Chapter 1

I See You

Seongwoo was facing the mirror and currently doing his face. He puts on some gel on his hair and starts on styling it. He winked through the mirror as he finished styling himself. As he was ready to get up, his phone rang.

 

“Seongwoo-ah, what’s the meaning of the message that you’ve been sent? It will not going to happen again? I already asked my employer for my vacation leave yet you’re still unsure,” there’s a glimpse of disappointment on the voice on the other line.

 

“Umm… Noona, can’t we do that next year? We need to earn money first okay? You know I have been not seeing Dongho these days because he’s very busy.”

 

“I thought you’ve been engaged with him for 2 years already? Haven’t you already planned this out?” Seongwoo’s sister replied on the other line.

 

“What now if were already engage for 2 years? Noona, you’re overreacting. Are you that excited? Much more excited than who’s going to be married.” Seongwoo answered with a little sarcasm. He heard a sigh of disappointment on the other line.

 

“Okay, okay. I’ll just cancel my leave. But next time you’ll call me be sure that it is final, kay?” his sister answered.

 

“Neh, I’ll make sure of it. I need to go now. I’m already late for work.” Seongwoo answered.

 

“Okay, bye Seongwoo. Love you.”

 

“Bye, love you too noona,” he bade his goodbye.

 

Seongwoo faced the mirror once more for finishing touches. He put up his uniform and he goes out the door. As he locked up the door and now on his balcony, he had this habit (as a very cheerful person) to talk with the plants as he leave his house. He got his watering can and watered the plants.

 

“Awww, what happened to you guys? I keep on watering you but you guys are still small. And you (he pointed to a flower), why are you still not blooming? The sun already risen. Maybe I’ll change you to an orange tree?” he sarcastically said to a plant. He set aside the watering can and he said something to the plants again. “I need to go, take care of the house okay?” He prepare his bicycle and as he comfortably seated on it he once said goodbye to his plants again.

 

Seongwoo really likes to ride a bicycle up to the point that he uses it as transportation for his work. He worked as a tourist guide of Seoul.

 

 

SEONGWOO’S POV

 

 

“Hello everyone, my name is Ong Seongwoo. It is not Hong Seongwoo, not Gong Seongwoo, not Song Seongwoo but it is Ong Seongwoo. I’m a cheerful person and I really want to make people happy. I will be your tour guide for this day in Namsan Tower. I will travel you all around here in Namsan Tower and I will give you the routes to any attractions here in Seoul.”

 

“So guys, here is the N Seoul Tower, you see this tower was built on 1969. This tower offers many attractions that you can enjoy where you can relax and unwind after your stressful day. The tower's main attractions include multi-colored digital art projected onto the tower at night, a digital observatory, a roof terrace, the HanCook restaurant, the n.Grill restaurant, and the Haneul (Sky) Restroom. N Seoul Tower's mountain surroundings on Namsan Mountain have made it a popular place to unwind for locals and tourists alike.”

 

“Here’s a paper crane souvenir from me. They say if you made 1,000 paper cranes, your wish will be granted. And because you inspired me today, thank you very much. I hope you’ll enjoy your stay here in Seoul.”

 

I already finished my introduction and I already traveled the people around here in Namsan Tower. I am glad that they are having fun and I made them laugh. I did some crazy antics so that the tour will not be that boring. I roamed around also so that I can accommodate some people who have trouble on roaming around.

 

I saw two elders who were looking at the map and I can say that they have problem on reading it. I approached them so that I can help.

 

“Annyeonghaseyo, omeonim, haraboji, is there any problem and how can I help you?” I flashed a smile to them. They gave me a confused look and I realized that I still didn’t introduce myself.

 

“Oh! Mianhe, I am Ong Seongwoo, a tour guide. You can ask me for help anytime.” I carried out a soothing laugh and the elder couple lighten up.

 

“Oh, thank you. We have trouble on finding the bridge where there’s a lot of locks. It is because we’re too old to identify it on a map.” Haraboji said to me.

 

“The love locks right? If you want I can accompany you to go there!” I volunteered and showed my eye smile.

 

They both agreed to me and I lead them to love locks. I had fun talking with them because I found out that after 30 years they came back to see their love lock. It’s their anniversary and I really saw their sincere smile. Awwww, isn’t that sweet?

 

As we got there, I presented that I’ll take a photo for them. Their face lit up again as I instruct them to position themselves. “Ready, 1, 2 and ...” I tapped the button and I captured a perfect photo for a couple. The photo showed grandpa kissed grandma’s cheek, they are so sweet. I said goodbye to them as I gave them a copy of the photo. I suddenly missed Dongho as I looking at the photo.

 

I rarely see Dongho as of now because we’re both busy. Yes, we talk always through calls and messages but it is still different if we are meeting in person. I just shrugged it off and went to the tower, it’s not the time to be sentimental.

 

It was already 6PM, only an hour left before my shift will finished. I went to the park and sat on a bench. It’s really relaxing here in the park. I saw a kid that was crying together with her mom. I don’t like seeing someone crying so I approached the kid.

“Aww, why was this little cute girl crying?” I said to the girl happily. I look at the mother instead. I knew she’ll identify me as a tour guide because of my uniform.

 

“Her teddy bear fell on the water fountain and she wants to get it back. She wants to get into the water however it is prohibited. I’m too tired already to calm her down,” the mother said.

 

I looked again at the little girl. “You shouldn’t come to the water okay, I’ll get something for you. Stop crying now.” I persuaded the little girl and I get my bag on the bench for a second. I saw the little girl ran towards the water fountain, I saw the mother was busy talking on the phone. I shrieked not so loudly because the girl was going to fell on the water. I ran to the little girl to save her (even if it’s hopeless).

 

Luckily, there’s a random guy that caught the girl. I sighed on relief and I thanked the guy.

 

I scolded the kid but end up laughing so that the kid will not cry. I gave her a pink paper cranes. “If you create 1,000 paper cranes, your wish will be granted.” I winked to the little girl and her face lit up. “Really?” she asked while rubbing the tears off of her eyes.

 

“Yes, really, very, really, of course…” I put on my serious face so that she’ll believe me.

 

“Yaay! If I finish doing 1,000 paper cranes, I’ll be back to you samcheon,” the little girl said and ran to her mother happily. I looked at her mother and bowed.

 

As I arranging my things, I went to the roof terrace of the tower because Dongho said that we’ll meet there. I was waiting for almost an hour now and he still not here. I called him but he is not responding, after almost 17 missed calls he finally answered.

 

“Mianhe, Seongwoo. I totally forgot, I’m really busy.” Dongho said on the other line.

 

“You promised me yesterday to meet here. You didn’t answered my calls a while ago.” I said being disappointed and getting mad at him.

 

“Seongwoo-ah, I will make it up some other time, okay?” he answered backed trying to calm me down.

 

“I don’t know anymore, hyung,” I turned off my phone and cut the call. I was really disappointed with him, seriously. How can he dump me just like that?

 

Memories lingered to me because I wanted him to propose here. I imagined myself saying ‘yes’ on his proposal here. I even tried the fortune telling machine that we used to play and guess what did I get? A quote saying about bad relationship. My sadness got high and I became mad. I threw the paper off of me and entered the photo booth. I was very sad, really. The flashes of the camera didn’t made me lit up. I only came out of the photo and did not get my photo because it only shows my sadness. I came home disappointed and mad.

 

As I reached my house, I saw a bouquet of red roses and a small teddy bear.

 

Since Dongho’s been on my mind, I never doubted that these were came from him. I really feel guilty on my actions a while ago. I decided to give him a call. I must be cheesy to him because I felt bad.

 

“Hello, Dongho? I’m sorry babe… I’ll forgive you now. I love your surprises for me” I was happy that he still answered my call.

 

“What surprise?” he asked back. He really likes to play dumb, he’s too cute.

 

“These roses and this bear. I’m sorry that I acted immature a while ago, I’m just disappointed. I love you, goodnight.” I bid my farewell to him with a smile on my lips.

 

 

 

I was having my lunch break on a garden when I saw Minki looking disappointed. Choi Minki is my co-worker in N Seoul tower. Since I don’t like seeing someone who is sad and disappointed, I talked to him.

 

“Yah, Minki. What’s the problem?” I said to him with an apologetic look.

 

“It’s none of your business, Seongwoo.” He said back to me. Okay, he’s rude but I’m not giving up. Maybe he’s just rude due to his disappointed look.

 

“Minki-ah, if you have problems just talk to me okay. I’m your friend and co-worker, were the only ones to help each other at times like this okay?” I said to him proudly but still his looks doesn’t lit up.

 

“I need to go, kay? Just take care of yourself,” he replied and he get out of the picture. I sighed, he really had a big problem.

 

I finished my lunch and I was ready to head back at the building when an old woman gave me something. I thanked her and it is somewhat a note.

 

I read the note. ‘See you later at the beer garden at 8PM ♥’. I knew it was from Dongho, he really like surprises. My cheeks became red and smiled like crazy. I went to the building and I’m so excited on what will happen later. I can’t wait, really.

 

 

 

It was only 7:30PM when I came to the beer garden. I sat on the table outside because it was cozier there and so that Dongho will see me immediately when he come. I called my sister to kill time.

 

“Noona, hello?” I waited for her to answer.

 

“Deh, Seongwoo. What’s the sudden call? Don’t tell me you already finalized it everything…” she said on the other line. I can’t blame her though since she really wants me to get married immediately. It is because I am only living with myself after she married. She already had her family in Japan and I’m the only one who was here in Seoul. Mom and Dad were already dead and I’m still lucky because my aunts and uncles had been taking good care of me since I finished my studies. I don’t want to be dependent with my aunt so I decided to work and live alone.

 

“Yah, it’s not that topic. But I think it’s near!” I answered her, I can’t contain my happiness.

 

“Yah, Ong Seongwoo! Are you that excited? I can see your cheeks being red even if I’m just on phone!” she nagged at me but still she’s right.

 

“Noona! Don’t cancel your leave yet, okay. I can imagine that he’ll going to propose to me later. I want him to serenade me while he’s kneeling in front of me.” I said to her excitedly. Actually, she doesn’t have any issue with me being gay, I still look handsome and manly outside though.

 

“ONG SEONGWOO! Quiet up your mouth.” She said on the other line trying to prevent her laughter. I just laughed with her.

 

“Okay, I need to go Seongwoo-ah, Woojinnie is crying, call me if it’s already set, okay?” she said. She’s also really busy mother eh.

 

“Okay, bye. Love you,” that was a good laugh. I turned off my phone and used it as a mirror to see my face.

 

I was getting thirsty, so I decided to just order first an orange juice. I don’t want to have alcoholic drinks right now because I can’t be drunk while facing Dongho.

 

I got up and went to the counter to order. However I didn’t expect to saw someone there. My world definitely fell down. Anger rises from me, I wanted to scream, my heart really hurts a lot.

 

 

A/N:

Hello guys, since I felt that this was already long. The second part will be updated on Friday. This was only like a prologue (I think) because this chapter is more like introducing Ong Seongwoo and his current relationship with Kang Dongho (I just picked him up in random). Daniel will be on the picture later at Chapter 3, so please bear with me

I'm sorry if Daniel wasn't in this chapter. This chapter has a huge connection for the future chapters later on.

 

 

 

 

SPOILER: Daniel was here.