02:

Saved by an Angel
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

" unnie! " Yerin rushed towards my direction when she spotted me from afar " I paid for the designated driver, but the driver just drove your car yesterday without you " she didn't waste any second when she reached me and began her nagging " seriously though, where have you been? " she worriedly asked.

 

We're at the university and currently having our break time.

 

Ignoring her question, I looked at the girl sitting beside her " even in the university you're bringing... that? " I said with a frown and pointed out SinB who's blankly looking at me, that angel has never been fond of me and it shows.

 

" today's the general cleaning of my apartment, I don't want to leave her with the cleaning ajoomma " Yerin said and proceed on caressing SinB's hair. They were looking very lovingly with each other and it almost made me puke— or maybe I'm just being a bitter third wheel right now.

 

" so unnie " she looked at me again and this time, her arms are crossed " where did you go last night huh? I haven't had a proper sleep yesterday because of you! I got worried " she continued to nag at me— If you didn't leave me that night then maybe you didn't have to worry and I shouldn't have experienced such a horrible thing. I almost said that out loud but I prevented myself, I didn't want to make her feel guilty or sorry.

 

" and why are you wearing a sweater? It's blazing hot today " she noticed, looking at me weirdly.

 

" just " I shrug. I'm wearing a sweater to hide my bruises on my arms, I don't want her to nag at me even more and act like she does care because it's not going help with my heart's condition— it will just make me think that there is a possibility that she can reciprocate my feelings.

 

" ya " I approached SinB. She looked at me very uninterested, her eyes are very different whenever she looks at Yerin compares to when she looks at me. That girl has never talked to me even once since Yerin introduced her to me. She always has her attention on random things and Yerin alone. She really does act like an object, it's annoying.

 

" never mind " I boldly rolled my eyes " I have to go now Yerin, I have something to attend to " I said as I grab my bag and started to walk away.

 

I heard her shout, reminding me that I still have two classes left, but I didn't bother turning around to respond. Well, she did the very same thing to me that night.

 

I wanted to ask SinB about some information about angels, but I thought it will be useless because she will most likely not respond. Yerin will just be curious about why I am asking such thing when I always bluntly say that I'm not interested in those angels, that I utterly hate them.

 

I walked on the aisle of books as I search for something that can feed my curiosity. I'm currently in the library to search for some books about angels, perhaps a guidebook on how to raise an angel or things that angels like and do would be useful.

 

I brought the angel that I met last night in my house, she looks very weak and dead tired, and as someone who received help from her, I have no heart to just leave her alone there to die. Someone must have beaten her up so I decided to take her to my home, afraid that someone might see her again. Well, I'm not planning on keeping her with me, maybe when she's fine then I'll let her go.

 

" mark of an angel " I softly read the title of the book that caught my attention. I grabbed it off from the shelf and brought it with me on the vacant table.

 

I opened the book and saw the familiar mark that I saw on that girl's arm. SinB has this mark too, but the difference is it's on her neck. Does those marks place different on every angel? 

 

I continued to read— angels have their contract with humans by means of a compact. Every angel has a different way on conducting their contract on the chosen owner and by the time the contract is done, the human should have a black line around their wrist like a band bracelet as the proof of ownership.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter