Chapter 5

I See You

SEONGWOO’S POV

 

What the hell did I do back there? I felt guilty bringing down Daniel a while ago because of my selfish thoughts. I can’t blame him also, it’s on me. I really did have fun together with him. Actually, I’m lucky that I met him because I can still experience a normal social life. I am not staying on my house until my vision will come back. Meeting Daniel lessen my stress and also my loneliness.

 

So what’s the reason why I acted different back then? It was because of Dongho. Yeah, him. I never thought that in a particular place I will remember him. I admit that I have a soft spot towards him and I must move on now because it will become dangerous if I’m not. I fell so hard on him. We spent four years together yet I didn’t imagine that he’ll cheat on me. I’m trying to forget him little by little but memories keep on going back especially the time when Daniel brought me on Roof Terrace.

 

I expected that Daniel will bring me there because I knew we will explore the tower. I tried to repel my stupid thoughts but I just can’t. I and Dongho's favorite place was the roof terrace. We used to hang out there, eat there, and enjoy the booths on that terrace. That was the place he gave me my engagement ring. That was the place he gave me my first kiss. That was the place we took our first date. And that was also the place where he first dumped me. How can I forget about him if I still going back on that place? And worse, Daniel did exactly the same things that I used to do with Dongho. Fortune telling machine, the photo booth and the way he back hugged me in the terrace. All I thought about was Dongho and I felt bad towards Daniel, so I rejected him on staying on my place a while ago.

 

After I found out about Dongho’s evil doing and before I became blind, I don’t have any news about him. I admit I was slightly concerned about him. I said to him that I don’t want him to be near from me, but he did literally. I expected that he’ll visit me these past few days but I expected for nothing. I expected that there’s still a little chance for us but I guess it was futile. Why the hell am I still thinking on that jerk, anyways?

 

I am now trying to fix my bed and ready to sleep until I stepped on something like a paper bag. I picked it and I found out that it was the music box. I almost forgot about this thing. I lie down on my bed and I played the music box. My eyes became wet and guilt was all over me. How can I face Daniel now? And lastly, I might be rude, but I ing blamed my blindness now, Dongho’s face is all I remember and Daniel’s appearance is still so mysterious. If I can only see Daniel’s face, I wouldn’t be on this crisis, if only.

 

I played the music box several times until I drown myself on dreamland.

 

 

THIRD PERSON’S POV

 

Seongwoo woke up a little bit late until he found out that the talking clock notified him at 9:00 o’clock. He didn’t intend to be selfish, but he little expected that Daniel would wake him up with his shouting. He waited for one hour for Daniel voice outside but he get nothing. He sighed on disappointment and he just prepared his food. Thanks to Daniel, his fridge have new foods and Daniel also fixed the signs on his microwave so he can use it again. Ever wonder why he can do these things himself? Easy, because he already memorized all the places and spots on his house.

 

While he was eating, his phone rang. As usual, he would just swipe the lower part of the screen from left to right to answer the call. It was his older sister.

 

“Hello, Seongwoo? How are you?” the voice on the other line made Seongwoo at ease, fortunately.

 

“Noona! I missed you.”

 

“Me too. How are things over there? Are you doing okay? Are you eating well? Don’t starve yourself. I know it’s been hard for you, I’m sorry I’m not there,”

 

“Yah noona, I’m okay, don’t stress yourself too much because of me. I’m eating well, okay. I have new stock of foods here. Thanks to my neighbor.” Seongwoo let out a chuckle.

 

“Is that so? Thanks God! By the way, we will visit you today. I and Woojin was actually on the airport anyways. We’ll be there after a few hours.”

 

“Already?! I thought…”

 

“No complaining, Ong Seongwoo. You don’t have idea how much I’ve missed my precious dongsaeng. I finished my work and tomorrow is Saturday, so why not I visit you since it is weekend.” Seungah cut Seongwoo’s complaints.

 

“And this cute little Woojin here missed you a lot also.” she added. “Woojin miss Seongwoo hyung!” Seongwoo heard on the other line.

 

“Okay, okay. See you later then? No scratch that, I’ll wait for you then since ‘see’ is not currently on my vocabulary,” Seongwoo let out another chuckle and bid his farewell on the other line. Somehow that call made him at ease without thinking about how he face and when he face Daniel.

 

 

“Seongwoo-hyung!” Woojin immediately hugged Seongwoo as the door opens.

 

“Woojin-ah~” Seongwoo patted Woojin’s head. “So welcome back, noona.” Seungah hugged Seongwoo tightly. The two siblings talked about Seongwoo’s life. He talked about meeting Daniel as the luckiest thing he had experienced recently. Later on, Seungah did house chores while Seongwoo was still insisting but he failed. He found himself playing with Woojin since the kid really missed him so much. The laughter of the young kid made him at home and ‘normal’. Later on, Seungah instructing Seongwoo about the things that he changed on his house for Seongwoo’s better use. Woojin however went outside to play.

 

Outside, while Woojin was playing, someone called him. Woojin, as the innocent child, went to the guy.

 

“Who are you?” Woojin asked in a good manner. “Woojin-ah, give this to your mom okay? This is for your hyung. I’m your Seongwoo-hyung’s friend, by the way.” Daniel gave Woojin a letter and a chocolate so that the kid would follow him.

 

“Umma! Hyung!” Woojin went back inside and gave the letter to his mom.

 

“What is this Woojin? A letter? Who gave this to you?” Seungah asked the kid.

“The handsome ahjussi outside. He said he was Seongwoo-hyung’s friend! Look, he gave me chocolate too!” Woojin happily showed his chocolate to his mom. Seongwoo definitely knew it was Daniel.

 

“Is your friend stupid? He gave you a letter for ing sake!” Seungah exclaimed and Seongwoo was thinking also why.

 

“Nevermind, I’ll read it for you.”

 

“Seongwoo-hyung. I’m sorry if I didn’t went today. I was planning to but I thought that maybe you need some time alone. I’m thankful that I saw someone was on your house, so I didn’t bother to come. I’m sorry if I did something wrong yesterday. I’ll visit you tomorrow morning, promise. P.S. I wrote this letter since I know someone will read it for you, hehehe – Daniel”

 

“Okay, he’s clever. I said it to you earlier that you need to tell that guy about Dongho. I think he’s a trustworthy guy.”

 

“I’ll think about that, noona.” Seongwoo became relaxed due to the letter of Daniel. He thought that Daniel stopped hanging out with him.

 

It was already 10:00am and the second day of Seungah and Woojin on Seongwoo’s house. Few minutes later, Seungah received a call from his boss that there’s an emergency meeting and she needs to be there. She can’t say no because it was an important matter. Seongwoo noticed there’s something wrong as he heard how concerned and disappointed the voice was.

 

“Seongwoo, there’s something—“

 

“It’s okay, noona. You can go, I know that was something important,” Seungah just shook his head and he packed her things. Woojin, however, doesn’t want to go back yet. Seungah insisted Woojin to come home but the young one cried more loudly. Seongwoo offered himself to look for Woojin for the meantime.

 

“Are you sure you can take care of him?”

 

“Neh, noona. Besides, Daniel will be here later.” Seungah doubted a little but since she don’t have time to spare, she just agreed. She trusted his brother anyway.

 

When Seungah was already outside, she met with Daniel. She smiled at him like she knew him for a long time. Daniel smiled back and greeted her.

 

“I thought I won’t see you again while I’m here. Sadly, I’ll be going back to Japan today, something’s up.” Seungah said to Daniel with a smile.

 

“Take care Seongwoo and Woojin for me, okay?”

 

“W-wait, what? Do you already trust me that much?” Daniel was shocked on what Seungah had said to him.

 

“Of course, after all what you did for us, why would I distrust you? I really owe you a big one. After all, you have already shown too much and proved to me that you’re a trustworthy person, especially to Seongwoo. I’m glad that you are looking for him when I’m not here,”

 

“Noona, maybe you—“

 

“And do you think I will be leaving Seongwoo and Woojin without thinking about their safety? I already trusted you since that day.” she cut Daniel’s sentence and patted his shoulder and gave him a soothing smile and she left Daniel with a surprised look. She said goodbye to Daniel and as she’s out of his sight, Daniel positively sighed deeply and proceeded to Seongwoo’s place.

 

 

“Seongwoo-hyung!” Daniel shouted from the outside. Seongwoo ears perk as he heard Daniel’s voice. Woojin immediately opened the door for Seongwoo and they were greeted by Daniel.

 

“Ahjussi!” Woojin shouted with smile from ear to ear. Woojin came forward to Daniel and he was carried by Daniel. “Call me Daniel-hyung, okay?” Daniel pinched Woojin cheeks and gave him candies.

 

“How are you doing hyung?” Daniel went to Seongwoo and supported him to the balcony’s chairs still carrying Woojin.

 

“Hyung! Daniel-hyung gave me candies!” Woojin bragged to Seongwoo. Seongwoo let out a chuckle and Daniel put Woojin on a chair beside him.

 

“I’m doing fine, I guess.” Seongwoo said shyly.

 

“Good.” Daniel said plainly, awkwardness still baffled them. “I’m sorry about yesterday, by the way.” Seongwoo pointed out.

 

“Nah, it is okay hyung. I understand your privacy. I’m glad that you’re okay now.” Seongwoo flustered a bit and he didn’t know why. The awkwardness between them easily faded out. They talked about random things and as usual Seongwoo was teased by Daniel.

 

“Look at Woojin, hyung! His face was full of chocolate!” Daniel laughed as Woojin had his attention. Woojin’s face was full of chocolate as he was struggling on eating on the bottom portion of the box.

 

“I literally saw him Daniel,” Seongwoo said sarcastically and let out a soft laugh also.

 

“Hyung, I want to ride that!” Woojin pointed at the merry-go-round that was on the road. It was probably a merry-go-round that was being moved and restored since the carnival on the other town was over.

 

“Do you really want to ride that?” Daniel asked the kid again.

 

“Deh! With Seongwoo-hyung and Daniel-hyung!” Woojin exclaimed happily and excitedly.

 

“Okay! Hyung, where do you want to go? Everland or Lotte World?” Seongwoo was shocked about the sudden question?

 

“What?! Do you want to go to amusement park? There’re maybe small fairs nearby, why go to Everland or Lotte World all of a sudden? It was expensive you know.” Seongwoo freaked out as he heard that.

 

“The fair next town was already finished though. Hyung~ this cute little kid wants to ride merry-go-round. He’s pouting right now and I can’t handle his cuteness. Hyung! He is now on the verge of crying!” Seongwoo knew Daniel was exaggerating since he heard Woojin chuckling maybe due to Daniel’s actions.

 

“Okay, okay… We’ll go to Everland since it was nearer than Lotte here.” Seongwoo agreed while Daniel winked at Woojin and they both laugh silently. “Yah, are you two mocking me?” Seongwoo exclaimed cluelessly.

 

 

“Welcome to Everland!!!” the staffs were greeting the newcomers on the park.

 

“Yaay!!! Hyung! Piggyback ride!” Woojin excitedly entered the amusement park as he pull Daniel furiously while Daniel holding Seongwoo’s hand.

 

“See? He really wants to go here.” Seongwoo smiled and later on his smile slowly dissipates.

 

“Hyung, cheer up! I’m here remember, we’ll do memories here. Just like I said, I’ll be your eyes.” Seongwoo’s cheeks became red. He didn’t know why but whenever Daniel said those words he felt at ease.

 

“Come here, Woojin!” Daniel piggybacked Woojin supporting him with his left hand while his right hand was on Seongwoo’s. Seongwoo pictured the situation and he blushed.

 

“I want those!” Woojin pointed to the animal ears headband booth. “Kaja!” Daniel held Seongwoo’s hand tightly and went to the booth. Woojin happily picked what he liked while Daniel picked random headbands and tried them on Seongwoo.

 

“Yah, Kang Daniel, what did you put on me?” Daniel was absolutely laughing when he put the big ribbon headband on his head making Seongwoo’s head looks smaller. “Nothing, hyung. You’re just cute,” Daniel removed the headband and put bunny ears instead.

 

“Woojin-ah pick something for Seongwoo-hyung!” Woojin caught his attention to a pair of bear ears headband. “Hyung! Look at these, papa and mama bear!” Woojin pointed on the package label of the headband. It was a combination of pink and black color headband which was definitely for couples. “You want us to wear these?” Woojin nodded enthusiastically. Daniel feeling so excited put the headband on both of their heads. “Do we look like papa and mama bears?” Daniel asked getting his face closer to Seongwoo. “Yah, Daniel stop that!” Seongwoo slapped Daniel’s shoulder.

 

“Deh!!” Woojin shouted and clapped his hands while Seongwoo’s cheeks became red again. His face and Daniel’s cheeks had touched and that made him shiver and gave him goosebumps.

 

“Let’s take a photo hyung!” Daniel said to Seongwoo. Daniel carried Woojin and as usual he instructed Seongwoo where to look and he snapped the photo. Daniel looked at the photo and as expected Seongwoo was on eye-closed smile. He chuckled at Seongwoo and captioned the photo ‘family bear’.

 

“Hyung, you look beautiful on these photos!” Daniel said with a sweet tone making Seongwoo blushed.

 

“Don’t me, Daniel. Maybe I was look dumb on those photos!”

 

“No, really! I’ll frame this photo and give it to you later. We’re like a family, you see.” Seongwoo froze drowning himself on fluffiness.

 

“Hyung, I want to ride now!” Woojin shouted as he saw the merry-go-round in front of them.

 

“Deh! I’ll stay here with Seongwoo-hyung okay?” Woojin nodded and he dashed off inside.

 

“Be careful, Woojin-ah. Hold tight, okay?” Seongwoo instructed and Woojin shouted yes happily.

 

“He’s really enjoying this time,” Daniel mumbled.

 

“I can feel that Daniel, even if I can’t see his face. I think this is his first time here. Thanks for bringing us here.” Seongwoo replied to Daniel with a genuine smile. Seongwoo held into barrier line of the ride and Daniel put his hands beside Seongwoo’s hand making Seongwoo trapped between Daniel’s hands. It looks like Daniel was hugging Seongwoo and his heart was beating faster as of now. Daniel rested his chin on Seongwoo’s shoulder. Seongwoo was surprised on a sudden sensation that he felt towards Daniel’s action.

 

“W-w-what are you doing, Daniel?” Seongwoo asked while he stood firmly but inside of him was already full of butterflies.

 

“Hmmm… resting of course.” Daniel replied smoothly. Then suddenly, “Look at Woojin! Hahaha!” he exclaimed catching his attention. Seongwoo can breathe easily now. “Why? What happened?” Seongwoo tried to divert his attention from Daniel to Woojin. “His face was all smile and keep on shouting like he was on a roller coaster, hahaha” Daniel took a photo of Woojin. “You know we can’t let him ride the roller coaster so I understand his reaction,” Seongwoo let out a chuckle.

 

“That was fun, hyung!” Woojin shared to Seongwoo and Daniel. The little guy can’t stop telling stories with his hyung which the older ones enjoyed listening. The three of them continued to roam about the Everland and rode on the different rides. Woojin enjoyed seeing the animals and pointed at the bear cubs saying they look like them. After a few more rides and museums they went to, Woojin became hungry.

 

“Seongwoo-hyung, I want cotton candy!”

 

“Okay, okay, Daniel bought some cotton candies. Let’s wait for him here.”

 

“He’s here!!!” Woojin exclaimed, jumping excitedly.

 

“Here you go, Woojin-ah~. Hyung, I bought you some soda. Guess you’re already tired.” Daniel opened the can and gave it to Seongwoo.

 

“Thanks.” Seongwoo sipped on the straw and noticed it was Sprite. “How did you know that I love Sprite?” Seongwoo suddenly asked. “I didn’t know hyung, I just bought randomly.” Daniel answered. Seongwoo almost choked himself, he felt embarrassed for asking. Daniel saw how clumsy Seongwoo was and he wiped Seongwoo’s mouth on the liquid that flowed when he almost choked.

“Drink slowly, hyung.” Daniel said as he wiped Seongwoo’s face. Woojin who noticed them immediately went between them. “Hyung, eat this!” he offered some cotton candy to Seongwoo. He fed Seongwoo cotton candy with his hand. It was a beautiful sight for Daniel so he took a photo on both of them.

 

After that, they ate on a restaurant inside the amusement park. It was already dark after they ate. “Okay, since it’s already dark, let’s ride Ferris wheel!” Daniel announced and Woojin became excited about riding Ferris wheel.

 

Daniel took three tickets on the booth and after few minutes they entered the Ferris wheel. “Hyung, I can see Seongwoo’s house!” Woojin yelled out of excitement when they are already on the higher part. “Where?” Seongwoo just asked Woojin. Woojin mumbled random things and pointed to random parts of the nightlight view that he saw downward. Daniel and Seongwoo was seated side to side while Woojin was on the right side where he can see the beautiful city lights scenery. After a few minutes, Woojin fell asleep, he was laying down on Seongwoo’s lap. Seongwoo and Daniel both became silent and enjoyed the calm ambience inside their cabin. Few minutes later, Seongwoo broke the silence.

 

“Niel-ah, will you not question me about why I acted indifferent on the other day?” Seongwoo asked Daniel in a calm tone.

 

“I won’t ask and I don’t have the right, hyung. As I have said, you can tell me whenever you’re ready. I’m just waiting for you to tell me, I respected your privacy” Daniel replied with a sincere tone.

 

Seongwoo fell in silence for a while caressing Woojin’s hair deciding whether he will tell him why or not. He sighed deeply.

 

“It was the time when you brought me in roof terrace, actually. I had a boyfriend—ex-boyfriend I mean back then, his name is Dongho by the way. We used to date there, it was actually our favorite place.” Seongwoo forced a smile, sighed deeply and continued talking. Daniel didn’t say anything, letting Seongwoo lead the conversation.

 

“We just broke up recently before I became blind. You know we’ve been together for four years already but when we broke up it was suppose our fifth anniversary. I didn’t imagine that he will cheat on me together with my co-worker. And you know, that co-worker was supposed to be my best friend on work. I was surprised when I saw them together flirting each other.” Seongwoo paused while reminiscing the past and hot liquid was clouding the corner of his eyes.

 

“But you know what’s made it harder? I just can’t forget him. Honestly, I despised him now, but whenever I think of him, I became concerned on him. I keep on wondering if he’s okay and I’m still hoping that he will come back to me even though I wanted him to become distant from me.” Seongwoo tears finally fell off from his eyes.

 

“I keep on wondering what I am lacking. What did he found to my friend that I don’t have? Am I not enough? Am I ugly? I did everything that I must need to do, but still why…” Seongwoo wiped off his tears and let out all his tears and cried out loud.

 

Daniel who was immersed on listening to Seongwoo thought that it is now the time to comfort him. He came beside Seongwoo and his back. Carefully and slowly, Daniel stretched his arm on Seongwoo’s shoulder and he lay Seongwoo’s head on his shoulders, caressing his hair. Daniel didn’t say anything.

 

“I’m an idiot, right?”

 

Upon hearing those words, Daniel can’t accept Seongwoo describing himself like that. Daniel now had the urge to talk.

 

“Hyung, you’re not ugly nor an idiot okay? Do not think yourself like that. That Dongho guy is the idiot one. He let go the one of the most beautiful person in the world. If I were him, I won’t leave you for sure.” Daniel paused a while thnking what will he say next.

 

“I won’t force you to forget him, hyung. But I want to remind you that I’m always here beside you. I won’t judge you for not forgetting him, but don’t say harsh words on yourself. I won’t demand you to like another person but when you need someone I’m just here. I’m the only one and probably the last person who will be still next to you no matter what happens. I hate seeing you so sad like this, I wanted you to be happy. I wanted to make you happy because I really love…” Daniel was still doubting if he will say the next words but he thought that it was still not the right time to tell him because the wound on Seongwoo's heart was still fresh.

 

“…seeing people happy.”

 


Author's note:

I really tried to write fluffy scenes but I thought that I wrote it badly. I will do better next time maybe. I will not write any Dongho's POV but on the future chapters their relationship will be explained further. Thanks for the subscribers and for my readers. I'm glad that you were still liking this story until this point. Again, I apologize for grammatical errors and if this fic and author's notes were kinda bothering you already. Hope you liked this chapter :)