Sorry

Medium
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/n- Slight Trigger Warning

 

The air in his father's silver hatchback was thick and hot as Taekwoon slouched down in his seat. Ravi had done the belt much too tight; the sharp edge of the fabric cut into his neck and kept him pinned in a kind of chokehold. He kept his head bowed as they drove back to the house, both of them attempting to come up with some kind of plausible story to tell his mother. 
Ravi hadn't spoken a single word since they had gotten in the car. He had kept his eyes on the road, unblinking and impassive. Taekwoon had begun to consider that maybe Ravi was angry with him.

It wasn't unusual for people to lose their temper with him, after all- everybody got tired of dealing with him eventually.  

"I'm sorry."

Ravi's nose twitched in surprise "What?"

"I'm sorry," Taekwoon repeated, wiping his nose with the back of his grimy sleeve "God, I'm so stupid- why am I so stupid? Why can't I just be normal? This is all my fault..." The demon's eyes flickered downward to where the boy's fingers were beginning to curl around his wrist, nails digging into the soft, pale flesh. Taekwoon had his gaze trained on the road in front of him as if he were waiting for something to leap out and attack at any moment. Ravi frowned and reached out, taking the boy's hand and pulling it away. He held it in the air and sighed, turning his head to watch where he was driving "Stop it, alright? It wasn't your fault." 

But Taekwoon shook his head, his movements violent and jerking "It's always my fault. If I wasn't such a freak, this would never have happened." Despite hating himself for it, Ravi could not disagree per se; if Taekwoon wasn't a Medium then, yes, this would not have happened. But was the kid really taking this so personally? It wasn't like he asked for it so any logical being would say he wasn't to blame. But that didn't stop the way the boy's body began to tremble or the soft, muffled sobs that escaped his lips. Ravi could hear the way his breath kept hitching in his throat and could see the poorly suppressed hiccups causing his body to jump in his seat every few moments. The demon still had a hold on his hand and tightened his grip on it, but not in a painful way. 

He decided to take a leap. "So," he gave a slight cough, clearly fake "Why would you think it's your fault, huh?" 

There was no answer for a while and Ravi frowned, looking back at Taekwoon to see that the boy had gone deathly pale, all traces of colour drained from his cheeks. "Don't..." His voice cracked and he paused, looking down at his lap "Don't let them shut me away again. Don't let them hurt me- You can't. Ple

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter