So Cold

Medium
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"I'm doing this, Hakyeon. Don't try and stop me."

Taekwoon watched as the closet door swung open slowly with a reluctant creak and he gave a sad smile. "Oh, don't sulk," he chuckled as he took his backpack off the top shelf and began filling it with clothes from the hangers in front of him "You could come if you wanted to; nobody is forcing you to stay." Although, he knew that wasn't technically true. Hakyeon had bound himself to this very room in an attempt to protect him. To leave would mean he would have to break his disguise and reveal himself- and they both knew he would never do that if he could help it. 

"The kid's right, Hakyeon," Ravi spoke up from his place on the bed. He hadn't moved since they had gotten home; he hadn't spoken much either beyond the words 'kid', 'pack' and 'hurry'. He was planning something, Taekwoon knew- he just didn't know what. "It's now or never. I'll keep him safe, I promise." It was gone midnight now. There were very few out on the streets. He would take Taekwoon to a hotel or someplace he knew nobody would think to look. Or the others. 

Taekwoon felt Hakyeon back off slightly and turned back to shoving clothes into his backpack. "So, who did you say wanted to kill me?"

"Not necessarily kill," the demon shrugged, rubbing his nails on his shirt "But it wouldn't be pleasant. There's a number of Underworld Dwellers that could use you to start all kinds of and the Celestials... Well, let's just say you don't want to be considered a threat in their books."

"So, everyone, basically." Taekwoon rolled his eyes "Great. What about my mother? She's not exactly going to let me just walk out of here." He spun around and threw the bag at Ravi, who caught it and dropped it onto the mattress beside him, causing the zips to jingle slightly. "I'll just glamour her to think you've gone away with a friend for a while."

"Well, could you do that now? There's still some stuff I need to get from the bathroom." The demon gave him a look but got to his feet, muttering something about not taking orders from a kid as he left the room. "Hurry up," he grunted. Despite his reluctance, he was in no mood for arguments. 

Taekwoon waited until he heard him descend the stairs before hurrying into the bathroom and opening up the cabinet. He grabbed only four things: His toothbrush, the tube of half-finished toothpaste, his razor, and a small container of pills. He stared at the yellow box for a few moments, rolling it in his palm and rubbing his thumb over the lid, before shutting the cupboard and moving swiftly back into his bedroom. He placed the objects (save for the pills) on top of his clothes and tucked the box in one of the many inside pockets. 

He didn't need to see Hakyeon to know the apparition was glaring at him. He let out a huff and yanked his sleeves over his hands.

"Shut up."

 

*********************

 

It was a while before Ravi came back into the bedroom, looking dishevelled and breathing heavily. He scowled at Taekwoon and snatched the bag from him, slinging it over his shoulder and spinning on his heel. "Co

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter