Hidden

Medium
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ravi padded cautiously back into the front room, walking past Taekwoon's mother towards the window. He peered through the sheer net curtains and frowned when he noticed one of the cars- the silver hatchback- was missing. 

"," Ravi cursed under his breath. Where would the old man have taken him? That old fart only left the house to go to the office, didn't he? And Taekwoon certainly had no social life. Ravi was torn between pitying him and wanting to laugh at him- but something told him that the kid had been laughed at a lot in his life. The demon groaned and stalked over to the dining table, slouching down so he was perched on the edge, toes of his heavy, leather boots brushing the thick, beige carpet. He took hold of one of the chairs to aid his balance. 

However, he retracted his hand almost as soon as his fingers met the cold, oak frame. A thin layer of light grey dust coated his skin, causing it to tingle painfully like putting his hand in hot water. "What the..." He scowled and brought his fingers closer to his face to study them. the residue shimmered slightly in the light and he scowled. He sniffed it a few times before brushing it off onto the floor, gagging.

Decomposing flesh...  

The demon's eyes widened and he leapt up from the table, running towards the front door. "Where are you, Taekwoon?"

 

~~~~~~~~~~

 

"Dad..." Taekwoon muttered, pulling against the grip his father had on his wrist as he led him through a labyrinth of alleyways. The gravel crunched under their heavy footsteps and streetlamps flickered every few seconds. They were far away from any house or person by now. There was nothing. The narrow passageways were full of graffitied, congregated iron doors but Taekwoon doubted any had been opened in years. The elder didn't answer and tightened his hold, causing his son to whimper "Dad, you're hurting me."  He redoubled his efforts to yank his arm away. When did his dad get so strong? It was usually easy to get away.

There was a faint heaving in the distance, a slow, laboured whine, and Taekwoon's head snapped up. "Where are we going?" He gulped, feeling the lining of his throat begin to grow thick with fear. He dug his heels into the ground, attempting to pivot himself in an effort to stop his father, or at least slow him down "Hey!"

His father's continuous silence only served to ignite more panic within him as he began to thrash around violently, kicking out and clawing at the elder's hand. Seeing no other way out, he lifted his head and yelled at the top of his voice, "Help! Somebody help me!"

Suddenly, his father whirled around. Taekwoon felt a balled fist make contact with his stomach, watching as it smashed his entrails together like a rogue freight train. The fist continued to upward until his liver and stomach stopped his father's knuckles from crashing into his spine. Taekwoon's breath instantly left him as he doubled over. His knees buckled from the force, and he went down. His crumpled body hit the ground and he s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter