Chapter 2

I See You

SEONGWOO'S POV

 

I saw familiar faces, two familiar faces, on the corner of the beer garden. I really wanted to scream, cry, to curse, to kill and to suicide! I’m about to approached them ready to slap a face but I maintain myself calm.

 

“Calm down, Ong Seongwoo, don’t make a fuss right here,” I said to myself because I don’t want to have a ruckus here. Before you decide your first move Seongwoo, count one to ten first to make sure what will you do and so that you’ll never regret it sooner or later.

 

One. One person that I loved, Kang Dongho. The only person that I loved but now the one and only person that I despised! You jerk! You’re such a thick-skinned person! What if I’ll pour some acid on your face so that it’ll become thin! You ing ! Busy? Is this what you call busy? Flirting with another guy?! You’re much flirtier than a girl! I wonder if I can cut off your happiness between your legs, you can finally feel what pain is!

 

Two. Choi Minki. You’re such a ! You made me feel dumb, congratulations! I can see that you met a jerk same as you. I now believe on a quote, birds with the same feather flocks together. You’re such a traitor, I taught you everything you need at work. I thought we were friends?! You know what, that pretty face must be boiled to teach you a lesson! You snake, the worst snake ever!

 

Three. What is this? Three of us? Jerks, since when did you fool me, huh?

 

Four. Four years. We already spent more than 4 years Kang Dongho, I’d really wish that you already separated with me in that long period of time if you just do this to me. What did I do to you to make this ing relationship last for five years?!

 

Five. Five years since we’ve met. You’re a bartender on a bar that I often visited. I am much stressed that time since my sister went to Japan. I was on a heart costume back then, I’m just a convenience store mascot five years ago. You tried to calm me down. You said that you’ll be with me whenever I feel down. You said to me that you’ll make me happy. I was so hurt that time, and I feel stupid to believe in you. You offered me a one shot of beer. As I drank on the shot glass, you looked at me. I never forgot your beautiful smile back then. You said that I was handsome. You’re the first guy who said how handsome I am. I feel like falling into your charms—trap.

 

Six. You have six moles into your body. Two into your neck, one into your face, two into your hands and one on your private part of your body that it isn’t private now, since I already saw everything. Everything. I’m so glad that I didn’t had any experiences with a jerk like you!


 
Seven. Seven bottles of soju. I drank seven bottles of soju together with you. When I drank my last one, my life has changed. I fell in love with you. I’ve fallen in love with a jerk!

 

Eight. Eight times. I prevented my urine from flowing out eight times. That’s feel gross right? I did that to be with you jerk. I’m such a fool back then to you. I don’t know what’s got into me why did I chose to be with you rather than having a kidney disease.

 

Nine. We rang the Bell of Happiness in the Namsan Tower nine times. They said that if couple rang it together, they can live peacefully and happily. I said to myself, this is it, you’re the one that I looking for. The one that had fixed my heart. However, I felt that people were lying. I have never been at peace with you!

 

Ten. I called you ten times when I was on your bar one night but you didn’t answer. It was our anniversary. Did you forgot or you really forgotten it for good? I didn’t change, I’m still with a heart. Kang Dongho, where is your heart now? That time, I saw someone who was on a banana mascot. I called him and asked him to join me, I was already drunk. Back then, I entrusted my life to a banana and that night as well, I am the only one, the only heart that has a banana. I know it’s a wrong quote but it’s the best definition of what I feel that time.

 

One, two, three, four, five, six, seven, I drank seven bottles of soju again that time.


Eight, nine, I went to Bell of Happiness together with a banana. I’m a fool that time, but who cares? Even you Kang Dongho doesn’t care.


Ten, this will be the end of the bell rings that means happiness.

 

I finally moved my feet from the counter and I approached the two familiar faces.

 

“Kang Dongho, what is the meaning of this?” I need to hold my anger in front of them. I saw his face surprised, he was taken aback. 

 

“Seongwoo, I can explain,” he pleaded to me. The hell Dongho, I already saw everything, don’t tell any lies again. Even the second familiar face that I saw also become stiff. You know who’s that familiar face? Choi Minki. Now I know why he’s showing me rudeness and giving me a cold shoulder. Okay I get it now, you’re such a . I splashed the orange juice that I ordered on Minki’s face and I threw the glass on Dongho. They deserve that right. Actually, that was only a pinch of my anger, if we’re not just on a public place, I assure that Minki was already strangled.

 

“You said you’re busy, Dongho? The heck is this!” I said at Dongho as I holding up my tears. I looked at Minki, he’s dropping his head low. I let out a sarcastic laugh and said to him “What a you are, Minki, you made me feel so dumb. Congratulations.” I slowly clapped my hands. I pushed their table hard, hard enough to hit them painfully. I exited the beer garden and tears only fell on my eyes as I got out of the building.

 

I ran and ran until I passed the skywalk, I let the tears flow down on my cheeks. I don’t know what to do after I saw everything. I cried and cried, I don’t care about people passing through me. I want to let all of these heartaches out.

 

“Seongwoo, I’m sorry, please.” I knew you’ll follow me because you really think that I’m a stupid person that keeps on believing you, right? I’m an easily swayed person after all.

 

I looked at him with a piercing gaze. I removed the engagement ring that he had given to me and gave it back to him.

 

“Seongwoo, babe, please don’t do this to me,” you pleaded on your knees. I feel disgusted, I feel betrayed, I feel weak and I feel stupid. I can’t hold my anger anymore, I talked back to him.

 

“Babe? Wow, Kang Dongho. You still had guts to say those words?! I already saw everything and you also said don’t do this to me? Isn’t I has the right to say those words instead of you? What a jerk you are, Kang Dongho!”

 

“And am I hearing an ‘I’m sorry’? Sorry my face. I did everything to have your attention but you didn’t reciprocate it. I won’t forgive you for all the things that you have done to me. I’ve suffer a lot from you, hyung. All these sufferings that I’ve experience, I let it slide anytime for you, hyung. But what did you do? You didn’t feel all—anything of my struggles being with you!” I shouted back to him and I cried much louder. He tried to hug me but I insisted. I punched him out of my anger.

 

“Don’t touch me with your filthy hands, hyung!” I ran away from him. He didn’t had the intention to follow me. I stopped running as I changed my direction.

 

I tried to calm down myself. I’m slowly getting tired from walking and crying. I noticed that there were only people on my route. I don’t know where I am right now. All did I think was the betrayal of Kang Dongho. I rested for a minute on a bench to stop myself from crying.

 

After five minutes, I calm myself down, however, the heartache that I felt was still there. Who wouldn’t be like me if I loved someone for almost 5 years right? And I am already expecting for a wedding and then happens. I shrugged it off and start walking.

 

I was walking on the edge of the road as I notice it is getting darker. I don’t know what’s happening but when I observed my surroundings the street lights were getting blurry. I thought it was only a tear that was stuck on my eyes but when I rub my eyes, it still the same.

 

I started to panic already, what is happening to me? I can’t let out my voice because my throat was already dry after I cried. My vision were getting blurrier, I sped up my pace on walking until I run again. The lights that I can see were getting darker and darker. I can’t see any people anymore, I can’t see any buildings anymore. It was dark. I felt like I was in a void that couldn’t escape. I can’t fully see the lights now. What the hell is happening to me!

 

I run and run, I tried to seek any help but there’s no sound coming from my mouth. I felt hot tears streaming on my face again. I became blind. Until I felt something that hit my head hard. I am slowly passing out.

 

 

Somebody please, help me. The last words that I tried to say until I lost my consciousness.

 

 

Author’s Note:

This was the continuation of the Chapter 1. I updated it earlier since I’m too excited to write on Ongniel’s part of the story. This chapter length was shorter than last chapter. I attain to have 2,500 words for each chapter, but this one is just a continuation so it is shorter.

 

I apologize if my writing skills were crappy or not that appealing. I’m trying to develop my writing but I think I don’t have the skill all throughout and I thought I already reached my peak. I hope that you enjoyed this chapter. Let me know if I write good or bad or is it just right. I just need any feedbacks to improve my writing skills. Correct me also if you find out some problems on my grammar while reading each chapter.

 

That’s all, thank you.

 

P.S. I'll edit this chapter later on because I haven't proofread it yet because I'm just using my phone :)