Chapter 9

I See You

The two guys had finished their two day trip on Japanese shrine and now they found themselves on the train. They are sitting face to face and the ambiance is quiet. It was a comfortable silence though and no one between the two tried to break the silence that waft the atmosphere. However, one guy was so focused on staring his companion. The dreamy stare he had and the way that guy smiled if you look at it, you’ll think that he’s some sort of a foolish high school girl who’s staring at her crush. While the other guy was well, still looking at nowhere but he felt content and satisfied despite of his current situation.

 

Their journey went well and it’s already eight in the evening when they reached their houses. Seongwoo was all smile as Daniel escorted him inside on his house and nervous as well as he didn’t knew how his room looks like. Daniel is saying his goodbye but Seongwoo suddenly exclaimed why not he’ll stay first at his place and had some drink. Daniel became absolutely happy and the older ordered him to get their drinks on the fridge but what he get was a lot of alcoholic drinks. He was surprised on what he saw, he left out a chuckle and shrug it off. He brought only some beer cans together with him.

 

Daniel stopped drinking as he felt that he was getting drunk. He reminded himself that he needs to be sober because he’ll be responsible for both of them and the fact that there will be a huge mess if he’ll become drunk. Seongwoo, on the other hand, was already drunk. He is currently standing while holding his semi-finished beer and blabbering some nonsense things as he guzzle down his drink. The younger was pleased to see this side of Seongwoo again. Seongwoo finished his drink and sat on floor under Daniel who’s on the sofa. The younger trapped Seongwoo between his legs and the latter lie his head on Daniel’s hips.

 

Seongwoo rested a bit and when he noticed that Daniel was quiet, he attacked him with tickles. Daniel yelp out loud and laughing hysterically, then he tried to tickle back Seongwoo also. The two guys had a tickle war then Seongwoo noticed that Daniel had stopped. He heard Daniel coughing and punching his chest few times, then he became worried. Suddenly, he regained some of his consciousness.

 

“Niel-ah, what happened?” Seongwoo ask with a worried tone.

 

“It’s nothing, hyung. Just a simple heartburn, don’t worry too much,” Daniel replied with a small chuckle and pat the latter’s head.

 

“Am I not allowed to worry?” Seongwoo replied back while pouting.

 

“Aigoo, hyung! You’re so cute! Let’s put it this way, what’s the thing that you want to do in the past but you couldn’t?” Daniel trying to change the topic.

 

The now semi-conscious Seongwoo fell on his trap and replied. “Hmmmm. I got one! Back on high school, I really wanted to attend the prom. I wanted to dance back then and I had this crush with someone that I wanted to dance with,”

 

“Why you didn’t attend your prom though?”

 

“I got chicken pox.” Seongwoo whispered which made Daniel laughed.

 

“Oh my God. Hahahaha! I wished you showed that to your crush.”

 

“Not in my life. After the school year, he transferred school. I would be too embarrassed if he saw me having mini water balls all around my body.” Seongwoo stated who is now getting embarrassed. They both laughed afterwards and silent fell over them.

 

“Do you want to dance?” Daniel asked Seongwoo out of nowhere. The latter taken aback on what he have heard.

 

“Oh. My. Gosh. Daniel, what are you trying to do? OMG! We have beer here. We’re drunk and we’re alone here. Are you, perhaps, trying to assault me? OMG! Daniel! You have motives, don’t you?” Seongwoo was mocking Daniel with a teasing tone but he can’t hide his cheeks which is now fully red.

 

“Says by the one who invited me to drink. I’m not even drunk like you, hyung.”Daniel let out a chuckle. He stood up and put in a random mellow music on his phone. Then he went back to lying Seongwoo and caught his hand. Seongwoo rose up with the help of Daniel. The younger brought Seongwoo in the cleaner area and they stood face to face. Daniel placed Seongwoo’s hands on his shoulder and he placed his on Seongwoo’s waist.

 

“A-A…Are we r-rreally doing this?” Seongwoo asked nervously.

 

“Just shut up, hyung. I’m giving you what you want to do on the past.” Daniel led both of them. They just did a single step right and left only. However, even on that simple dance step they had, Seongwoo became silent. He never expected Daniel would do such a thing for him. They let themselves flow with the music until the first music ends. When the second music starts, Daniel brought Seongwoo closer to him. The older was surprised on the sudden act of the younger.

 

“W-W…What are you doing, Niel-ah?” Seongwoo felt hot at the moment. It’s not about the alcohol that hits him but the distance between him and Daniel. Even he can’t see the younger, he knows that their faces are just so close to each other because he can feel the breath of Daniel which is become heavier.

 

“I won’t take advantage on you, hyung. Just enjoy the moment,” Daniel said which made Seongwoo blushed immediately. He thought that Daniel’s words were sensual and he’s getting hot again.

 

“W-w…wait, isn’t it unfair? You can see me while I can’t see you. You must put your blindfold.” Seongwoo said shyly. Daniel chuckles and responded an ‘Okay’ and he let Seongwoo tie his blindfold. Now, the older isn’t getting that nervous in front of the younger.

 

The two guys continued their so-called dance and this time much closer. Daniel is now hugging Seongwoo, he hesitated at first but since he can’t handle the temptation anymore, he hugged Seongwoo. On the other hand, the older also closed the gap between his hands and Daniel’s neck. Seongwoo’s head now is lying on Daniel’s shoulder. Daniel looked at Seongwoo’s direction and he’s now breathing heavily which the older felt on his cheeks. They are still in sync with their movements taking one step by one step.

 

“Aren’t we’re too sweet?” Seongwoo lift his head up from Daniel’s shoulder.

 

“Well, I guess, is this still normal for friends?” Daniel asked back with a teasing tone. Seongwoo move his hands on Daniel’s head and start petting the younger’s hair. He gave only a short chuckle and he became silent again.

 

“Am I taller than you?” Seongwoo asked because he felt that his hands were just leveled onto his face.

 

“I think we had the same height. Why?” Daniel answered with a whispery tone. “Nothing,” Seongwoo said and he brought his face to Daniel’s face and he cuddled him with his face. While cuddling, Daniel spontaneously moved his face on Seongwoo’s direction while the older was giving pecks to Daniel’s cheeks. Without Seongwoo’s knowledge, he suddenly felt Daniel’s nose. He just gave Daniel a kiss on his upper lip and his philtrum. Surprised, Daniel immediately removed his blindfold and faced Seongwoo. Seongwoo just realized that he just kissed Daniel awkwardly and he’s surprised also.

 

“OMG! Daniel, I’m sorry. I was drunk!” Seongwoo said while laughing out loud.

 

“Says the one who’s accusing me with intentions huh,” Daniel laughed it out also but he liked what did just happen even if it is just a peck but it is counted as a kiss right?

 

The remaining time they had were pure laughter and sweet moments. They continued what they were doing until Seongwoo passed out. The two slept together on latter’s room.


Daniel rented two bicycles and he brought Seongwoo to bicycle track on Namsan Park. He still remembered what Seongwoo missed the most, so he is fulfilling Seongwoo’s wishes once again. Daniel found an area where there are few people so that Seongwoo can ride the bike safely. Being on the straight pathway, Daniel assisted Seongwoo on pedaling until Seongwoo got the pace.

 

“Now, pedal with your right foot, then left, right, left, just maintain your balance and go straight only.” Daniel diligently instructing the eldest.

 

“Yah, Daniel! I’ll kill you if I will bump someone or I’m going to crash!” Seongwoo shouted while he nervously pedal on the bicycle.

 

“Don’t worry hyung, I got your back! There’s no one here!” the younger shouted back and he buckled up on his bicycle to catch up to Seongwoo.

 

After a few successful attempts Seongwoo had, he finally enjoyed riding the bicycle even he can’t see his surroundings. He missed the cold air that touched his body while he was riding the bike. He missed the excitement he had when he learned how to ride it. With the help of Daniel, he didn’t realize that he can still enjoy what he can enjoy even if he’s blind. Seongwoo ended up having 12 rounds back and forth. After they felt tired, Daniel got the two bikes while Seongwoo was on his back acting as his guide for whenever they want to go. Daniel parked the bicycles and got their snacks that he bought a while ago at a fast food chain.

