. I don’t know why the hell I did it but I think he needs someone beside him and he needed my hug. “Don’t stress yourself too much hyung, I’m here. I will not leave you, tell me everything whenever you’re ready.” I don’t know where did I pull out my confident to my actions and words but I knew I did the right thing.

 

“Deh, Daniel-ah.” He just replied over my words and he entered his house. I was still contented on his short reply, I sighed deep and I went home.


Author's note:

I'm sorry if I can't write some of the interactions that well. I really felt that I write too bland and I can't express what I want to present. Also, I'm not that knowledgeable about the places in Seoul so I will just leave it to your imagination. I hope you like this chapter. Thank you for the subscribers of this story.

Actually, I'm planning to start another MinHwan/OngNiel story but I don't know if it okay now to start with it. The ideas were still fresh on my mind though however, I still have this story as of now and another story that was on hold due to this story. What would I do?