My Everything Revolves Around You - Minwoo

Another Roleplay's Story Collection

you're one of the main reasons for my smiles. and i thank heavens for bringing you to me, because i have one more reason to smile, when everything else around me wants to see me frown. 

thank you for existing, my sunshine. 

... 

“my everything revolves around you”

a snippet of our story ¦

it was a cold winter. 
business was tough during those days. even if it was the season of merriment and celebrations, i was stuck in my room, busy thinking of plans to execute for the next series of events to be held. there was no vacation that time because everything was problematic to be put aside for a break. considering the time i had in my hands before the year ended, everything seemed to be going against my currents, and only a miracle would be able to turn tables around that quickly. 

bad luck over another piled before me as december began. usually, i'd be able to handle responsibilities but that time around, it was as if i ran out of gas in my tank. i was too tired—demotivated to the point that i wanted to collapse and be put to sleep coma, hoping that when i woke up, everything would be fine. but that, of course, didn't happen. and much to my luck, worse turned worst. 

while everyone cheered in joy, i constantly lost hope. but the child in me still had that tiny, tiny, tiny hope... because christmas was soon! 
honestly, i stopped believing in santa claus. i stopped asking for gifts from him, because i figured when i was young, he never really gave me the things i wished for. but i set that belief aside that time, and wished for at least one mircacle to happen, hoping that he wouldn't screw me up and finally give me the thing i asked from him.
i thought he failed me for the last time. nothing happened. no good news, no changes. just new people to mourn with until we finally bid goodbye to the business if we couldn't change its course before the year ends. and you were one of those people. 

it didn't quickly occur to me how you're actually god-sent specially for me. why? oh because you were so annoying back then. you pissed me off every time you could, nagged me everyday as if i didn't have serious matters to turn my attention to. little did i know you have become the little sunshine i needed on my stormy days. you always cheered me up, rooted for me, believed in me when everyone else was losing hope on me. you were always there by my side, stayed countless nights with me to solve problems on top of another. and then we both made it, just right before december ended. you helped me accomplish what seemed to be impossible to do. you always told me to take credit for it, but honestly, without you, i don't think i would be wherever i am right now. 

you confessed to me one time and told me you've fallen in love with me. just like how you told me not to give up on what i was doing, you told me you'd pursue me until you'd make me fall in love with you. here's the catch, you seriously didn't have to. even before you confessed to me, i was already in love you. 

everything was black and white that winter. and you came to me and brought color to my life... in a very unexpected way. you gave me so many reasons for me to fall for you. and who was i to deny my love to you? 

i still remember how we started: all jokes because we were young by then. we didn't rush things, because we both believed we didn't have to. we just let things happen. that's how our love was. 

and as the days passed, we've grown to know more and more about each other. we were similar in many ways yet so different. but that made you more interesting in my eyes. it was all happiness whenever i was with you. until you said you had to leave. 
you telling me you had to leave pained me so much even though you said it was just for a while. i thought a day without you was just too much to bear, what more were months? and i got more scared by the fact that you could find someone else to love while you're away from me. but you assured me and promised me that i'd only be the one for you. 

to tell you honestly, i've been holding on to that promise until now. you believed in me. now it's my time to believe in you. (you also brought my faith in santa claus back, i might have to thank that old man next christmas) 

my day has become your night, and my night has become your day. we're now separated by numerous seas, when before we were just bounded by different beliefs, cultures, and even by our own personalities. those are just some things difficult to adjust to; but we've surpassed those, we have defied nature, we have survived waves of numerous challenges love holds. 

even if we are now far apart, we're still each other's and held together by our love. 

we've proven that love doesn't have a standard; that love can exist wherever... and whenever, in any form it pleases. 

our story doesn't end here. in fact, we still have a long way to go before our happily ever after. there will surely be a lot of challenges waiting ahead of us, but promise to come back to me soon to hold my hand, and together, we'll make it past through anything.

i miss you. come back soon. i will always be here, waiting for you.

“my everything revolves around you”

Written by: Minwoo