 

“Hyung, how will you know if you’re in love? I mean how will a person notice that he’s in love?” Daniel opened a topic after they finished their snacks.

 

“Hmmmmm… When you feel that your world changed because of that particular person. When you’re always thinking about him, then if you have a lot of things to do, he’s your priority than other things. I mean you can see it on face, when your facial expression brightens anytime you see him” Seongwoo explained while the younger was listening and sipping his juice.

 

“What if you’re blind?”

 

“Yah!” Seongwoo smacked Daniel on his shoulder and giving him sarcastic smile.

 

“I’m sorry, hyung. Did I offend you? Pardon me hyung okay? Because you know what, I’m just so blindly in love,” Daniel said with a slightly teasing tone that made Seongwoo flustered a bit. “Eeeeyy, hyung, you liked what you hear, right?” I knew it!” Daniel mocked Seongwoo while the elder was just shaking his head and trying hard not to laugh.

 

“But seriously, you really didn’t need to see him. You will just feel without noticing it. You know it’s like the feeling when you pee after the moment you endured it and the best feeling was the last drop.” Seongwoo was holding back his laughter when Daniel was explaining about peeing and the younger felt accomplished as he saw the older suffered.

 

Seongwoo sighed, “I really still hope that I would see you soon.”

 

“No need, hyung. It’s not that important, actually.”

 

“Hmmmm… But it’s still different if I saw the face of whom am I talking, right?”

 

“Do you really want to see my face that bad?”

 

“Of course!”

 

“Okay, wait for a moment.”

 

Daniel got closer to Seongwoo as he held the elder’s hands. He got them and positioned the hands on his face. Seongwoo was slightly shocked but later he was exploring Daniel’s face features.

 

“Okay, you got long eyelashes, a pointy nose, and a plump cheeks!” The latter then pinched the younger’s cheek. Daniel whimpered in pain and Seongwoo just chuckled and caress Daniel’s cheeks afterwards.

 

“Then you also got large front teeth. I hope you don’t mind my hand hahahaha. And oh! You got a stubble. You didn’t shave for a while, did you? You also got broad shoulders. I bet you’re pretty handsome. You can pass as an actor of an action movie or maybe a y idol where girls are fawning at you!” Seongwoo chuckled and he blushed slightly as he imagined Daniel’s face.

 

“Whoa, hyung. That’s enough. Hahaha” Daniel was flustered a bit on the compliments that he received and he put Seongwoo’s hands down from his face.

 

“Eyyyy, you liked what you heard, right? I knew it–Hahaha!” Seongwoo lashed Daniel’s words back at him.


During the night, the two decided to stroll (basically a date) at the Namsan Park. They ate their dinner on the local market since Seongwoo was craving for street foods and as usual Daniel couldn’t say no at the guy with him.

 

“You know it’s been a while since I last ate street foods especially soondae and cold noodles. And yeah even ice cream! I’m glad we ate there.” Seongwoo happily shared to Daniel.

 

“I’m glad you liked it. It’s already dark though, where do you want to go next?”

 

“Let’s just go to the riverside. I wanted to do something on the bridge though,”

 

“You really wanted to go to that bridge of padlocks thingy huh.” Daniel teased Seongwoo and the latter had his cheeks tinted with light pink. “Okay, okay, let’s buy our padlock first.” Daniel led their way to the bridge and then he bought a single padlock from an old lady which wishes them good luck on their relationship. Daniel blushed that time because he didn’t expect that the old lady would say something about the two of them being good together. Somehow, he thank the heavens because Seongwoo couldn’t see his current situation since that would be embarrassing.

 

“What took you so long?” Seongwoo asked Daniel.

 

“Sorry, the old lady just talked to me a bit…”

 

“So what did you talk about?” Daniel taken aback a little and he just drag Seongwoo near the edge of the bridge.

 

“Whoa, wait. We’re not in a hurry, okay.”

 

“I’m sorry. By the way, what do you want me to write on this padlock?”

 

“Hmmmm… just write our names on it.”

 

“Your name was too long you know. And this padlock is kinda small.”

 

“What about O-O-Ongniel then?” Seongwoo flustered on what he had said.

 

“Cute…” the younger smiled looking at the older. He wrote ‘Ongniel’ on a paper between the padlock and he drew a heart surrounding the combined name of the two. Then the guys went on the bridge and Daniel finally locked their padlock on its railings.

 

“Where’s the key? Give me my key!” Seongwoo excitedly said to Daniel.

 

“Are you sure? Okay, here it is.” Daniel put a key on Seongwoo’s palm.

 

“Wait, this isn’t the key on the padlock! This is a house key, isn’t it?” Seongwoo offered his palm signaling Daniel to give him the key. The latter exclaimed as he noticed the key was bigger than he expected.

 

“It’s still the same, you’ll just throw it anyway.” Daniel just chuckled.

 

“Hey, it’s not! I’ll value this for sure. I will not give you this key anymore, just look Daniel.” Seongwoo chuckled and he hit Daniel’s shoulder teasingly.

 

The two wandered around the area hand to hand (well Seongwoo needs assistance anyways) and mindlessly talking about sweet nothings. The night has been great to both of them since they enjoyed each other’s presence without minding things that can just stress them out. Seongwoo experienced to laughed hard again after his eyes got blind. It seems like he’s still a normal person without disability when he was with Daniel and this moment was the peak of his happiness together with Daniel. It was already almost midnight and people are slowly getting little and little. The both of them decided to go home also.

 

“Wait, why don’t we visit the Bell of Happiness before we go home?” Seongwoo suggested.

 

“Sure why not!” Daniel agreed and he led the way as usual. As they got there, the younger also assisted Seongwoo on where he should hold and ring.

 

“Thanks. Wait, aren’t you going to ring the bell also?” Seongwoo asked as the younger’s hands was nowhere on his reach.

 

“Nah, I already ate too much cabbage and I’m already so happy because I’m with you.” Daniel said sincerely and the two of them squealed because of the younger’s cheesiness.

 

“You’re damn funny today, you know. Thanks for that.” Seongwoo’s heart was touched and he felt squirmy inside his stomach.

 

“Okay, I’ll count and then you’ll start ringing the bell.” Daniel said.

 

“3, 2, 1… Go!” Seongwoo rang the bell afterwards together with their laughter that fills the nightly atmosphere.


The two guys found themselves in Seongwoo’s kitchen and were now eating ramen. They were exhausted after their so-called stroll at the park the whole day and that made them hungry.

 

“Aissh, hyung, look at you. You look like a messy kid.” Daniel nagged Seongwoo.

 

“I’m sorry okay. I’ struggling here you know.”

 

“Why would you use a spoon for noodles anyway? There’s chopsticks here.”

 

“You know what, you’re such a nagger. I bet that’s why your past girlfriends left you.” Seongwoo chuckled as he try to piss Daniel again.

 

“Heeey, I’m not that kind of a guy. I’m the humblest guy you would ever meet, trust me.” Daniel fought back bringing his dignity up.

 

“Trust me, if I’m such a nagger like you, my admirers will run away from me.” Seongwoo replied back and now he’s using chopsticks on his ramen.

 

“That’s it. That’s it, you’re trying to look good on people just to like you. Shady.”

 

“Look who’s talking, as if you’re not the same.” Seongwoo sarcastically laughed at their silly topic.

 

“As I said before, I’m a humble and sincere man. For your information, back in Busan, I’m such a heartthrob and many girls were confessing that they like me but I turned them all down.” Daniel proudly shared his story to Seongwoo.

 

“You’re such a dreamer. Okay, I’ll let you just for once. Then why?” Seongwoo thought that it was one of Daniel’s crazy antics again so he just let him do the talking.

 

“Because I’m taken…”

 

“Taken to whom?”

 

“To you…”

 

…and both of them froze and became silent.


A/N:

Hey, I'm not totally back actually. This chapter was already written few months ago and I moved places a few months ago and I can't focus here too much anymore. I'm sorry for the broken promises by the way *hides my face* but I'm pretty sure I'll be finishing this fic no matter what.

 

Belated Happy Birthday to our lovely Ong Seongwoo~~ (don't mind that I'm three days late XD) I'm so full of Ongniel moments these days so I updated this fic. lmao

 

- Jem