22:

Saved by an Angel
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I am standing right in front of Yuju's house. I want to settle everything between us once and for all. I want to say my apology for abandoning her in her down times, for not being a good angel and a friend to her, and for being so immersed by my own feelings when I am well aware that she's having the most painful time of her life.

 

I've been standing here for almost half an hour and I can't bring myself to ring the bell so I can be done with it. I don't know, I'm afraid about facing her. How can I face her now when I literally left her? Even though she has told me multiple times that I should just get lost and leave her alone, an angel shouldn't do that for I had a contract of being forever with her no matter what happens.

 

" Yuju, I'm... " I frustratedly brushed my face as I practice what I am going to say.

 

Why do I feel like I'm going to my crush' house? Why do I feel like I am going to confess to my ultimate love? Jeez.

 

" good morning? " I hissed at myself when I tried to come up with a not so awkward greeting.

 

I left the apartment early in the morning, the sky is still pretty dark that time and right now the sun is already up but I haven't done what I came here for. I'm such a puss.

 

I didn't bother bringing SinB with me because I'm not going anywhere else after this. I can manage to bring myself home alone after I am done here, I guess. I wish I can.

 

" can I really finish this? " I sighed.

 

I bit my lip and took a deep breath— whatever may happen, let's just settle this once and for all.

 

I reached for the doorbell and slowly pressed the button. I clicked it exactly three times and I almost run after, but I gather myself up and stayed at my position, waiting for Yuju to open the door.

 

A half awake Yuju opened the door, she's wearing a white tee and night shorts. She's frowning at me but I bet she's still not aware of who I am because her eyes are still half open. She's yawning while rubbing her left eye— what an inappropriate behavior she got here.

 

" good morning? " this is not the tone of voice I've practiced earlier! Jeez.

 

She stared at me for a second. I saw how startled she was to see me, but she's quick enough to hide it away and her eyes went emotionless so quick when she finally recognized who I am.

 

" what are you doing here? " she asked me.

 

" I just want to talk to you "

 

" we don't have anything to talk about " she said and about to close the door when I stopped it with my hands resulting for my hand to get caught in it. I softly whined for the pain that I felt and Yuju immediately opened the door and grabbed my hand. The emotionless eyes of hers turned into a worried one real quick.

 

" ya! Why did you do that! " she shouted at me while looking at my swollen hand.

 

" you're about to close the door for me " obviously.

 

She annoyedly looked at me and pulled me inside the house.

 

For the first time after how many years... I once again stepped my foot on my first home. Everything changed, the sofa that I love to take naps during afternoons aren't there anymore, the walls are painted in different color and more, but the memories I had in this house is perfectly playing inside my mind. Like how I tripped on the stairs, how we watch the television in the living room along with her parents and the dining room where we used to eat togeth

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter